Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Say Nothing posted:

Nami is naked

Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Oh, so Sanji's working for Big Mom now? Poor dude, always being bossed on by ugly women and okama.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm thinking he escaped and she kidnapped the poo poo out of him.

I really wonder where Caesar's going to go, having an actually evil person hanging out with the crew for a while is kind of cool.

Probably, or maybe when he was confronted by her underlings, he agreed to come voluntarily to offer reparations (in form of sweets) in exchange for the safety of the rest of the strawhats.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

tsob posted:

What did it overcome to gain the title? And when? I'm guessing it was another long running manga, but I'd have no idea what off the top of my head.

I'd like to know as well, but if I had to bet, I'd guess Kochikame.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Looking at his schedule and sleep hours, even if he finishes it, he won't be alive for long by that point to enjoy the money.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Poor Pekoms :(

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

chefscientist posted:

He's got a castle inside of him, they could be drilling and training around the clock.

What a great chapter.

Yeah, except for all the furries

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Can you imagine a shonen where quality/strong mooks existed and did something other than being puching bags for the heroes?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Crazyeyes posted:

How did Sanji manage to knock his buddies out of Capone? In staring at this picture but can't figure it out.

Kicked them out of the eye/window I suppose.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

A Garfield joke in One Piece? Wow.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
If they are so sure Kaidou will come after the Straw Hats, why not make sure he founds them and lure him to Big Mom's party? That would be the best way to crash the wedding (and half the world).

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
A ninja who ate the Whale-Whale fruit, he was disguised as the whale tree all along!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
This chapter is loving great, even Law got into the ninja fever. Also, the talk about hearing the loud voice when they got near the top, and the duke said there was another person who heard it before, it was a reference to Gold Roger?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Holy gently caress, so much plot advancement, Zou best arc.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(Anyways being boiled alive was a popular, or at least widespread in fiction and historical accounts, method of execution)

Somewhat popular in feudal Japan, there's some historical accounts about it. In fiction we have that one scene in James Clavell's Shogun where some samurais boil alive a bunch of english sailors for trespassing.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

AnonSpore posted:

If you catch Gol D Roger you get all the bellis, nobody else gets to have any of them

Except for Garp, he got paid in rice crackers.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Does the villain's face looks like Duval's post Sanji foot-surgery or is just me?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Ok, point taken.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If that's Kidd, I'm curious as to why Kaidou would jail him versus just killing him. Harsh punishment seems to be Kaidou's modus operandi.

Perhaps he wants to do some good ol' fashioned torture or even exploit his magnetic powers.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Loved the smug man-gator.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Spidder posted:

Roger is tottaly alive in some way, Momonosuke saw him and Oda just casually listed his age :tinfoil:

Roger ate the Coackroach fruit, he still alive even when they cut off his head.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
drat Luffy, I hope you don't end up like Mr.Creosote.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

oddium posted:

when does luffy fight zoro

Whiskey Peak, the first island of the Grand Line.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Oda does it again.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Brook is going to become the new Mr.Prince.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Radish posted:

The ending of this arc should just be the ending of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines but with Big Mom in place of Lacroix

Only in the canon ending, I doubt the bomb in the box will be strong enough to wound Big Mom anyway, just enough to enrage her again.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Jose posted:

the last island before raftel imo

That's Sniper Island.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Oh my god Pudding whyyyy.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
It's a pretty good film, it helps a lot that the story is tighter and more focused than many previous OP films. What I dislike is the weak characterization, aside from Tesoro himself, nothing is revealead about the antagonists, they really could be more fleshed out(and Tesoro himself only got like a one minute backstory flash, laaazy). Also the last fight goes on for too long for my taste. Some more random thoughts:

- Cameos. Aside from the obvious ones mentioned before, in the background you can spot several minor characters from the past, I saw at least three Heracles, Absalom and the noodle chef guy from the sea train in Enies Lobby. Sure, most of them felt shoehorned like Sabo or Lucci and did absolutely nothing, but it's cool to hear from them.

- Turtle cars, so One Piece, so cute and fun.

- Golden Cloths who give power boosts, seriously? Saint Seiya reference probably? Also the battle bikini cloth for Baccarat was dumb and annoyed the hell out of me.

- The first half of the movie is pretty cool. It gave me some Lupin the 3rd vibes, the other half is standard One Piece movie. However, the beam battle a la DBZ at the end was really necessary? Felt cheap and forced.

- Awakened fruits are getting ridiculous, but it's amusing to think how Eneru would have clowned Tesoro in a second. The luck fruit really deserves a special mention for how dumb it is and how super broken it would be in the hands of a strong person.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 7, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Is time for the devil fruits=nanomachines argument again?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Brook, you magnificient bastard :allears:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
it sounds a bit unbelievable, is that guy legit?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Goddamn Pedro, looking fabulous.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Mr. Fowl posted:

Can One Piece have too much titty? There is only one way to find out, says Oda.

Then it turns into Fairy Tail.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
What a bunch of dorks.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
That's a great way to make an entrance, all right.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Gyges posted:

Shanks' crew seems small in comparison to, like, Whitebeard or Big Mom, but is still at least Foxy sized. He's got his main guys, but he's also got lots of mooks along for the ride. Like the guy he sent to deliver his message to Whitebeard, or the guys who met Mihawk after Luffy got his bounty. He seems to have at least several dozen guys who aren't the main guys who have names and stuff from back when Luffy was a kid. Even then he had enough dudes to fill out a bar.

His newest rookie, who he sent to Whitebeard, was a dude with a 94 million bounty, not your average mooks.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Dog Kisser posted:

Last place I read to was the end of Dressrosa - did I miss anything since?

The best part.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The hype, can't wait to see what comes next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

:five:

Let's discuss nanomachines again.