Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Why is it so hard for you to just say "What do you dislike about it?" Why is it immediately "I don't know how?" Like your brain is actually completely unable to empathize with somebody who dislikes something that you like.

Just say what you dislike about it holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

I agree and I really liked her design too.

same

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 22, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I still like that Doflamingo's awakened power could conceivably have been control over the strings that theoretically comprise every object in existence

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tolth posted:

So, how's the awakened Gomu Gomu gonna work when it happens? My bet is Luffy gains the ability to reduce the integrity of other living beings flesh to turn them into I Have No Mouth Yet I Must Scream style piles of rubber goo permanently.

If Doflamingo's was the guy known for controlling everything to be able to control literally everything inanimate, and Blackbeard's being the guy who gains all his power by taking from others being able to take something connected to the very core of a person, what will the power be of the man who just does not go down, and seeks the highest freedom possible?

A super ball.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jose posted:

seeing the gorosei fight. they're old men and run the world government

They're gonna get boiled alive by Akainu, there are too many important established fightmans to get through to bother with these jerks who may not even be fightmen

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

WAIT A loving SECOND.

IS THAT A FAKE MUSTACHE?

That's snot, settle down

E: I don't actually like the new guy at all TBH, but I suspect Oda will do something cool with him that changes that

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 1, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

Marineford was amazing, people that don't like it are poo poo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Why do some posters consider Fox's devil fruit ability overpowered? It felt more gimmicky to me than anything else.

Someone explain this tin foil hat reasoning to me :tinfoil:

If he shoots you you're now moving glacially slow.

A couple of poisoned knives to the chest from there should be enough for most people.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Parrotine posted:

I don't really understand what's going on in that last bleach panel but I'm not sure I want to cause it's ten times funnier that way

They're on Tite Kubo's wild ride

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Pirate Goku and Ninja Goku.

All three are aspects of Goku.

One day they shall merge and our savior will be reborn

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Advice posted:

It's a major theme of the arc - Arlong calls Nami "his" nakama, like she's his friend/crewmate/etc, but Luffy corrects him, that she's actually their nakama. He says this even though she's currently considered a member of the Arlong pirates. This is one of the reasons I support the distinction. It would, at the very least, be awkward in English to use any other word in that situation. No, "friend" doesn't work. Because Arlong doesn't consider Nami a friend. She's someone who works for him. No, "crewmate" doesn't work, (in this exact situation and almost no others) because Nami is undeniably a member of the Arlong pirates. So Luffy saying, "she's MY crewmate!" makes him sound like an idiot.

Luffy is an idiot.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I actually wouldn't at all mind an arc that explored what would happen with the Straw Hats if they thought one of their own was gone.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I'm blaming you.:mad:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Almost every single supernova outside of law has been completely superfluous so far. Even kidd has been a nonentity for the majority of his existence.

That's because most of them were superfluous; they were pretty much made up on the spot for Sabaody.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm starting to get an idea of why Caesar and Sanji aren't there anymore.

Can't really have the guy who gassed a country hanging around in it, and someone strong is the only one that could handle him if something went wrong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

but isn't that kind of important

It shouldn't much matter where Roger came from (unless he's a Celestial Dragon or some poo poo), what was important were the things he did as a pirate, and there will probably be a few more big surprises pertaining to that remaining in the manga.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Thoren posted:

Toei blew it with the Zoro/Pica fight. The ending to Luffy vs Bellamy was cool though. Hard to believe they were made by the same studio.

In all likelihood, they may not have been.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oh my loving god I just realized Zou is a zoo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/14-1/one-piece-jeans-freak-figures-scheduled-for-spring

So I have a question which will hopefully spark a page long derail so I have to ask.

Is Luffy attractive? I mean like Ussop wasn't hot or marketable enough to be a Jean Freak. So does Luffy have the qualities hot shonen protagonist?

he's the protagonist of the series, and also yes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Life Size Weeping Sanji Phone Charger

why is that on the be- :stare:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

To be honest, it's never really specified when Shanks became an Emperor, so that could very well be the case.

Still, he was famous for his battles with Mihawk even before meeting Luffy, during the age of Roger.

Though back then his name would have been overshadowed by that of his captain's.

Shanks was like 10 during the age of Roger

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-12-22/eiichiro-oda-sanji-will-return-in-2016/.96832 We're getting Sanji's origin story.

Taking bets on World Noble now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Oh, so Sanji's working for Big Mom now? Poor dude, always being bossed on by ugly women and okama.

I'm thinking he escaped and she kidnapped the poo poo out of him.

I really wonder where Caesar's going to go, having an actually evil person hanging out with the crew for a while is kind of cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

After everything else that happened, including a sucker knifing from his own crew member. It's just not that impressive after all that.

He gets his big power-up with Whitebeard's fruit and talks a lot of poo poo about how great he is, then Shank's crew shows up and he fucks off like a bitch. He a buster.

A fight with Shanks then and there could well have ended up with Blackbeard facing not just him, but the really, really pissed off remnants of Whitebeard's crew and the entirety of the World Government, who are now pretty pissed off themselves that he played them.

It was a good deal smarter to break off then and fight some cleaner battles later than risk fighting half of the strongest people in the world at once, especially after Whitebeard just kicked his poo poo in.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The real cause of Roger's death was concussion's haki

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The Rescue Sanji arc is a loving go.

Capone just went from being a non-entity to me to being an awesome character, I hope he gets a fight sometime in the future

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm calling it now, Pudding's going to turn out to be super attractive and actually a good thing for Sanji. And, in a first for him, he'll turn down/postpone it so he can keep on going with the Straw Hats until they reach Raftel.

Death Bot posted:

eagerly awaiting the fetish fetish man

thats oda

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Will the crew ride in on an airship and grind diwn cables to stop Sanjis marriage that he reluctantly entered into to save his friends?

They'll grind down Luffy's outstretched arm, does that work

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Sanji's getting cool again

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
...Holy poo poo, this arc really will be ending fast.

Did anybody expect that?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I like Usopp doing his 'Kilroy was here' impression.

Was that from Punk Hazard?

That's the only time Smoker's been around so it would have to be.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JohnnyCocksville posted:

It just occurred to me that for not being able to swim being the only weakness of a devil fruit, it's only been a plot device with Buggy being mad and Luffy vs Arlong.

Don't forget with Smoker being completely helpless until Luffy asked (Sanji? Zoro?) to save him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Whitebeard and his allies still attacked Navy HQ and gave no fucks. Maybe Kaidou would want to attack to start the biggest war in history like he wants to? Dunno, just throwing out speculation.

Either way, I freaking love the "the world is turning!?" political development segments in One Piece. It's cool going from the micro-myopic view of the Straw Hats crew then shifting to the macro-view of these parts, like with the Elder Stars and Marine HQ meetings.

Still waiting on Green Bull to make his debut. I keep imagining a taller, thinner guy or smaller, bulkier guy in contrast to Fujitora. He's probably going to be another Japanese celebrity parody too. Maybe a reference to a famous Japanese boxer or wrestler?

Aren't the other 4 actors?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Je suis fatigue posted:

The revolutionaries left to gently caress up the reverie well before Blackbeard's crew made it there, and Blackbeard takes credit for wrecking the place for some sort of WG favor as he is prone to do.

There is no way he doesn't know how much the WG would love to just murder him at this point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

I just kind of figured he'd turn the area around him into rubber, isn't that sort of what Doflamingo's did (but with string buildings)?

No, Doflamingo's was command over String Theory

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

brainSnakes posted:

I think i'm in agreement with whoever it was that said Germa 66 feels like it's shaping up to usurp big mum for this plots ultimate antagonist. Just, something about that last panel with Nonji staring down at the straw hats.

I've just got this bad feeling they're gonna board, everyone gets all excited and mistakes it for Sanji escaping on his own, then Nonji sucker punches Nami or something, just to drive home the point of how different a breed this curly browed douche is from our regular curly browed douche.

Big Mom's gonna get really buddy buddy with Nami for saving her daughter and try to cancel the wedding and the Germas will have none of it

E: Wait did Nami save Lola again? Or was it the other way around?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Big Mam wasn't actually making people into food, just robbing people blind, yeah?

Last page was throwing me off so I'm not 100% sure

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She's been shown eating people before and they were singing about jam made of human blood. I'd say her making people into food is fairly likely.

Oh Big Mam tots eats people, I'm not debating that, just that from what I read in the chapter all I saw was people in different food lands being murdered for their produce. The jam being made from human blood thing could also just be code for "Big Mam is really loving metal and this is going to get ugly" too.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 27, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

anime was right posted:

yes the guy who murders children for science, total strawhat material

Honestly it'd be pretty neat if after all the hints dropped about different people it turned out to be the guy who started off doing horrible poo poo and never wanted to be with the Straw Hats, slowly turning around through exposure to them.

E: the story would probably be over for the length of time it would take for him to actually make the switch convincingly, though, Vegeta took almost the entire series from his appearance to switch and he got an enormous amount of focus compared to Caesar. It's probably not happening

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

Caesar wouldn't know about Carrot and Pedro, who exactly from the Strawhats would be here, or that Pekoms was involved. That all happened after he and Sanji got taken by Capone.

She probably does have info from Sanji's family though. All the more reason to kick them latter. I am getting a little worried that they're going to try and pull some idiotic double cross and set up an assassination of Pudding though. Sanji's story just isn't black enough yet.

Doesn't this go all the way back to Fishman Island at the very least?