Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Weren't Nami's parents revealed in one of the movies? Also why would the previous Human-Human fruit user need to have died on Drum island? That's not how they work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

anime was right posted:

movies arent canon

Except when they are.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="450633105"]
Oda said that Luffy's mom had already appeared in the manga, and he even specified a volume. I'm sure the possibilities could be narrowed down to a tight list.

You're gonna have to provide a source for this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

The old wanted posters.
Chopper's reward has doubled.

That's pre-timeskip. I can't remember all the changes but at least Luffy and Franky's bounties were higher.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Parrotine posted:

You know what would be loving nuts?

If Kaidou ended up being the Floridian Triangle monster :v:

He did take out Moria's crew after all, I wouldn't put it past him to keep tabs on the dumbest Warlord just to be a dick

Congrats, this is the dumbest theory in the thread since "Kizaru's power is nanomachines".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tolth posted:

No one would win against like half of all Paramecias if they used their powers in the smartest possible way. And that's not including the man who has nanomachines that let him move at light speed.

To be fair I don't think Kizaru can think at light speed so he probably has to plan his moves in advance to avoid jumping halfway across the world.

Actually that'd make a pretty funny omake.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tolth posted:

But that doesn't make any sense. How could a Marine Admiral be so relaxed? I'm beginning to think Oda thinks he's writing for children or something - completely unacceptable and I shall be writing to my solicitor about this.

I don't think the marines really care about the admirals' personalities as long as they're strong and follow orders.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can't wait to see how this guy reacts when he finds out his mom has been lying and manipulating him. He could possibly turn into an ally.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mulderman posted:

Neat to see that ending these of Thriller Bark show up
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/490/4

Are you trying to imply that's Zou? I don't think the elephant would be able to cross the red line.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think you guys are remembering just how big the red line is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Astro Ambulance posted:

What about Buggy's animal trainer guy. Is he a minkman? Cause that would be pretty dope.

Nah, he just has weird hair. There was a question in a SBS about him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="450903889"]
Is Brownbeard somehow related to the new shichibukai, his mom, and Lola? He has similar hair, and I think his jolly roger was very similar, too.

It's just that they're both imitating Whitebeard.

EDIT: I went back and looked, they're not similar at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RC Cola posted:

I'm watching the anime as my reread. I just got past loguetown. Is Dragons power weather? Or was it all coincidence

Yeah he probably has a weather fruit. Some people think he might have a Dragon-Dragon fruit style: Eastern that can control weather but I think that's too obvious for Oda to do. Dragon is his actual name afterall, not a nickname so it doesn't necessarily relate to his powers.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 2, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Blackbeard and Law have been represented as a Hippo and a Snow leopard in merchandise, but afaik they've never really had an animal theme in the manga.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Millions posted:

T/N: TORA MEANS TIGER

Also, Blackbear D.

There's already a bear though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Space-Bird posted:

I've always liked robin but this is the best.

Why is the chapter out so early?

Sometimes the people who leak it just get it early.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Is it possible that the Wine Steel Dragon is talking about is a mistranslation of Wano Steel?

Don't think so. I saw another translation of it as Booze Steel.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hey guys crazy theory I think Fujitora has a gravity fruit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Parrotine posted:

Why do some posters consider Fox's devil fruit ability overpowered? It felt more gimmicky to me than anything else.

Someone explain this tin foil hat reasoning to me :tinfoil:

It'd be a one-hit kill if he wasn't so weak.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Parrotine posted:

drat, who knew Cracked was so reviled around this part of the internet. Color me surprised!

It's more that that specific article is so terrible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Advice posted:

You guys realize that Kuina is Tashigi, right? Oda's already experimented with Plot Amnesia with Sabo, so she's next.

Hasn't Oda explicitly said that she's not?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oh Snapple! posted:

The name "Devil Fruit" is actually a misdirection in itself. They are actually collectively known as "Evil D. Fruit".

Please no

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Minkmen are just Fishmen but with mammals instead of aquatic animals huh.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kild posted:

Will there be a "Fishman" "Mermaid" type distinction for minkmen you think?

The distinction between anthropomorphic animal Minkmen and furry Minkmen might just be sex. Then again we didn't see a male Mermaid or a female Fishman for a long time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think there were some others in crowds/backgrounds but Octopaco is the only named one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kokoro's fins on that page remind me of Pringles "lips" and now I can't unsee it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Luffy is smarter than he acts.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think the haircut is unique enough to tell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Unfortunately, Jack and Drake are fighting on the same side.

Speaking of which I wonder if Drake is one of the 3 disasters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like that the minkmen are actually putting up a fight instead of getting stomped. Also I guess the members of Kaidou's crew that are turning their hands into animal parts are using the artificial devil fruits then? So they're definitely not like a normal zoan fruit.

Also with Jack's bounty keep in mind it's not necessarily because of his strength. Kidd had such a large bounty because he was killing civilians for example, and Jack seems like a similar type of pirate.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah that ain't Morgan. Unless eating a mammoth fruit also makes you grow 20 feet and regrow a hand.

Advice posted:

To be honest, even this: "So, we're going to see Jack's full body revealed in this next chapter:" should be spoilered. Why do I need to know that before I read the chapter? Was this super pertinent information you just couldn't put in spoilers? Or did you just want to be the first person to tell the thread?

It was literally the cliffhanger for the last chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter will probably be out soon anyways. One Piece is usually one of the first to go up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I bet you anything that Ryuuma (the zombie swordsman Zoro fought on Thriller Bark) will come up again on Wano.

Didn't the samurais react to his sword too?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

This is specifically about how many copies have been printed though, which is pretty misleading.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thunderbro posted:

To be fair Red Hawk being visually impressive but absolutely worthless and ineffectual actually is thematically appropriate to Ace himself

How so? Wasn't he taking down battleships with a single firefist?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ryaomon posted:

That's precisely the point. He did dick all in the story and was an ancillary character with zero personality and is somehow consistently peoples favorite character because he's good looking. Sabo is even worse.

Because he was a good character the few times he was in the story.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ryaomon posted:

Blackbeard's first appearance is a very obvious metaphor about him and Luffy having similar goals and ideals but opposing tastes (literally). Akainu is just an angry cop doing his job.

:AMan'sDreamWillNeverDie.jpg:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Maybe Capone's Devil Fruit powers play on the term "castle" loosely and allow him to transform himself into "castle" or "fortress"-like objects such as with the tank treads in this chapter. What are other castle-like objects you can think of? Maybe Capone can turn into a Boeing B-29 Superfortress plane and carry all his crew inside and drop firebombs on people? :v:

Yeah maybe its powers are just very vague like Law's fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dazoner posted:

Robin's fruit is so overpowered... hard to feel like she's not already awakened

Not really, she receives the damage from her extra limbs and they're only as strong as she is.