Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Bart's ship is everything I didn't know I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't think Oda will bother filling the ranks of the Shichibukai in this half of the story after the current ones fall.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Crazy theory: The five giants leaving Buggy's crew are literal giants. They're joining up with the giants serving under Luffy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Haha, whoops. I guess I missed that last chapter.

Crazy theory: Buggy is called "Buggy The Clown" as a reference to a harlequin or clown. This is why he has a circus theme.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think Water 7 was the pinnacle of Oda's art for me. Great line-work and he nailed always having the right amount of detail.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Good words.

Companions.
Comrades.
Friends.
Crew.
Family.
Bros.

I feel like this nakama bullshit and swearing is more of your average fan not having a wide-enough vocabulary.

You're not my nakama.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Just kidding, you're all my friendos.

Chums.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I wonder if Vegapunk is going to be revealed in a coincidental manner where he's just randomly in the same place as the straw hats or if he'll be built up.

Regardless, I want Vegapunk to appear and drop some exposition.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sub Harrison posted:

Oda always chooses the worst cliffhangers for his week off.

Like that flashback to ace fighting Blackbeard before he took a four week break. I'm still mad about that.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The non-Pattie guy is Carne.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Weren't the Impel Down guys awakened Zoans though?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Based on Shank's actions at Marineford, I'd wager that he uses his position to maintain some sort of balance between the major forces in the world.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Arlong was pretty cool, for me he was the first villain that I thought could legitimately stand up to Luffy.

I have a soft spot for Pearl because he was one of the goofiest characters in the East Blue saga. Wonder if we'll ever see him again...

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I can't wait till Luffy goes to Big Mom's place and finds Jimbei tied up in her prison or whatever.

"This happens to you a lot, huh."
"People don't like it when I leave."

Jimbei even got chained up during the Fishman Island arc, guess he has a tendency do get himself in sticky chainy situations.

Okay I know that pun doesn't work but the important thing is that I tried.

He has a tendency to get tied up.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The second cookbook is on Raftel. It all makes sense now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Huzzah! posted:

I thought he was a frog.

Frog? No, Hippo.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
for next crew member.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The final crew member is you the reader. Or the closest approximation in the one piece universe, Bartholomeo.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Has Brook met Dragon? He says "a picture doesn't do his presence justice".

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

AradoBalanga posted:

It was probably some grand plan by Oda to set something up down the road. What that plan is, we'll just have to see.

The plan definitely has something to do with the fact that he used up all the provisions on the Thousand Sunny.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Have there been any snakenecks in the series since they were mentioned on the Slave selling list way back on Sabaody?

There was one in this chapter with their back turned to the audience.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I wonder how strong that fat guy with a gun that straight up murked that no name pirate back in chapter 1.

Lucky Roux?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DizzyBum posted:

Until some newbie twink comes along and stomps your rear end, having powerleveled in their starter city for years.

They didn't power level, some high level character snuck in and gave them a stupid rubber devil fruit.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sub Harrison posted:

I've been thinking of getting those Omnibuses at some point. I bought 1-13 as a kid until I realized they were all online and 400 chapters past the English releases at the time. Would love to read SBS sections again and not have a dog-poo poo translations for Alabasta.

The individual volumes are nicer and if you buy the big boxed releases of them they're about the same in price as the omnibuses.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sub Harrison posted:

I'm hoping the final Blackbeard punch is a throwback to chapter 2 when Luffy punched out the seaking, kinda like romance dawn for the new world's cover was for chapter 1.

That was in chapter 1.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I hope Vegapunk is a good guy and just absolutely shocked about how his inventions are misused.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

yo did anyone notice this chapter felt a lot less busy? like, it felt like oda slowed down his pacing slightly (in a good way), and uses empty space like he used to.

Agreed. It was very easy to follow, as opposed to a lot of Dressrosa.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

verbal enema posted:

In an effort to watch all of One Piece before the year ends

You spelled read wrong.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
What if Pudding's personality changes when her third eye is exposed? Oda loves Dragon Ball, I think he'd definitely put a character like Launch/Lunch in at some point.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's a good thing that one piece is still great and cool. Oda is definitely ending it on his own terms in a decade or so.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Thanks for making me look at that garbage.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Big Mom feels like the most legitimate threat as of yet in the New World.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mabels big day posted:

I've finished the Baroqueworks arc in the anime and I've decided to read the manga. not saying the anime was bad or anything but i think it would be faster to read it lol

I've never understood the anime vs manga debate. The manga is the author's original vision, the manga is a product.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
One Piece is good and cool and I am glad we are all comrades on this journey.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Keikaku means plan.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This cook fucks.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

My local theater this year so far is showing/has shown One Piece Gold, Sailor Moon R, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sword Art Online, Ghost in the Shell (as part of a year-long cult classic series), and every Ghibli movie leading up to The Red Turtle (again, as part of a program)

Sounds like a cool theater.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Please nakama, call it a bento box.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
One Piece has great character design and incredibly memorable characters.

I'm excited to see any recurring character, even some chump rear end like Wapol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

I like how the villain from four years ago is still hanging around because we don't know what to do with this fuckin' rear end in a top hat.

I'm surprised that Caesar isn't with them at Bege's. I'd like to see him and Gastino interact.