Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Holy poo poo the Barto clubs ship. :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Kild posted:

He also has Senior Pink in that list who has the swim fruit.

I'm incredibly sad he wasn't on the Yonta Maria. He got a flashback, so I'm hoping he turns up again as an ally.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Coby is going to get absolutely wrecked by the Blackbeard pirates, isn't he?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I'm pretty sure the devil fruits are man made, otherwise how do you explain the Hobby-Hobby fruit? The devil fruits, the Will of D, the Void Century, and the Ancient Weapons are all probably tied to the island the Celestial Dragons destroyed, before they formed the World Government.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Unfortunately, Jack and Drake are fighting on the same side.

I'm still holding out hope that Drake is a marine working undercover. He never went rogue, he's a sleeping dogt-rex working to undermine Kaido.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Does anyone actually want Jinbei as the final crew member at this point, considering all the other much more interesting potential candidates?

He's a good straight man, he's an expert helmsman, and he comes up with strategy names. As we've seen with Operation SOP, strategy names are very important. He'd be a critical addition to the crew.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

AradoBalanga posted:

It is indeed.

As for the chapter, I do have to wonder why Jack would revert back to human after getting a beatdown, and still look confident? Thrilled?

I smell Haki shenanigans approaching at ludicrous speed.

He looked incredibly unfazed by that entire 'beatdown'. I doubt he's even remotely injured.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

RC Cola posted:

So how is Blackbeard able to have two fruits again? Is it because he's fat or something?

Unknown, but I think it's due to his devil fruit. It can nullify devil fruit powers, so why not the drawbacks as well?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
So the awakened String-String fruit allows Mingo to make strings out of the ground. What if Gear Fifth involves Luffy making the terrain into a giant bounce house?

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's a trope in Kabuki theater for the hero/protagonist to speak in an absurdly drawn-out, emphatic, and overly dramatic tone as well as exaggerated physical features like bouncing on one foot, fierce face and hand gestures, face paint, etc. This is in stark contrast to the minimalism of Noh theater. :eng101:

Plus Oda is a massive Kabuki nerd and makes references to it whenever he can.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Whatever happened to Smiley's fruit, anyway?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I'm pretty sure when Smiley "died" a fruit in a nearby cart transformed into what I assume is its fruit, but I might be misremembering

Pretty much, but I was wondering what happened to the fruit after that. We haven't seen the Axolotl fruit since Smiley died, have we? Surely it's not still in that cart.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

If Kaido wanted to go all-out against Big Mom, he'd probably have already done it. It seems unlikely that he's dumb enough to be able to be tricked into crashing her party.

Dumb enough? No. Once he finds out Luffy disrupted his SMILE production though, and to that extent disrupted the source of strength for his underlings, he'll probably be pissed enough. The thing Kaido was screaming about was that he wanted Mango to give him more SMILE, so he'd have the strength to start a massive war.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

GoldenPrice posted:

Is Momonosuke the heir to the family that rules Wano, or just to some very important family there?

Probably just an important family. Momonosuke 'playing Shogun' in one of the earlier chapters makes me think Wano has a Shogun, and Daimyo were Shogunate vassals.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
That Zoro bust is neat, but can it charge a phone?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

dordreff posted:

Elbaf has been talked about since Little Garden, there's no way it's just going to be blown off in a few chapters like Zou or Long Ring Long Land.

I imagine Elbaf will involve the new Giant Warrior Pirates group Hajrudin is forming. Hell, we'll probably even see Dorry, Brogy, Oimo and Kashi again at that point as well.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Crazyeyes posted:

Didn't Drake attack Scotch, one of Kaidou's lieutenants, on that snowy island, though?

I think it was only to prove his strength and get in good with Kaidou, but then again I'm still working the "undercover dinosaur cop" angle.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I'm so excited for the pending adventures of Pekoms and Friends.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Jinbe needs to join the crew. Who else is going to come up with strategy names?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also who remembers Stelly.

Can't wait until he gets punched in the face by Sabo.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Millions posted:

Did I miss something?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Captain Invictus posted:

Chopper and Nami only had silver coins in that set, I believe. I'm sure being put a tier under jinbei would be ag-onizing for them

Nah, Chopper and Nami are in gold as well.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Niddhogg posted:

What's the name "killer" have to do with it?

Someone here mentioned that the San in Sanji could mean three, as in third son. That could mean his brothers names are Ichiji and Niji. If Killer is his brother, and if he's the first born, then... Ichi the Killer.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 22, 2016

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

anime was right posted:

oh my god what if he cooks for big mom

Big Mom joins the Straw Hat Armada.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

TheKingofSprings posted:

Big Mom's gonna get really buddy buddy with Nami for saving her daughter and try to cancel the wedding and the Germas will have none of it

E: Wait did Nami save Lola again? Or was it the other way around?

Nami and shadow Lola helped each other out and became friends, and that carried over once Lola was reunited with her shadow. The Straw Hats also saved Lola's shadow, so I hope she shows up this arc.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

dordreff posted:

The sister calling herself "poison pink" and them being full of technology makes me completely convinced the Vinsmokes are a sentai team and will have a giant combining robot.

No way that's going to happen without Franky.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Huh, so that's what an evil Disneyland would look like.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I like how people are calling Germa 66 good guys after Ichiji used one of his subordinates as a human shield.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

tsob posted:

I thought he just wanted to achieve rank and live a comfortable life like his daddy, without the whole corruption and rear end in a top hat thing?

Episode 68 of the anime involves that cover arc and it's really good. You should rewatch it.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Crazyeyes posted:

Was it ever said that Shanks was this monolithic figure back when he gave Luffy the hat? He could have become famous afterwards.

It was never explicitly stated if Shanks was a Yonkou back then, but I doubt it. I think he was just a rookie during his time at Foosha Village, on par with someone like Arlong. I'm guessing he'd be known to the pirate community thanks to his time aboard the Oro Jackson, but still relatively unknown to the WG and the general public. He lost his arm simply because he wasn't strong or fast enough to both fight and save Luffy at the same time.

After picking up Yasopp, he spent the better part of a year in Luffy's hometown using it as a base. That means he could have spent several years loafing around East Blue, and why would the World Government let someone as crazy strong and notorious as current-Shanks just wander around in the weakest sea? Back then he could have been relatively obscure enough to wander around without attracting too much attention, and still easily deal with the Marines that went after him. I mean, Nezumi and Morgan were both captains, so how strong can East Blue Marines really be?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
It looks like she's holding Nitro, that weird jelly thing from Cacao Island. Is that Pudding? Did she stow away?

Edit: Nevermind, that's just a gauntlet. I'm still not sure that's Nami tho.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 24, 2016

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

anime was right posted:

when one piece is done they should just have another studio do it from the beginning with zero filler

Except for G8. That arc should stay.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Grouchio posted:

Somehow, after 8 years of dedicated fandom towards One Piece....I think it's just not fun anymore. It feels like it's become a parody of itself, ESPECIALLY with regards to the Anime. Especially in comparison to...say...My Hero Academia.

You're probably just experiencing a burnout, so a break might be in order. Come back to the series once the crew gets to Wano.

Also, there's no way Pekoms just got offed by a chump like Capone like that. How will he join the crew otherwise?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
So can we just take a moment to discuss Franky's awesome shirt?

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Also his fight with Lao G was one of the best fights of the arc.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I didn't know Oda watched That Mitchell and Webb Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2NP4WZJ-mI

Also, Certain Island should have its own One Piece Wiki page by now. That place seems to get mentioned a lot.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I always figured Blackbeard wanted the Dark Dark fruit so bad because it nullified devil fruit powers, and presumably this means the drawbacks as well. He uses the properties of the fruit to 'suck' the powers out of other people and absorbs them. He can wield more than one because he's not technically eating multiple fruits.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

Sub Harrison posted:

I really think Blackbeard's gonna show up this arc. It doesn't seem right for Luffy to take out Big Mom without his full crew, but I also don't see a Big Mom rematch after the strawhats take out Kaidou. I think they'll escape with their poneglyph print while Blackbeard shows up and finishes the mess Luffy's started.

Then Luffy bodies Kaidou, Blackbeard takes Shanks prisoner or something stupid, and the 2 of them + marines and revolutionaries have a sea battle racing to raftel

I'm honestly expecting Kaido to crash the party, and that + Nami having Lola's Vivi card will force Big Mom to ally with the Straw Hats.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 12, 2016

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
Big Mom strikes me as having the bulk of her power be in information and manipulation instead of raw strength, with a handful of elite enforcers to back her up. That's sort of why I'm thinking the Straw Hats won't beat her in a conventional manner, like through fighting. I also don't think Kaidou is just going to sit idly by and let Luffy work his way through a typical Shōnen arc, considering how important the SMILE business was to him. If he just drops in (probably literally) and starts fighting with both, that might force Big Mom to make a deal with Luffy since she's currently down two of her strongest enforcers.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

tsob posted:

People thought that Doflamingo was more of a manipulator than a fighter too. He was both. And so will Big Mam/Mom be, because this is shonen and having an enemy beaten by taking down their resources without a big punch up doesn't fit the bill and comes off as anti-climactic. She's already shown herself fairly monstrously strong when she went on a rampage, so any suggestion she's more of a manipulater and doesn't have raw strength is just ignoring evidence and reality.

Also, I take it there's no One Piece this week?

When I said that Big Mom was more of a manipulator than a fighter, I meant when compared to her peers. She's monstrously strong of course, but there's no way she could take Kaidou in a straight up 1v1 brawl. So, I don't think she's going to be 'beaten' in the traditional sense in this arc if he decides to crash the party.

Instead, I was thinking that the arc is going to progress along the usual lines, and then Kaidou is just going to drop in and gently caress everything up. Being confronted with both another Yonkou and the most notorious rookie in the Worst Generation at the same time, while simultaneously being down two of her strongest lieutenants, might force Big Mom to strike a deal. Nami with Lolas vivi card and 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' mentality could incline her to join forces with the Straw Hats instead of fighting a battle on two fronts. Considering what we've seen of Kaidou and his subordinates, invading Big Moms territory just to get to Luffy is something he'd probably do.

This is just complete speculation of course, and if Kaidou doesn't show up at all then it all gets thrown out the window. I just have a feeling he isn't going to sit this arc out quietly considering how much Luffy pissed him off. I mean, Luffy wrecked his dream of having an all SMILE crew and ruined his plan of starting a massive war. If that doesn't send him into a blind rage and get him chasing after Luffy regardless of the consequences, I don't know what will. If he doesn't then no big deal, we're still gonna get a great arc out of it.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 14, 2016