Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I never liked all any of the peril with water at the beginning. Luffy's getting his dick stuck under a rock in a pool at Arlong Park reminded me too much of Superman and kryptonite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Barto Club ship loving owns :swoon:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

This is similar to my worry that Brook will always stand out like a sore thumb for me, given that it feels like most of his backstory and character growth already happened and he still kind of just feels like a caricature/outsider to the Straw Hats for me and redundant in some ways at best (a perv like Sanji, a swordsman like Zoro, even if he's a fencer). Of course I'm super not caught up, so I can only assume Brook is built on more as a character, and if he's not I suppose I trust in Oda to do poo poo in that direction at some point.

Brook is the cool skeleton pal that makes bone puns, what more do you need?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Kizaru seems too dopey to use his powers to the fullest extent, like how Foxy is too dumb to use his fruit.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Allarion posted:

A couple of characters. I think Marco, Jinbei and Ivankov. Presumably Sabo if you didn't get the preorder dlc.

I think only Nami, Lucci, Ceasar and Sabo have to be unlocked in story mode, the rest can obtained through Dream Mode apparently.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Kinda late, but that was actually Fester in the Adams Family movie.

I hope the same thing happens with Weeble where he is the legit son of Whitebeard despite seeming fake the whole time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I remember years ago some friends were saying Bleach was ripping off Yu Yu Hakusho and someone tried to compare Ichigo with Yusuke. I don't remember the points he made though.

I haven't read or watched much of Bleach, but Yusuke turning out to be half demon was kinda lame, but he was still pretty chill afterwards.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He'll get the Map-Map fruit and have no clue how to use it

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ugh I wish sanji would do more cool offscreen stuff like when he was Mr prince *one month later* where the gently caress is sanji??? loving oda can't write worth poo poo anymore

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah that gritty strawhats fanart is pretty weird, Ussop has a gun and Brooke is hulking

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Asuron posted:

I think the most interesting for me in that article was that Oda showed that Minks existed way, way back in the Sabaody arc on the slave list and noone ever really tied that to Bepo. I'm really interested in seeing what these Snakeneck people look like if they ever appear

Aren't they the "Find the Fish" Chinese race that Scrathman Apoo belongs to?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Would Robin's awakened fruit enable her to duplicate another person's body anywhere? She could put an opponents head in front of her and beat them up with no risk.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Raizou owns, especially on that last page. Oda does not disappoint.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

That color spread owns :stare:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I was wondering how Jack was going to be dealt with, seeing as how he's essentially the world's strongest mook.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I noticed that Scratch's snailphone has horns. Did he have those before? It's entirely possible that Kaido's discovered a way to stack Zoan fruits on top of other ones, and Kidd needs to be confined while he undergoes the process.

It's Kaido's denden mushi and Apoo is calling from the other side.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Maybe Kidd traded pants with a mink?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the amoeba boy hanging out with Pudding

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

tsob posted:

He'd have no interest in the title or position and would be happier just have cool friends, kind of like Whitebeard I suppose. He can be the Whitebeard to Luffy's Roger.

Ivankov was friends with Roger and Bon would be taking his position. Also Whitebeard had a title, so...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Space-Bird posted:

I don't really think it's cool that Reiju is keeping her head down, and not sticking up for her runt brother. I'm surprised people think this is ok? But I guess that's pretty realistic. I think it's great from a narrative perspective, because it's a great contrast for people like Luffy, and why they're cool.

She reminds me of the nazi era german people who pitied the untermenschen but were too afraid to speak out. Its easy for us to say that it was wrong that they stayed silent, but those people were rightfully afraid of the consequences.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Don't they have better art they could use for the screen flashes? The one for choppers monster point is silly looking.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sub Harrison posted:

I wouldn't call Sanji totally normal. He can light his foot on fire with passion. I think all the enhancements gave him a super spirit instead.

I think Oda might be taking a page from MGS and Sanji got all the recessive genes which should make him weaker than his siblings but he still overcomes his shortcomings through willpower and experience

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Big Mom would probably beat Cracker in less time than it took Luffy, but only because she could eat the soldiers faster than Luffy.

Maybe their battle will be an eating contest :fork:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Pedro looks like he's engaged in a round of Dark Souls 3 pvp

Is this the first time that both pieces of fanart are good?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Pudding is super evil, but I think she'll be forced to work with the strawhats despite never having a faceturn, just like Ceasar Clown, and she'll eventually marry Sanji while still having a rotten personality.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Niddhogg posted:

Why on Earth would she marry Sanji, or Sanji marry her, when she is planning with Big Mom to murder Sanji and his whole family????

Because it's the funniest outcome. Nobody expected Ceasar to be buddying up with them back when he was gassing his own troops and experimenting on kids

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Robin is the straightest (wo)man, and if she hasn't broken by now she never will

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's not like bon clay needed to die for his sacrifice to be heroic. He gave up his freedom so that they could escape, and freedom is very important in the age of pirates.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

They'll have eyepatches on opposing eyes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sometimes Luffy even has a matching belly :tinfoil:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

tsob posted:

Having just seen the ARMS trailer for the Switch I can't be the only one thinking Luffy (and maybe Franky) would make great DLC. Or just launch characters, whichever.

Dunno how you missed the obvious bellamy

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oda works very hard and deserves even more time off than he is taking

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Mama holding Brooke is straight up that yeti from Looney toons

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

On Raftel there's nothing except a poneglyph, and written on it is the entirety of this and every other One Piece thread. Upon reading it Robin discovers the reasons behind the void century.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Also why isn't anyone talking about this

It took me a second to realize that's Zoro, not Smoker

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I still hope that Pudding marries Sanji somehow and joins the crew.

I'm pretty sure Luffy mentioned needing an evil schemer for his crew

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Eiba posted:

It's going to be a team fight.

Weather, souls, and food are all defining elements of Big Mom.

I'm sure Chopper can help too.

Maybe for setting up the fight, but Luffy has got to take her one on one

How else is he going to be the pirate king if he can't beat a yonkou by himself

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Congrats to Brooke on finally getting a fakehat imposter

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

We're gonna end up with 10 crew members counting Luffy. A. He stated that number very early on and B. Blackbeard has 10 crew members at this time so we would need a matching set of Straw Hats for the big battle.

Nah it's gotta be 11 so that Robin can't get a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

What happened to Battle Crab 1 through 8 :ohdear: