Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I can't wait for Enel to come back from the moon to join luffys armada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I've read all the manga but never watched it. I started watching it with my girlfriend who knows nothing of one piece. It's pretty great. I just got to the Arlong arc. The scene with sanji and the cooks was really well done. It got me right in the feels

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm watching the anime as my reread. I just got past loguetown. Is Dragons power weather? Or was it all coincidence

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I am watching the anime for the first time and it makes some arcs much more enjoyable (jaya, arlong park, don krieg) and makes others (skypiea-spelling) worse. That is until luffy fights eneru. His reaction to luffy not dying via lightning was amazing. Also the graphic showing the four straw hats heading for the ruins splitting up and watching zoro go backwards. Classic.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just got to Noland flashback in one piece anime. I forgot how awesome he was. He was way more forgettable in the manga

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

G8 is good. I'm glad I decided to not skip it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I'm blaming you.:mad:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tunahead posted:

You all laughed when people wanted that lamewad Paulie with his knotted ropes to join the Strawhats, but he would be really handy right now with all the rowdy animal people turning rubberman and boneman into chewtoys.

Was that a devil fruit power? I never figured that out

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm watching the anime for the first time and got to Brook's backstory. It's so sad :(

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

oddium posted:

quartet ...... trio ......

duet .....

solo ..........

That made me cry. One piece is very good and making me feel emotions. It was worse because I knew it was coming from the manga... The anime just brought them all to life so much more. And then Brook hanging out alone slowly going insane.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Green Intern posted:

4kids Version: "Wow guys you're all so tired! Don't worry, I'll keep playing you a lullaby so you can all sleep! Wow, I'm really tired myself. Dead tired!"

Is that for real?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

LostRook posted:

No. The 4Kids version wouldn't allow the word "dead" in any fashion. (also didn't get that far)

It's a testament to how bad it was that I could believe that.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

In watching the anime I just got to the Marineford arc. Impel down was so good. I forgot how incompetent buggy was. I mean I knew, but I forgot people like crocodile and Mr 1 were sitting there going 'how do these loving morons believe him'
Also how is Bon Clay not a straw hat. Hes the most straw hat straw hat that isn't Luffy.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I stopped watching bleach when itchigo was fired from a cannon to fight after finding out he's a Quincy shinagami hallow
Has it gotten better or worse?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

So how is Blackbeard able to have two fruits again? Is it because he's fat or something?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Sub Harrison posted:

I never felt the need to extend every Strawhat backstory. Sanji was a cook apprentice and trained by an S-tier Grand Line pirate. That's all we need to know.

What's next? Franky was Vegapunk's son before losing his memory and washing ashore water 7?

I mean. We could get more zoro backstory.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Do we have any idea who joy boy is?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

When I said I was giving up on Bleach I meant it. :colbert: Nothing anyone says will make me go back.

Same. Also great avatar

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Just got to the fishman arc in the anime and man is it dragging

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Hockey is cool though. Hockey forever.

Just use hockey from now, Luffy.

I'm all about this post

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Green Intern posted:

One Puck is the spinoff we deserve.

I would pay so much for that

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Is there such a thing as a hockey manga? I've read football, soccer, volleyball, boxing, baseball and basketball manga's, but never hockey.

It would be so easy. There's already checking and fights in game. The drama is there. Throw in a girl pretending to be a guy and you've got a manga. Also haki slapshots

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Scratchman Apoo posted:

They probably meant 300,000,000, but I don't speak Chinese so I'm not positive.

No way Capone has a higher bounty than Jack, Luffy, Ace, Law, and Doffy.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Kild posted:

It'll be Lola.

But she got skinny and also has a cool devil fruit power

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

so "Pudding" is going to be Jewelry Bonney isn't it?

Please yes

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

No one called that. That's interesting

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Now I'm not sure if I want Jimbei or Nekomamushi for next Strawhat. One can judo by sea, the other can judo by land.

Decisions, decisions...

Both?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

And in English

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/One-Piece/817---Raizou-of-the-Mist?id=265380

Easily one of the best chapters in ages if not for the previous chapter :allears:

You're wrong, this was better than last chapter

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Karoo for next strawhat

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

AshB posted:

So if Zou has one, Big Mom has one, and Kaidou has one, where do you think the fourth one is? I'm sure Blackbeard will find it before or at the same time as the Straw Hats.

Shanks has one. It's his dinner table

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I think it was more patronizing than anything, like "Yes, yes, dummy, you're stronger than Sanji, congrats."

Still hilarious though.

My fiancé does that to me alot. Oh no :(

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Next straw hat carrot confirmed

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Scratchman Apoo posted:

It looks like there are spoilers out for 825, and the most important thing to say is that One Piece will be on break after the latest chapter.

Please post the spoilers.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Star Platinum posted:

Here's hoping they resolve the "Sanji pretends to be an rear end in a top hat to protect loved ones" drama fairly quickly, like after a brief fanservicey Luffy vs Sanji fight Sanji somehow communicates his situation to Luffy and Nami and they start putting together a rescue plan. We don't need a step by step repeat of Enies Lobby with Sanji playing the role of Robin.

Came here to post this

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Kuroyama posted:

One Piece was in issue one. The third issue was Shaman King.

Wasn't Yu-Yu Hakusho in the first one too?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Onmi posted:

Spoilers are starting to come out. Just as a warning to the thread. Apparently this will have another break after it.

Anything good?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

tsob posted:

Non-alcoholics. Lame people

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Aurora posted:

It took a year off between part 6 and 7 but it's still longer running

Is it worth reading?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

speaking of which gently caress monet gently caress paulie gently caress carrot gently caress pedro the only SH thats getting added this arc is jinbei and ill bet my entire fleet on that one
edit: but if anyone ALMOST hit nakama tier it was gangster gastino
Carrot and Pedro will join the mink crew under the Luffy armada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

How did Brook become the best Straw Hat all of a sudden???

45 degree angle!