Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Thank god Dressrosa is over, only one good thing came out of that arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean you can boil it down to a partially-right snipe if you want, even if you're mostly wrong

I just wanted to post that image really, Dressrosa had issues but it wasn't the worst arc, it was just too long and drawn out, and was based around saving characters I didn't care for (Rebecca, King Riku, the Dwarves). I'm super excited for the next arc, my guess is a brief story about reuniting with the other Strawhats before Big Mom, its still too soon for Wano and Kaido.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How has their been this much discussion about the Davey Back Fight without this panel being posted?

The horrible scan quality/translations of the pre-Water 7 arcs (especially in the DBF) is what prevents me from doing a proper re-read of the series.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Oda the Troll suckering me with the first few pages, I thought we were gonna have another Dressrosa wrap up chapter...and then boom!

I noticed that the Yonko images for Kaido/Big Mom more closely resemble the ones we saw during Garp's introduction of them, especially Kaido's mouth.

Is there a third person in the Revolutionaries drawing on the far left who we haven't seen before?

Sanji backstory arc incoming, oh god, I always thought if anyone had a missing backstory it would be Nami (due to how she and her sister met Bellamere and the nature of her weather predicting powers).

gently caress running around after Pica, this is One Piece right here, I'm so excited for next week!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Kild posted:

The Mane thing in the big pirate panel is probably the 7th. Same mane from

?

I always thought that person was Captain Yorki (who may still be alive, albeit very old), theirs no reason to keep Shiki's identity a secret.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

More info on the One Piece Kabuki play in Japan - http://kotaku.com/live-action-one-p...dium=Socialflow

Whitebeard looks loving pissed

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Predictions for the upcoming arc -

Chopper becomes friendly with the Minkmen and realizes that Zou might be the only place he can truly fit in. He has a "Pikachu's Goodbye" moment but eventually returns to The Strawhats and has his "The * Member" chapter (which he and Robin haven't had yet).

Bepo is a Minkman.

Marco & the remaining WB pirates return and join the Strawhat armada, we finally get an explanation of his powers (as promised in the SBS)

The Samurai continue to be pointless.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Here is a preview of an upcoming 40 min documentary about Oda's studio.

Look at his loving toilet, just look at it!

http://kotaku.com/one-pieces-creato...dium=Socialflow

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

New chapter is up early - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/803

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Space-Bird posted:

Actually that's a pretty good point. Doflamingo was at Marineford when Ace died. He also knows a lot about Devilfruits, he employed Caesar, was an arms dealer, and was supplying fake devil fruits to Kaidou. It actually makes sense that he thought to snatch up Ace's fire fruit.

If it is indeed a case of "fruit within the vicinity becomes the new DF" then I'm surprised the Marines weren't prepping a fruit themselves in order to get the fire element fruit on their side when Ace died.

Actually maybe they did, but because he escaped from the platform and made it to the edge of the island then another random fruit got it instead.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I am currently shedding a single manly tear for the dragon :japan:

EDIT: Luffy you are the loving rubber man, why don't you and Robin do what you did in Skypea and combine her eye and your stretchy arm and pull the two Samurai back up like you did when Usopp fell off the Going Merry while you were in the sky

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 22, 2015

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Dog-Nami is getting the bestiality train going, and a lot quicker than I expected. I wonder if this faster pace is a response to Dressrosa (if so it's a welcome change).

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

New chapter is up - http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/807

I gotta admit, that cover page had me laughing for a good few minutes

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I guess that "Here lies Sanji, he never scored" picture is about to be outdated... poor guy.

Big Mom wanting to get married is another point towards her being Lola's mom however, as Lola was also obsessed with finding a husband (but would that make her royalty to?)

gently caress yeah Bege Capone is back!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Ah i completely misread that I thought Sanji was marrying Big Mom, maybe he will get the 3-eyed chick instead (or Lola)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I wonder how a Law/Capone fight would even work... if he did the Shambles move and cut up Capone's body could his men fall out of the gaps?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I like that Capone has a non-generic henchman now, who will probably fight one of the SH crew later... although I bet he's tired about all those jokes about his giant hands, the first such incident occurred in....

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Looks like Sanji is a Zoldyck

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Something I was thinking about earlier, Sanji shouldn't feel bad about hiding his past from the rest of the SH crew because nearly all of them have done it.

Luffy never told his crew about the fact that he had an adopted brother who is Gold Roger's son (even though he told a ship of strangers/former enemies), or that his grandfather was a famous high ranking marine.

Zoro has never said anything about his family.

Nami was introduced to the crew as a spy for the Arlong Pirates. We also don't know anything about her past pre-Bellamere (I've always thought there was some backstory to Nami's weather reading ability).

Robin didn't tell anyone about her backstory until they had CP9 breathing down their necks.

Franky's parents were pirates, which you know is gonna come up again sooner or later (why mention it otherwise).

Brook hasn't said anything about his life pre-Rumbar pirates, except for that he was some sort of military officer in a certain kingdom, you know that's gonna come up at some point.

The only people who have been 100% honest about their pasts are Chopper and (surprisingly) Usopp.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

So it appears that the fully colored versions of One Piece have been completely scanlated up to chapter 721, and I believe the scanlations for them are new ones since, well, there's no Bisoromi Bear or Tanjiaado Lofulamingo-sama to be found, for example.

There's no legal way to get the fully colored versions in english officially, right? It's still just a japanese-only thing?

The lack of Bisiromi Bear-Sama is sad, but having a consistently well done scan of One Piece is a god send. Most sites host the unreadable versions of Little Garden, when the scan is so terrible you can't make out whats going (like Jojo had for a while).

That being said, the color version makes the massive white auras around all the characters way more noticeable.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

So uh... this is a thing - http://kotaku.com/the-latest-one-pi...dium=Socialflow

I guess they haven't invented buttons and zippers in the Rule 63 One Piece World

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

mycot posted:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the incident where the author got arrested for seeking underage prostitutes.

He wasn't just looking for them, he paid a 16 year old girl to have sex with him - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2002-08-07/mitsutoshi-shimabukuro-arrested

I don't care how good Toriko is, gently caress that guy.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Gyges posted:

So on Roger's Crew we apparently had Clover who went on to teach Oharan scholars how to read ponyglyphs and Oden, the last guy who knew how to read and create ponyglyphs. Additionally Roger could apparently read them himself. Man, if Robin didn't survive Ohara then all of Roger's plans would be for naught as no one would be able to read the directional ponyglyphs or read the true history when they got to Raftel.

Clover wasn't a Roger pirate (or at least hasn't been confirmed as one so far). All it took was a few scholars and a single Poneglyph for someone to crack the language, so it's not without the realm of possibility for others to learn how to do it again. There may also be a DF that lets people read any language.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I really wonder how the story is going to continue after Zou. I can't see the crew being split up again so quickly after they had just got back together. Going after Sanji and Big Mom seems the likely course of action, but we keep getting more and more info/reasons for the crew to go after Kaido.

I still think that Oda introduced the Wano characters too early. They have been bit part players for two arcs now, and if the next arc is Big Mom, then they will still just be hanging around.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Obligatory ReasonDavyBackWasBad.jpeg

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Theory Momonosuke is one of the three weapons, like the way the Princess Shirahoshi is Posiedon. Maybe he can control big non-Sea King animals? Although Luffy can hear the voices, he cannot control them in the same way the Princess/Momonosuke can

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Nami is now goku

and Pekoms is Master Roshi

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Jimbo for tenth strawhat

Stop ragging on his cord

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Like a lot of things with Oda, I doubt he had it planned down to minute detail but he definitely did have something planned. The whole thing about Sanji's face never appearing on a wanted poster until recently is testament to that.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I really like the fact that Capone has a crew with its own identity now.

After this chapter I think I like Vito the most, you wanna know why? Because he's the kind of person who roots for the bad guys in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG3mhtojm8Y&t=90s

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I wanna know what guy (or guys) knocked up Big Mom over thirty times.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

"Gildo what did you do, get a haircut or something?"

"Look closer Luffy"

"Oh you're the biggest man in the world now, and you're completely covered in gold"

"14 carat gold!"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Sanji's fiancée is Tien with tits.

I thought this arc was going to be a take on Alice in Wonderland, but after seeing that carpet I think we are getting an evil Disney themed crew.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Man Zoro picked the wrong arc to sit out on, between Bobbin and the chick with the big hat, he's missing out on two sword fights. It's gonna be up to Brook and Pedro to make up the difference.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I wonder what the situation between Moria and Kaido was? If anything, Moria offers the best way for Kaido to die. If he removed his shadow and Kaido went out into the sun then that should kill him no?

I can picture a scene where even Kaido's shadow is too tough to cut.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

lowercase16 posted:

I had a thought last night. Was Brook killed by Germa 66?

Brook and the crew that survived the attack all succumbed to poison and poison is an assassin's tool. And he's been acting weird every time they're mentioned.

Actually, Brook mentioned that he used to be in the army for a "certain kingdom". Maybe that was Germa 66's kingdom. Hell, maybe Brook (and the rest of the Rumbar Pirates?) were targeted because they defected.

Maybe Yorki was one of Sanji's grandparents/great grandparents; if you add both of his tattoos together then they make number 3

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Yorki?file=Yorki_Anime_Infobox.png

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Ace - Drawn by the guy who did Johnny Five Aces.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

What an odd chapter so the thing that seduces Luffy is... fighting himself? Is it like in Red Dwarf when the Cat sees his own desires in Camille?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Bad news - OP is off next week as well :(

http://kotaku.com/one-piece-wont-be...dium=Socialflow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

gently caress Kotaku - One Piece is back! http://readms.com/r/one_piece/832/3534/1

That cover page is...uh...