Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oda's a great loving writer really, that's most of what makes one piece so drat good the guy can just write really loving well when it comes down to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Looks like Buggy is finally applying some loving imagination to the use of his devil fruit powers.

And I am never going to loving get tired of the dude with drawing powers being a seriously really bad artist.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

people make genuine mistakes in one piece and pay for them although maybe never as finally as Ace (and Luffy) payed for theirs

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Naruto and Bleach both stole from things far far better than they, and then, aside from very early on, just had no idea where to take any of it themselves. So we got people crying after the brooding rear end in a top hat and endless white voids.

I'm glad One Piece never fell apart like that, but being very much it's own thing (we're going to ignore the influences from dragon ball here because gently caress it at this point all shonen battle manga has that) probably helpt to keep this from happening.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that My Hero Academia doesn't find a way to go horribly off the rails and squander all of it's promise.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

God Tier
Usopp

High Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Mid Tier
Robin
Franky

Ninety Degrees
Brook

Low Tier
Nami
Chopper

Law Tier
Law

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Devil fruits are peoples dreams, stolen from them and encased in fruits, to make people docile and easier to control. The devil fruit is reborn on the death of the eater in a nearby fruit in order to keep the dream from returning to people. People who eat them cannot swim because that (was supposed to) make it much harder for the fruit to disseminate out into the wider world. The world nobles probably still have most of them locked up, but time makes a fool of even the best plans.

Devil fruits are real "dreams" unlike the shallow and fragile things (some) people hold to now, and you can't have more than one dream so if you eat two you have problems. Blackbeared can eat two (and eventually three when he gets Dragons fruit) because he's the biggest god damned phony ever.

I'm tired nanomachines nanomachines nanomachines

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

haha they made gear four look real bad instead of just silly

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so "Pudding" is going to be Jewelry Bonney isn't it?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

It's also possible that he has a window out the back of his head, hidden by his hat/hair, where his gang can keep watch :)

this isn't possible, it's 100% true no way it loving isn't

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Bonney also has the family hair-color and lipstick style.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's also possible that Bonney isn't "Pudding" but upon discovering that Pudding is to marry a hot guy who also cooks good, she resolves to steal Sanji away.

But I'm still betting they are one and the same.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Clearly Brook's awakened fruit would allow those who died near him to assume spirit form and return to their bodies.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

My hero academia is the best thing in jump that isn't one piece right now. And from week to week it's often better.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nin-Nin

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

heaven is a better manga

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oddium posted:

mr 3's wax stuff ruled. magellan's poison was baller. controlling cookie crumbs to make impenetrable shadow clones... :whitewater:

it's sweet

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the only crackpot theory with any real weight are the variations of "there is something weird about Blackbeard's biology"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is one piece on break this horrible horrible week?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fml

well at least mha isn't, that's good that's good

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 10, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mha is real freaking god damned good and pretty drat popular at this point

it's too bad that the first season of the anime took a big steaming poo poo on one of the mangas biggest strengths (it's break-neck pacing)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the tooth is still out, there

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I doubt pudding is evil, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if her sense of "right and wrong" is at least a little bit cracked.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

either possibility is totally 100% plausible.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

if she is evil, and i'm not happy to admit this, but if she is evil, i hope Sanji hits a lady for once

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

still hard to be 100% sure but probably evil at this point

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Luffy is going to beat big mom up, but he is going to do it with help.

Some help from a good meal with a lot of love and care poured into it!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gear 4 vs Doflamingo was basically like a fully grown adult vs a child.

Yonko is a primarily political position, and Big Mom deals primarily in political power. I don't mean to imply that the Yonko themselves aren't physically formidable, but rather to clarify the source of their "Yonkoness".

It took the majority of Big Mom's forces to take Luffy, in an already weakened state, down. They took significant losses in the the bargain.

Luffy is going to eat maybe the best and most meaningful meal Sanji has ever created.

Luffy will beat Big Mom up, he's going to punch the hell out of her.

And try this one on for size: Luffy's own stated role as a crew member is to defeat those foes the rest of his crew cannot handle. Sanji cannot and will not hit a woman. If I was Pudding I would make sure to stay well the gently caress away from Luffy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Reminder that Oda gave a fruit that lets its user bring their drawings to life to a man who cannot draw.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So Big Mom has someone with the potential to "hear the voice of all things"?

And Pudding hasn't, as far as Big Mom knows, "fully opened her eye".

Is Pudding the one with the potential to hear the voice of all things? Was Roger a member of the three eyes tribe then?

Has Pudding used her own powers on Big Mom?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Brook is really good I love Brook.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I started reading and then got caught up about two thirds of the way through thriller bark.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So she ate her "mom" and got her "mom's" devil fruit power.

Cool and funny and messed the gently caress up.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pudding might actually be the best.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Seriously, how the gently caress is Luffy supposed to beat this guy?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i love pudding

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i feel like there is a solid chance that Luffy has a "real" fire technique that red hawk is just a small taste of, and i have since we first saw red hawk

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Shanks was able to go even, in a sword fight, with a dude who can cut mountains apart. at least before he lost his arm.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Begemot posted:

'Cause those people don't want to work for the government?

who can say what those people, who didn't join, had for bounties when the dudes who did join joined anyway?

remember, the Shichibukai's bounties haven't changed since they joined

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

If you're complaining about the warlords being weak, I can only ask, have you forgotten about Mihawk? The dude could probably go toe to toe with any warlord other than Kaido. Kuma wasn't exactly a slouch either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the don't all have to be at the same powerlevel