Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
And in one chapter, I am won back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't wait to see Captain Jacks' devastating attack, The Military Step

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

His favorite Devil Fruit was invisibility because he wanted to peep on women much like Noted Awful Villain Absalom

He openly asked how much a slave girl would cost in Sabaody

He's been at this for a while

like Sanji's whole thing was being a super gentleman but I guess oda decided being a sleaze was funnier?

now he's a scumbag version of brock from pokemon but more annoying and with less relevance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

nami gets turned into a little girl and sanji fantasizes about watching her grow up with hearts in his eyes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that's totally the guy who was drinking with crocus back during the post-timeskip cover arc

e: no I'm full of poo poo that guy was tiny

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
minkmen were on the slave price list way back in saboady too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Darth Walrus posted:

I'd be surprised if that's Lola - she was a pretty decent, moral sort despite her eccentricities. Maybe a relative?

I think that's the implication, especially since Lola mentioned her mother offhandedly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

This is what a mink looks like:

A lot of you seemed to be having trouble with this, hope I helped

the one minkman we've seen for sure though was sheep themed

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh, they do have Kaido's mark on them

I'm super dumb!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

finally his time has come

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
whoa advice what the gently caress you got against longlegs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't see arlong in that hat without thinking he's dressed like jack nicholson's joker

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Even pre-Dressarosa the breaks were pretty often. Sure he was legendary for his consistency like six years ago, before getting married and having a kid.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The problem with the one piece anime is that the voice actors are amazing, talented people and everyone else that works on the show is awful

Pretty much all the fun bits the anime adds were ad-libbed by tanaka and co.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

yeah i really wish doffy had a swordsman or something that zoro could fight, and maybe even a cool power to go along with it. haha, that would have been loving cool... oh well

narrow this down to "I wish doffy had a cool [x]" and it sums up how I feel about the latter half of dressarosa

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mulderman posted:

Law had a fight scene where he used his own cut off arm to spring into action and cut up one of Doflamingo's top men.
Dude is pretty drat legit.

I think the issue is less Law being legit and more that he's an entirely straight-faced Standard Shonen Cool Guy character who has eaten up a lot of panel time the last two arcs and it feels a bit like its directly pandering to the audience

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
good chapter but the gorilla having an afro and being named black back is not great

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if they don't explain the sanji thing next chapter this is going to have drifted from funny to kind of annoying

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Year of Sanji

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

KoB posted:

I know we defeated literally 100000 fishmen but we're now surrounded by like 10 dudes better just give up.

Yeah I have to say this is how I feel as well. A bunch of characters standing around and talking about how desperate the situation is without an actual feeling for that being true.

good to see chopper and nami have finally completed their transition from important characters to an actual liability too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I imagine Chopper's awakening would be an amalgamation of all his forms, which would be pretty brutal.

I wonder if he'll be given a power up in Zou, considering the people he's around. Maybe they can teach him something, despite not being a mink.

If this happens I'm gonna take back some of the bad things I've said about new world one piece

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

JosephWongKS posted:

It's not gonna be Dogtooth's Observation Haki / prediction abilities, or Big Mom's and her children's power, or Caesar Clown's and Bege's inevitable backstabbing, that fucks it up for the Straw Hats, isn't it? It's gonna be Sanji's lechery.

I will be super disappointed if this is actually the case and it'll undo a lot of the work Oda's been putting into Sanji this arc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is the best thing anyone has ever posted in this thread

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That's more effort than anything Toei have made these past few years; as of this week they have discovered a new trick to not having to make new anime openings, which is to change some of the clips in the current opening and call it a day.

The second opening for Dressrosa lasted for well over a hundred episodes; can Toei do it again? Did they in fact put Kaidou in the opening because they intend to stretch it out until Wano? The smart money is on 'yes' 'stop watching the loving anime'.

I'm sure all zero people watching the anime in this thread will take this to heart

also that's not a new trick? shows have been doing that for years?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
BALLER rear end DODGES

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
severely tempted to make that last panel my new avatar

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Not everyone has the same body type

well except for the women

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
anyway I honestly pulled the chute about 3/4ths (I guess?) through dressarosa because I was bored and didn't care about anything or anyone and realized I was only reading the manga because it was one piece

it was a bad arc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

Which is more disappointing: Fishman Island or Dressrosa?

fishman island totally after all that build up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's reverse mountain with more foreshadowing (due to what was about to happen), so people attributed a shitload more meaning to the location than was ever intended for it and got upset when it turned out to just be the gateway to bigger poo poo that it was always meant to be.

Arc had a couple of issues but was largely fun.

there's also the fact that oda talked about the arc outside of the manga and specifically heralded it as the halfway point years in advance

and then it just ends up being this really basic fantasy racism story with a super nothing villain who goes down like a chump

it honestly wouldn't have stuck out to me as much without oda talking it up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gyges posted:

I wouldn't say either was disappointing, just more flawed than other arcs.

How can you be disappointed by Senior Pink v Franky? Or Fishman Island's most interesting motivation of all the villains in One Piece?

I can still be overall disappointed in an arc that otherwise has cool things (though I'll strongly disagree as to the Fishman Island villains motivation being interesting)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sub Harrison posted:

loving breaks man. Arc is good tho so I'll forgive our chain-smoking mangaka.

it's golden week my dude everyone has it off

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

Wow, this game is fun! And surprisingly runs perfectly on my low-end laptop!

The PC version is based on the PS3 version of the game so yeah it runs on pretty much anything

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Roger left all his fucks in one piece

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TriffTshngo posted:

I'll be honest, when Bege was introduced on Sabaody he came across as the least likeable of the Supernovas, but as the old saying goes, Oda did it again.

beige is a dirtbag but he's a cool dirtbag

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
someone's probably beaten me to this by now but beige actually being a good guy makes so much sense considering that whole cake arc - much like the fast and the furious franchise - is about family

both our primary antagonists, judge and mama, are parents but are completely monstrous and awful parents in their own way. judge sees his kids as extensions of himself, as people he can mold - literally - into carrying his warped world view forward. mama is arguably even worse, having so many kids and husbands but treating them all as disposable tools, only to be shown twisted affection when they've sufficiently pleased her insane whims.

beige, on the other hand, is ultimately on the straw hats sides and redeemable because he's a genuine family man, both with his mobster crew and his really ugly family. so while he may be a lot eviler than straw hat allies tend to run, he's ultimately on the side of the heroes because his family's an example of a "good" one, just like the straw hats themselves are.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 2, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

I guess you forgot his introduction. He forked his son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3kNzao7M0s

look

in beige's defense it wasn't IN THE loving EYE in the manga

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was sold

please help me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cuchulain posted:

Note to anyone using Manga Stream my antivirus went nuts while reading the chapter today.

I expected better from you, Manga Stream. That's some Manga Panda shenanigans. :(

Also the page with Sanji standing on that table might be my favorite thing in the whole comic.

this happened to me while reading Dr. Stone, seems like clicking the page will sometimes randomly redirect you to a fake site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Last Celebration posted:

Not that that wasn't an ownage chapter, but the end feels like peak Bad D. Og.

there's absolutely no justification that will make big mom sympathetic and I really hope oda isn't going to try

I feel like he already whiffed that hard on doflamingo