Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I figured Shiryu would just get Jozu's Diamond Diamond Fruit so that Zoro can finally surpass Mihawk by cutting diamonds.

Instead Zoro will surpass Mihawk by cutting invisible diamonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's been far too much drama over what's waiting on Raftel that it really has to be more than a note Roger left saying "friendship is good :D".

The Rio Poneglyph, certainly, and also probably something very important to Roger personally.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All the super important Poneglyphs are in the New World anyway, where Five Guys had no lasting power until recently.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look at this sword. I smelted the ore myself, I folded it a thousand times, polished and whet it to a beautiful and sharp finish, but do people call me Oden the Sword Maker? No.

You see this kimono? I farmed the silk worms myself, spun the silk masterfully, and made a perfectly fitted and magnificent outfit, but do people call me Oden the Tailor? No.

Now, drink this sake. I spent years growing the right kind of rice, spent months figuring out the best way to ferment it, and even made the bottle myself, but do people call me Oden the Brewer? No.

See, you can do all these masterful things for years and years, but if you gently caress one pig...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oden looks like John Belushi as a samurai.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

notwithyourheart posted:

i get why they need to hide their daughters and wives from oden but why also the livestock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_59ddIpxOY

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zeff was infamous and badass and Sanji's dad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've always liked Buggy seems to give no shits about the One Piece.

Truly, Captain Buggy is so good and pure that his heart has no room for greed.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Silver2195 posted:

Come to think of it, it’s weird that the WG didn’t ask Buggy to tell them everything he knew about One Piece and Laugh Tale when he became a Warlord. Or maybe they did ask and he either had no useful information or lied.
The Elder Stars probably know or at least have suspicions about what One Piece is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sub Harrison posted:

This is going to be the most interesting flashback imo cause we'll finally meet Roger for more than 1 panel.

Didn't Garp's and Whitebeard's flashbacks during the war give us Roger having a real conversation?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Robin is obviously a teacher and when can Jinbe be in the High School AU?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Moria at least set up the venus fly trap that was Thriller Bark.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kong: Well, Sengoku, I made it. Despite your directions.
Sengoku: Superintendent Kong, welcome! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon!
Kong: Mrmmmm...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tsuru: SENGOKU, MARINEFORD'S ON FIRE!
Sengoku: No, Tsuru, it's just One Piece.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should've offered Luffy a Warlord job for the simple fact that the kid comes with his own animal theme.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Can Dragon turn into a dragon made of wind or would that be infringing on Kaidou's aesthetic.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Elbaf, Ym, Raftel, and the Blackbeards vs. Strawhats final battles are the only set in stone points and honestly I think the final battles are going to be two and a half years on their own.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oden Piece.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Luffy's going to save the world not out of principle but because Blackbeard was a big jerk to him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dragon will give Luffy a big monologue about why he started the Revolutionaries and about the changes he wants to make in the world. Luffy will give exactly zero fucks until Dragon mentions that Robin backs his plans, at which point Luffy will help as much as he can (by beating up people.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's like a 50/50 chance that when Oda writes it in English in the manga it's going to be "Raftel" again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Laugh Tale is more sensible than "Shiliew", that's for sure.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blackbeard will get to Raftel first and then the final arc will be Luffy and the Strawhats beating Teach and his crew's asses for the title while the big final war rages.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

10,000 word essay about why Ain't isn't a word by Big Mom.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Roger's crew didn't blab about the True History because they all had a massive and bitter argument about the tense of one verb on the Rio Poneglyph.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Supersonic Shine posted:

One of his minions is going to eat the Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Parrot and sit on his shoulder.

Honestly Lafitte may already have that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where were you when Whitebeard bodyslammed Oars Jr at Wrestlemania III brother?????????

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Buggy is the Mr. Satan of One Piece who will make the most important contribution to defeating Blackbeard.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CodfishCartographer posted:

Why is Buggy like this?

Captain Buggy: we live in a society

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's probably rumors and stories that have been quietly passed around since the Void Century about the Weapons that Crocodile caught wind of.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My view is that there is some genuinely dangerous and bad poo poo that went down in the Void Century and that the Elder Stars are hell-bent on keeping said dangerous and bad poo poo lost and will do anything to keep it that way.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

scary ghost dog posted:

hell it probably was shanks telling the story, and the story was about blackbeard

Shanks actually told Luffy everything about Blackbeard and how he has to be stopped but Luffy didn't care and forgot about it twenty minutes later.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Luffy basically grew up in a bar before Garp shipped him to Dadan (even then the boys seemed to hang out at Makino's place pretty regularly.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Didn't we see a nun during Marineford praying for the Marines' success.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's been over 20 years, how the gently caress did Oda never clarify before this.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

doomrider7 posted:

Scopper Gaban. He's the Third in Command behind Rayleigh and Roger.

Gold Roger

Silver Rayleigh

Scopper Gaban

Legit curious as to what became of him since he's the only major player we've yet to see what became of.

There was that cover story with Crocus meeting with someone....

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goku was the son of a brilliant scientist.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

rannum posted:

Luffy is the son of a very powerful revolutionary and the grandson of one of the strongest marines ever and was sworn brothers with the son of the most legendary pirate ever
He also may or may not be related to Goa's royalty depending on how some theories about the king who's face we never saw pan out.

Bleck posted:

I used to have theories about this that I wished were not true, and then they showed like Early 20s Garp and I was like phew okay definitely not

I wonder what Dragon looked like when he was Luffy's age.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bartholomew Kuma should be translated as Bisoromi Bear, thank you for coming to my sermon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

OOOOOH YEAH IT'S THE BIG MAM