Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

Oda's a great loving writer really, that's most of what makes one piece so drat good the guy can just write really loving well when it comes down to it

Luffy and crew's goals have been exactly the same since the story started: have big parties and beat up every wacky rear end in a top hat they encounter. 10 years ago I thought clown pirates was cool, now I think an emotionally traumatized yet honorable pervert is funny. It's the consistency I respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I wonder how you lock up someone with conquerer's haki? I feel bad for the level 6 employees.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'd lose my mind if this wanted poster gag was to protect Sanji.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm really against the theory that Blackbeard can take 2 fruits because of his 'atypical body'. I'm sure it's just referring to his fruit ability cause it's meta as gently caress to have your abilty to be take away all other abilities.

And maybe stealing a 2nd fruit power is Blackbeard's fruit's awakening???

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 29, 2015

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Gyges posted:

Is that a Moray Eeel that slides out to reveal toilet paper?

That is the coolest loving toilet that any boy could ever dream of.

Your toilet isn't underwater themed?? Who'd want to go take a boring poo poo like that?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Man, Mohji got fat.

And I can't wait for Luffy to be backed up by Buggy's crew.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Shugojin posted:

It's been forever since I read Skypiea but I remember thinking the snake was totally rad.

Tsulalalalalalalalalalala

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Maybe there's a crazy reason for devil fruits existing that only the world nobles/void history know. Maybe the D. stands for devil because the D. clan created them???

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

At long last THE BEPO ARC.

And great work on pacing this time.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Nah I doubt there's any devil fruit hijinks, I think it's just an island full of animals.

The one mystery surounding the strawhats for the last 3 years is the significance of momonosuke. I bet noone realizes momo is that dragon, and they captured sanji to make him reveal where momo is. Even the world government is after him based on the only alive thing. Maybe jack knew the samurai were headed for zou and attacked to capture momo himself?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Professor Wayne posted:

Sanji is dead. You know it's for real because we didn't see it happen in real time. Characters can only die in flashbacks.

hosed up if true

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Mistaking brooke for a corpse is my favorite plot device.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

A nice kick in the nuts for finding his childhood dream.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Oda always chooses the worst cliffhangers for his week off.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Atleast Sanji's finally getting an arc, right?

Here's my longshot: Sanji for some cool reason stowed away on Jack's boat. The rumors were they were unsuccessful in taking on the marines convoy but that's actually a lie. Jack was able to capture doflomingo and is taking him somewhere (
To kaido?). Sanji either spoke with the Marines or was recognized as blackleg sanji during the raid and now the marines are after sanji to learn where they took doffy, hence the only alive poster.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

oilatsnep posted:

Wouldn't it be simpler and more likely that he's with this second other group we haven't met yet on Zhou, the King of Dusk or whatever?

Nah cause that wouldnt explain why the navy wants him only alive, or why oda bothered to draw Jack's "failed" attack.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

When they travel to the next island I hope they travel on the elephant.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Captain Morgan becomes Jack Daniels.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

We've already seen a giraffe's neck almost slicing Zoro in half. I'm sure his half-form will be a trunk sword of some sorts.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Luffy could still be seen as a bad influence since he's passing a mini pistol to the cat on his head.

(And I just noticed Brook's smoke is also going out his eye sockets :yohoho:)

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Still waiting for Buggy and Ceasar to fight for the clown title.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It turns out Sanji lost his memory and didn't know he was also a world noble!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I never felt the need to extend every Strawhat backstory. Sanji was a cook apprentice and trained by an S-tier Grand Line pirate. That's all we need to know.

What's next? Franky was Vegapunk's son before losing his memory and washing ashore water 7?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The strawhats actually have had new outfits for every arc since the timeskip. I guess 2 years off gave them time to go shopping.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Can't wait for Sanji to show up to Zou after this flashback, only to start ANOTHER flashback of how the Sanji-Ceasar-Pekoms dream team escaped Capone's castle.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I wonder how this marriage affects the world government and the reverie...

And I hope Sanji's family is related to that castle in Law and Norland's flashbacks.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It's gotta be more important than a strawhat/big mom alliance though. The world government want sanji alive. There must be a big political impact, like the rights to an ancient weapon

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

God forbid another amnesia plot twist.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

More importantly this chapter, the 300M bounty Pekoms is still on Zou ready for some revenge against Capone. Turtle lion for 10th crew member, atleast until Jinbei shows up aagain at this tea party.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Sanji is the true King of the North and his ancestors killed Norland.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I think the reverie is going to be a big anti-strawhat commitee where all our Kingly friends of the last 2 decades break away from the world government. World goes into huge war, blackbeard makes a speech, Luffy awakens turns the entire redline into rubber, Raftel is actually the moon and the final boss is Enel's robot army.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Was that drawn by Oda?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I like how Luffy keeps slamming his fist down on the croc's head.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Maybe haki users are expensive to train and the 7 styles technique is more cost efficient.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Crazyeyes posted:

Yeah Shanks' haki is regarded as incredibly, over the top powerful. It's implied that this is why he is a Yonku despite having a comparatively small crew (only Yonku seen without an entire armada, in fact) and no insane devil fruit shenanigans. I don't even think any of his crew have demonstrated fruit powers.

Shanks has perhaps the strongest haki in the OP world, or at least the strongest yet shown.

When did they say Shanks didn't have an Armada?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Well the friendship between the samurai and the minkmen would lead Jack there to ask them where the hell raizou is.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Asimo posted:

Between One Piece, My Hero Academia, and Onepunch Man there's basically no reason not to just get a Jump subscription. It's like what, $15 a year? All you have to do is wait a few days and you get professional translation that don't have lovely scans and cleanup jobs.

15 bucks a year for all of one piece?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Im the same way; can't get into the movies. It feels too wierd to watch a one piece arc in 90 mins rather than over a couple years.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Luffy still managed to punch out a Sea King setting out from Foosha (Fuschia?) Village as a babby newbie.

To be fair Luffy was a grand-line tier captain all throughout the East Blue arcs. Hos enemies only put up a fight cause luffy kept getting thrown in cages, water hazards, logias and hypnotism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Holy poo poo the One Piece treasure hunt begins (only took 20 years). Only fitting it's revealed by reading that poneglyph of a translation.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 3, 2016