Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Just started reading for the first time a few weeks ago, currently on chapter 63 (Gin just gave his gas mask to Sanji during the Captain Krieg fight, I can't believe Gin is loving dead), Sanji is great and so is One Piece.

That's my post thank you for reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Welp, Sanji's officially a member of the gang. I liked the restaurant of the seas, I hope it comes back eventually. I'm sure it won't. Also yay I guess Gin didn't die? Maybe??

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh poo poo, Nami is actually a bad guy, I thought she was just kind of a bitch. The fish guys look cool, and I hope Arlong Park is a literal fish pirate theme park.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sub Harrison posted:

I'd recommend finding an official version for the next several hundred chapters, if you're not already. The scan quality is mediocre and the translation is.. questionable.

The version I’m reading doesn’t seem particularly official, there’s been a handful of Japanese stuff left in with a very fansub-ish flavor - Clahador calling Kaya “Ojousama” for example. The scans I’m reading are colorized and I’d read the translations were accurate, but maybe not??

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Lmao at Usopp's Great Adventure being him just immediately abandoning ship. Every time I think "hey actually this character is my favorite" suddenly some poo poo like this happens, I love you Usopp.

Also what the gently caress at upside down house town. Do the Fishman just flip these fuckers over for fun or something?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Nojiko is the only sane person in this entire series isn't she?

Speaking of this entire series, things I know about one piece from osmosis alone: there's a time skip where nami's boobs get huge, Don flamenco exists, afro skeleton?, chopper's doctoring, uhh I think there's a black haired girl named Robin. Oh some buff dude also has robot arms? That's about the extent of my knowledge.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Boy Zoro I'm glad Nami decided to save you or your jump-in-the-water-while-tied-up plan woulda gone poorly. Oh turns out Nami is actually a good guy who's secretly a bad guy who's secretly a good guy. Gen is a cool dude, but I'm sad Arlong Park isn't a pirate theme park, though I assume one of those will come up eventually.

Holy poo poo Sea Cow Momoo-WAIT LUFFY AND SANJI'S BOAT IS A SOMBRERO OH HELL YES.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sub Harrison posted:

From what you've read so far, who's stronger: Zoro or Sanji?

Hmm, hard to say. Zoro fought Hawk-Eyes McGee or whatever his name was and held his own, sort of. Sanji on the other hand did knock out a bigass loving cow monster in like two kicks. Maybe I'd say Zoro is stronger, if only because he has a reputation so I assume he's more experienced with actual fighting.

Not sure how Luffy ties into all this, he seems to have infinite protagonist power. I'm sure he could stretch up and pull down the moon if he really wanted. Oh god that's going to happen, isn't it?

The actual strongest is Usopp. Every shot he fires is a sure-kill!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Goddamn, Arlong just bit a loving flying canonball to shreds. Also moving a loving reef to open up a whirlpool is some great poo poo.

Bye Johnny and Yosaku or whatever your name was. You were both kinda forgettable. You know what's not forgettable? Luffy being an absolute unit and just loving falling asleep in the middle of the road.

Holy poo poo Nami stabbed her goddamn hand? Okay I'm sorry I called you a bitch, you're fuckin hard-core.

Jeez even as a kid Nojiko is the only sane one. Bellemere seemed chill up until she smacked the hell outta Nami, and then was about to give her kids some goddamn alcohol.

Oh, well this poo poo got real dark real fast. RIP Bellemere.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Arlong you double crossing son of a- okay it was really obvious he was going to backstab Nami, I'm surprised she didn't see it coming. I'm so looking forward to Arlong getting his rear end kicked. I hope Nami does it, but she definitely doesn't seem to be at Zoro or Sanji levels of power yet.

OF COURSE I WILL

どーーーーーん!!

Oh gently caress yeah, let's go, Usopp got his goggles on ITS FUCKIN GO TIME.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
HES USING THE FUCKIN COW MONSTER AS A loving FLAIL HOLY poo poo

Lmao now his feet are stuck.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Sanji if you can destroy a massive loving ceiling of stone in a single kick just stomp the ground at Luffy's feet, c'mon man.

SEE ARLONG JUST RIPPED THAT poo poo FROM THE GROUND, YOU COULDA DONE THAT. Oh great now Luffy's underwater. Could he just stretch himself up far enough to breath, or does water totally disable his powers? (this is a hypothetical question please don't actually answer) Also I was expecting Arlong to hold onto Luffy's hands and swing him around, using the stone block he's stuck in as a flail. Now I hope that happens at some point in the future.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Holy poo poo Zoro loving rolling around on top of the swords.

THEY loving STRETCHED LUFFY'S NECK UP TO THE SURFACE, I TOLD Y'ALL THAT NOJIKO IS THE ONLY SANE ONE.

The manta ray dude has tentacle hair? Sure why not. Also just swimming up and down real fast to make Sanji's organs explode seems like a surprisingly effective Fishman Karate™ combat technique. So does covering up Fishman gills, I guess.

gently caress yeah Sanji, dragon kick his rear end into the milky way. Maybe Sanji is stronger than Zoro, although Zoro is pretty injured so it's hard to call. I'll need to add this data to my spreadsheets for future calculations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
NO HOW COULD USOPP POSSIBLY BE DEFEATED, HES THE STRONGEST????? A-ah, he was faking, of course I knew he was faking! drat this got real emotional real quick, I love Usopp HE HIT HIM WITH A GODDAMN HAMMER, WHY DID NO ONE ELSE THINK OF THAT?

Oh gently caress, Nami's joining the fight now, time to see where she fits into the power rankings. OCTO DUDE IS STILL ABLE TO FIGHT?

I too am proud of my nose because it is unable to break.

LUFFY'S BACK, FUCKIN' BYE ZORO.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
LUFFY SWORD STY-oh the swords broke AND SO DID ARLONG'S TEETH OH HELL YES. lol that Luffy's motivational words about Usopp were about him lying.

🦈: Just what exactly can you do?
:hellyeah:: I CAN BEAT YOU.

Oh my god TEETH PUNCHING

Oh my god TEETH LUFFY

TEETH FIGHTING

"That move won't work on me anymore!" Luffy says before immediately being hit once again by that move. I have a feeling that will happen many many many more times.

E: holy poo poo net hands

どーん!: holy poo poo Luffy mad, crushed the gently caress out of that bigass saw. The scene of Arlong spinning up the building was rad as hell too.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 18, 2018

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
This is the most heart-touching room trashing scene I've ever seen, I feel like I'm gunna cry.

Oh my loving GOD THAT BATTLE AXE KICK THROUGH EVERY loving FLOOR.

gently caress that fight was great. From the moment Luffy gives Nami his hat I knew this was gunna be some good poo poo, but hoo boy that was awesome.

Also lol that Arlong called Nami a cat, and she's beating up Capt Nezumi. Also also what the gently caress is this snail telephone fax machine? At any rate, this definitely feels like the turning point where he's a "real" pirate, I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

RAW HAM MELON

Indiana_Krom posted:

Arlong Park is really what sold me on One Piece, I saw the anime version first and it remains one of my favorite arcs.
Yeah this is where I've gone from enjoying the series to really loving it. I can't wait for the next 900 chapters or however many I have left. Oh also no need to worry about me missing out on music, I was humming the One Piece Rap the entire time I was reading.

scary ghost dog posted:

the arlong fight really highlights what makes luffy such a great protagonist

He really is fantastic. I agree, Luffy, we definitely need a musician before a doctor.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 18, 2018

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
One Piece is weekly, right? I'm used to needing to wait a month in between Jojo chapters.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

dont listen to the funimation dub ost......the original ost is god tier readalong music

Oh I'm not actually listening to stuff, the one piece rap is just burned into my memory from how bad (great) it is.

The Actual Theme is definitely better, but the horrible rap has its own charm.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mr_Moose posted:

As you finish each volume you have to read the corresponding SBS http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_4
I don't know if there's a better link that you aren't a click away from more spoilers though.

This is very important to the One Piece experience.

Oh no how could I forget about the SBS?? I started reading B&W scans and enjoyed the SBS’s, but then when I switched over to the colored ones, they were missing. Now the question is, do I keep reading colored, or keep reading with SBS…

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh neat, get to see the marine HQ, where a whole buncha people just sit there in a line I guess. Hey there's Luffy's wanted poster, definitely the face of a very evil man. Lmao I love how excited luffy is cus of it, and how excited Usopp is for the back of his head to be in the corner. Ooh sword woman IS SHE GOING TO MELT ZORO'S FRIGID HEART?

Hey it's Hawk-Eyes, cool to see him again so soon - IS THAT SHANKS? Oh man I didn't expect him to come back, it never occurred to me that he would still be out doing pirate things.

Sweet, mention of another devil fruit user! I've been waiting for another one to come along, I'm super curious about what their powers will be.

drat Zoro, just tossin a cursed sword up. I can't decide my favorite character, cus every chapter somebody does something great like this poo poo.

Lmao dude smokin' TWO cigars, and then oh boy a cowgirl lady

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Nami can feel the weather, neat.

I must be Luffy because I too have forgotten who cowgirl with a club is.

OH YEAH ITS THE FAT GIRL (I had to look her up because I forgot). Huh, didn't know the devil fruit changed your body beyond super powers, but it makes sense. I've been wondering why Luffy is so insanely strong, I figured it was just cus he's the protag.

OH MY GOD BUGGY IS BACK, SO THE LITTLE COMICS AT THE START OF EACH CHAPTER ARE CANON. I was loving following them, it's really cool that they tie into the actual story. Oh man Luffy's in the gallows, I imagine he must think this is the coolest poo poo because Gold Roger was in the same place. Y'know, when Luffy stretches, does his "mass" stay the same? Like, if he stretches his arm, does it thin out? I imagine he could just stretch his face in order to thin it out and slip out of the gallows. Wait, could he have done that when he was stuck in the rock during Arlong Park...?

Smoker fuckin' rules already. I hope the two cigars are different flavors, so when he smokes them he can pick his favorite pairs. I also like that he paid the little girl for a 5 scoop ice cream after his PANTS ATE HER PREVIOUS ONE.

Luffy if your nose itches just stretch your finger over to it, c'mon man

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Chapter 99: "Luffy Dies"

O-oh

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh hell yeah Luffy, tell the world that you're gunna be KING!

Lmao LOOKS LIKE I'M DEAD! Wow that loving lightning. I'm not sure if it's just cartoonishly good timing, some other power someone has, or what. Oh, Smoker is wondering the exact same thing!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Holy poo poo did Capt Buggy just turn into A LITERAL BUGGY? Oh poo poo Smoker is a devil fruit user too. Are all the names of the devil fruit just noun noun? Has someone in this thread eaten the post post fruit??

So water weakens devil fruit users, but only like, big amounts of it? Rain is fine?

I like Tashigi, I wonder if it's purely a coincidence that she looks like Zoro's old friend, or if she didn't actually die. Didn't she fall down the stairs or something? I could see that resulting in amnesia or something. Oh drat, dude that can control the weather, but I guess Smoker let him go??

HELL YEAH ITS FUCKIN GRAND LINE TIME BAYBE

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Entrance to the Grand Line is a loving mountain? Is there... No other place that they can enter in from? Isn't it like...a line??? I imagine Luffy's solution to this mountain will be LET'S SAIL OVER IT! Oh, there's apparently a waterway on the mountain.

OH LOOK A BUNCH OF BIG FUCKIN MONSTERS. They're all so cute :3: lmao @ the manga just glossing over how they escaped. Feels like a GM just going "gently caress it, you escape the dungeon." Also the gang sure is lucky this bad storm is brewing or it'd be real hard to spot the calm part. Thanks dude who controls the weather!

All this talk of Magic Mountain makes me wanna go to a six flags theme park. STILL WAITING FOR THE GANG TO VISIT A PIRATE THEME PARK.

Lmao Luffy blowing himself up as a balloon to be a bumper to save the boat is great, when are we going to see pinball but with boats and Luffy?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Weeeee here we go down the mountai-oh hey a bigass whale. OH NO LUFFY'S SPECIAL SEAT! Oh, the whale has a hatch?? Sure. Normally I'd just assume it was a submarine, but this is OP so who knows!

Flower dude looks cool. HE FUCKIN JUST... he just painted the inside of the whale. Crocus owns.

Aww, baby Laboon is cute. How come I have the feeling I'll see this pirate again in a few hundred chapters? Anyways, glad we could just calmly sail out of that whale.

Oh, the whale understands people, of course. Did Futurama copy this with Fry's dog? I'm going to say yes. GOMU GOMU FLOWER ARRANGEM-oh my god are they going to use the whale AS A loving BOAT? Oh, no, I guess Luffy's just making friends with the whale by punching it. Sure!

OK, on the count of 3-2-1, baby, I'm gunna post!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Been too busy to read the past couple days, but now here's more initial reactions to things:

A log pose, huh? Looks like... A compass. Aaaand it's broken. Ooh, Raftel, we got a goal now!

Did a fuckin otter riding a vulture just drop a bomb on them? Sure, OK.

Oh, it's winter now, with occasional spring. Oh my gosh I love Luffy's snow man, I kind of want it as an avatar. The man who fell from the sky, Mr. Snowman! Okay drat this storm poo poo escalated quickly, Grand Line is serious business.

Huh, the log pose needs a varying amount of time in order to register an island so they can leave. Very convenient for having various misadventures on each island! (normally I'd nitpick this poo poo, but in one piece it just feels so fun it doesnt matter). I haven't pointed it out yet, but I love how Zoro is always up for Luffy's dumb poo poo. Like any other manga would make the swordsman all stoic and stuffy, but Zoro seems to be always game to go along with Luffy's impulsive and adventurous spirit. I really like it!

I also really like the mayor of Whiskey Peak's hair. It's also nice to see such a friendly welcoming town in the grand line! I'm sure nothing bad will happen here at all!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh noooo the people of cactus Island AREN'T nice? I'm SHOCKED. Holy poo poo Zoro is too bad rear end to get drunk, I love it. Oh goddamn the cactus needles are crosses, that's fuckin cool. DOES THE MAYOR USE A loving SHOTGUN SAXOPHONE? 🎷 🎷🎷

This fight's fun, I like seeing Zoro go all out against a big group. Question though - I'm reading color scans, are there official colored ones or are these likely fan-made? Cus they made the woman who's super buff and throws barrels black, which seems a tad incensitive and I'm not sure if that's the fault of the manga author or some weird nerds who did the coloring.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Julias posted:

Nah, Mrs. Monday is supposed to be black/dark skinned.

Duh, of course there’s an official coloring because there’s an anime :downs:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So I've been real busy and haven't been reading this lately. Let's fix that! Starting back up with chapter 109, "Matter of Responsibility". When I last left off, the gang arrived at one of the first islands in the grand line, and had a wild party that was unsurprisingly a trap by the Baroque Works. Then Zoro came along and started loving everybody up. Now, to continue reading...

Oh this lady has hypnotic boobs. I was wondering what was up with her outfit. Still love that dude's shotgun sax, too. I hope it's never explained how it works.

And now two new peeps have arrived, I like how Miss Valentine looks like she's straight outta the 60s. Oh, and new we get some SECRET DRAMA OOH LALA I guess they were spies within spies. AND THIS DUDE HAS A BOOGER CANON. Oh hey, two more "ability users". Super excited to see their weird abilities. In fact, I hope devil fruit users become the norm, I love weird and wacky powers.

drat, Nami is real good at extorting and also wheeling and also dealing. The ability to make any part of your body explode is pretty fuckin rad. :torgue: And now Luffy is mad for what I'm sure is a pointless reason.

Okay yup, fairly pointless. Lmao at Luffy just loving clowning on explosion man off-screen. Mrs Valentine's ability is neat, but I suspect at this rate we won't see much of it. :v: I love Luffy and Zoro duking it out while ignoring these chumps.

Oh poo poo, name dropping another warlord. CROCODILE 🐊 I love how excited Luffy and Zoro are to be on the hit list now. Aww, RIP Igaram. Now we'll never know how his sax shotgun worked.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Continued blind reading, starting at chapter 114: "Route"

I like Vivi, more now that she's not a bad guy. Oh, speaking of bad guys, miss All Sunday. She can float stuff I guess?? Luffy continues to be the greatest ever - I'd react to the lines of his I like best, but honestly I'd be reacting to every single line.

Also dang, in the little side adventures at the start of each chapter, Coby and Helmeppo are gettin' ripped. Oh gently caress a bigass goddamn dolphin. KICK THE poo poo OUT OF IT SANJ- oh, or just run away. Oh boy, next island! I love that the gang just gets into as much stupid trouble as possible, they're just all so fun. DINOSAUR ISLAND YESSSSS. Oh and giant island too, I guess.

Holy poo poo these giants are great. They're all so jolly, they're like big Luffies!

Holiday Island, Baroque Works' lair? I agree with Mr 3, earl grey is the best black tea. HIS HAIR IS A GIANT NUMBER THREE. I like miss Goldenweek's design too. All the characters in One Piece are so memorable, but there are so many. It must be easy to forget them, but then so fun to reread and rember them all. Oh no the rum exploded, I bet it was Miss All Sunday, that bitch. Oh well, now I get to see Luffy fight a giant :toot:

Hey, Mr 5 is back, and the weight girl, Miss Valentine I think her name was? I'm only just now realizing that Mr 5 has 5s all over his coat. Oh no, Dorry's hurt from fighting Luffy, I hope he'll be okay :ohdear:

Nooooo :rip: Dorry. Although, Mr 3's ability is kinda cool... But it's kinda weird, too...

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm glad you guys are enjoying my live reactions, and yes Baroque Works is very good so far!

Time to keep blind reading! Chapter 122: "Being Dead is Useless" which is a good message imo.

I like the giant wax birthday cake / candle of death that Mr 3 made. That being said, I feel like if you can make as much steel wax as you want, why not just cover everyone up immediately instead of this light sprinkling to turn them into statues?? I guess Mr 3 cares that much about his art. Oh gently caress is Zoro really gunna cut his own feet off? Is there a Doc Doc Fruit user in the house? Oh Luffy showed up and he got only halfway through his legs, whew. Good on Luffy for making fun of Mr 3's hair.

I sincerely hope Usopp gets brave in this fight! Although, if he does, he loses some of his cowardly charm... Miss Goldenweek bustin out a picnic set, I like her. I hope she joins the crew. Hahaha I love how Luffy is so stoked to have his legs in wax. OH NOW I SEE WHY, SPINNING HAMMER ATTACK. Lmao "Luffy! You beat Mr 3! Now come save us!" "Nah"

In the middle of an exciting fight, suddenly the next chapter is "This tea is delicious" lmao. I'm not sure if Miss Golden week is a fruit eater or not, I kind of hope she isn't and her paintings are just so good that they magically work. Mr 5 has a flintlock revolver, is that possible? Probably, who cares. Oh gently caress LUFFY IS FUCKIN RIPPED.

Lmao oh yeah, Sanji is a member of the crew. I sorta forgot he was here. Sorry Sanji!! Oh, wax can melt... Of course it can. It seems so simple, once you know the answer! Oh hey another snail phone, ITS MR 0!!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Chapter 127, "Den-den mushi"!

Mushi as in bug? IS THERE GOING TO BE A GIANT BUG? Please god make it so. Also, is it weird how excited I am for a new cover arc to start? I thought Jango was cool back when we met Usopp, I'm excited to see what he's up to!

:eyepop: :captainpop: :chanpop: :trumppop: :shittypop: :zenpop:

Oh, the Den-den mushi is the snail. I'm a little sad, but I love Sanji's thought process. I know it's spelling out to the reader who Mr 0 is, but I like to think Sanji is just a real slow thinker. I love Sanji bullshitting his way through this snail call, and Mr 0 is somehow buying it. I also like that Mr 0's crocodile (Crocodile's crocodile?) has bananas on its head. OH HELL YES SMOKER IS BACK YESSSSSS

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Chapter 128, "The flag known as pride"

"don't die anymore" - wise words from Luffy. I love that Zoro and Sanji don't seem to realize they're on Dino Island, thinking they got a lizard and a rhino. Oh, and now there's a big fish(?), an island devourer?

STRAIGHT AHEAD! STRAIGHT AHEAD! STRAIGHT AHEAD! Aww, Brogy and Dorry broke their weapons. It was worth it for that awesome attack, though! I'm gunna miss those two, I hope in a few dozen chapters they get a cover story! Holy poo poo, Zoro just swinging around those bigass weights. That's 500kg!! Oh, this dude has duck shoulders. Swan shoulders? That's cool I guess. Oh, Nami's got a fever. That's not cool I guess.

It rules that Luffy, Sanji, and Usopp have never been sick. Luffy's too dumb to be sick, Sanji is too cool to be sick, and Usopp is too cowardly to get sick. I like Vivi basically being the mom on this ship of bumbling idiots, I hope she sticks around after all this Alabasta business dies down. Speaking of which, a goddamn cyclone! And now more snow! I hope Luffy builds another snowman. The man who fell from the sky!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Time to keep on reading! Chapter 131, "Tin-Plate Wapol"

Giant ship bustin out of the water, I guess that guy just hangs out on top of it? Oh, so tin plate Wapol is a guy. A guy who eats swords. AND BOATS APPARENTLY. Yeah, send that tin can dude flying, Luffy! Oh, wait, Vivi recognizes him. How come I have the feeling he was secretly a good guy and now Luffy hosed everything up? Nah, couldn't be, Luffy never fucks anything up.

I like the seasonal system for the islands in the grand line, it's kinda cool! I summer on summer islands and winter on winter islands are easy to imagine, but I wonder what spring on spring islands or autumn on autumn islands is like... Anyways, I agree with Luffy, snow is so fun, and I too like it cus it's white. OH NO, VIVI! Now Luffy is pissed, RIP these townsfo- oh, she's okay I guess. Huh, the doctor is a witch? So I guess she's... A witch doctor? :v:

Hiking bear is cool, I like him/her. How does this country have no name anyways, did no one think to name it?? MR HYPER SNOWMAN AND SNOWZILLA!!! I just want an entire manga of Luffy and friends playing in the snow. This witch is santa. How very appropriate for the time of year! Oh, Wapol WAS a bad guy after all. Good on ya, Luffy.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Let's keep reading! Chapter 134, "Dr. Kureha"!

Sanji and Luffy casually dodging the rabbit while talking about dumb bullshit is great. I like Luffy's theory that if you sleep in cold weather, you die. So you have a bed for when you're ready to die! THE DOCTOR WENT DOWN TO THE NEIGHBORING CITY. Hah, Cocoa Weed. Oh hey, Chopper, I recognize him! He's... Not as cute as I remember, though. Dr. Kureha looks rad, though. Holy poo poo he delivers shots by ramming into children. Okay Dr Kureha rules.

Whoa, that's a lotta polar bears gorillas lapins. Whatever, big bunny bears. And a big wooly hippo! Did... Did Dalton just turn into a loving bull?

Wait, Dalton's not a bull anymore? Did I miss something?? I'm pretty sure he was a bull... Oh, turns out he wasn't a bull, he was a Bison! Another fruit user! Fruit eater? Either way, it's cool! And now there's a loving avalanche.

And now there's a snow surfing fight with the lapins, hell yeah. Aww, Luffy saved the little lapin's parent, how sweet.

More cover stories, will we get to see Jango's bare face???? Anyways, the lapins are helping Luffy! Man, Luffy's been climbing a sheer wall for 3 hours, that's some serious poo poo. Gunna suck if he's climbing up the wrong one. Oh good, it's the right one, but then Luffy fuckin passes out cus of course he does. AND THE CLIFF IS FALL-oh, chopper(?) saved him. Chopper is much burlier than I remember, though.

JANGOS EYES ARE HEARTS AAAAAAAAAAAA- lmao oh my god the panel of Vivi dragging Usopp by the nose is the funniest poo poo. Y'know, I'm starting to notice how the art has improved lately. I know I've still got like eight hundred chapters to go still, I'm looking forward to how well it improves going forward! Oh hey Zoro's back. "I saw some fish swimming in the freezing river so I thought it'd be cool to chase after it." man, when I first met Zoro I thought he'd be a generic serious swordsman guy, but he is just as goofy as the rest of the gang. Anyways, here's the cute little chopper I know from media osmosis. Hahahaha wow, they actually poked fun at Nami being in her bra back on Dino Island. Oh, Chopper ate the people people fruit. Of course!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Viridiant posted:

The One Piece Wiki says Little Garden is classed as a "prehistoric island" but I can't find any source for that so I'm pretty sure it's just the wiki editors filling in the blanks with their own canon. Spring Island makes the most sense to me.

Oh! I can actually help with this! Vivi described it as a prehistoric island, saying that it was so separated from other islands that it has its own unique history and development.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Chapter 140 "Castle-dwelling Snow"

Why is everyone so surprised that the castle is cold and snowy? It's in a fuckin tundra. Aww, Chopper's backstory ss real sad. It'll be funny if Sanji and Luffy are so dumb they think of him as a regular reindeer, thus making him feel accepted. Oh, I guess Luffy just thinks a talking reindeer monster is cool, that definitely is very Luffy.

Oops, Jango accidentally entered a dance contest, I hate it when that happens. I want a full manga of Chopper and Hiluluk just going on misadventures around town, "healing" people and getting into trouble.

I'm so emotional over Chopper's backstory, I don't have much to add. It's really good!! Chopper is very precious and much less of an rear end in a top hat than I thought he'd be. He went out and found the mushroom!

There's so much talk of these MD-20s, I wonder what they're like. Obviously they're doctors, but are they like, military doctors? I dunno... Oh... Oh no, the mushroom... It had a skull and crossbones next to it... :ohdear:

Oh, there are the MD-20s. I guess they're just pink military doctors. "A man only dies when he is forgotten." good words, Hiluluk. I really like him, which makes this story extra sad. Also makes me want adventures of Hiluluk and Chopper even more.

Holy poo poo the two page spread punch is SO GOOD

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

E: One Piece is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Startin back up with Chapter 146, "National Security"

Sanji's big grin HES A MONSTER about Luffy is great. Also, I wonder why Chopper can change his size. At first I assumed it was a devil fruit power, but his devil fruit made him like a human, and I don't think humans can change size like that... Wait, what would happen if a human ate the hito hito fruit? Would they become the most human of all humans? Lotta good Sanji lines in this chapter, especially the one about afro-bros. AND THEN HE LAUNCHED LUFFY LIKE A GODDAMN MISSILE HELL YEAH! Aww, poor wooly hippo.

Aww, Hiluluk inspired the MD 20s! OH gently caress WAPOLHOUSE IS AWESOME. Huh, they're calling it the Munch Munch Fruit now, when earlier it was called Baku Baku Fruit. Make up your mind, translators! (I do prefer munch munch fruit though) Oh, so Wapol is like a deranged kirby. CHESS MARIMO COMBINATION!

I dunno how Luffy goes from being so lighthearted and goofy to being so cool. You'd think that he would be hard to take seriously, but it just works so well.

Oh my god Luffy's sparkly SEVEN FORMS? panel is the best poo poo. Chopper's seven forms ARE pretty cool though.

Oh no, Wapol is in the castle. He's not gunna close the door, is he...? NO HES JUST GOING TO EAT HIMSELF. And now he's skinny, and now Luffy is gunna kick his fuckin' rear end.

Has tongue became, a cannon! And then the biggest loving gomu gomu bullet ever, goddamn. I agree, Luffy, JUST SHUT UP AND COME WITH US ALREADY!