Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I personally enjoy the theory that Kizaru only seems slow because he has to slow himself waaaay down to talk like a normal human and he just unintentionally takes it too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Thought that Shanks was the only Yonko who can stand toe to toe with Admirals, if that's the case Enel doesn't stand a chance against any of them.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Yeah I think I misinterpreted some translated extras:

https://thelibraryofohara.com/2019/01/23/new-information-regarding-the-bounties-of-the-yonko-news-roundup/

What it says is that Shanks, despite not having a devil fruit, can still fight at the Admiral level - and that his bounty is the highest of the living Yonko. Although the wording of that does seem to imply that Yonko and Admirals are very nearly on the same level. Clearly this was published post Whitebeard so it doesn't have to factor how strong he was into it.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Crazy to think Queen's bounty is 153 million more than Katakuri's and King's is likely even higher.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Ryaomon posted:

wow one saibnaman is as strong as raditz thats crazy

I just meant that Katakuri having a huge bounty while being second in command makes sense in that Big Mom is his... well mom - they're a crazy strong pirate family. Kaido somehow has two absolutely insanely strong subordinates each of which could presumably crush most shichibukai and be super successful in their own right yet they are loyal to Kaido and happy to play second/third fiddle to him - makes me wonder if there will be any exposition on the matter or if it will just boil down to 'Kaido strongest'

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Kyoshiro has to be related to O-Kiku right? Super tall family of samurai and all

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I vaguely recall someone (Shanks?) saying there was something special about Blackbeard's body. My guess is it's that he was born with two hearts. It's a bit simple for Oda but it also happens to line up with the fact that Blackbeard seems to have a very 'dual' nature, being both a master schemer while retaining a lackadaisical approach to smaller details - being a bit of a wimp while also being a fearsome fighter - being cruel while also seeming to care for his subordinates at times.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Just thought up another recurring One Piece theme that supports my BB has two hearts theory - we've seen how Oda prefers to turn defeated bad guys into allies rather than straight killing them. Defeating BB's darker heart/nature would leave behind the chill dude who cares about dreams and enjoyed pirating around on a literal wooden raft and he could then join forces with Luffy against Imu or whatever threat comes after BB.

Could be that the previous holder of the Ope-Ope fruit grafted the heart of a D clan into BB which would also explain how he's not a 'real' D yet has some characteristics (mega plot twist would be that it's Roger's heart).

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I thought she screamed so hard that the missile exploded midair? Maybe I just misinterpreted that panel. Either way agree with you that amnesiac mom can probably still use haki.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Really hoping that Garp is among whoever arrives at Wano to help out Luffy, wanna see him punch some fools

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
It's unclear whether or not Kaido has appeared in Wano yet but the smokestacks are almost certainly from Orochi stepping up his weapons production

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Crasical posted:

Who's the :D guy with the fiery wings up top?

Marco

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Kaido shot Oden with nanomachines

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Can we really be certain that boiling in hot oil for one hour followed up with a shot to the dome didn't just power Oden up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Ryaomon posted:

As much as I love Carrot over Jinbe her most notable power relies on a full moon being present which is pretty hard to write around without feeling lazy. Maybe she learns to control it, iunno.

Probably qualifies as lazy writing but maybe Chopper's rumble balls could make it happen? They, and frankly Chopper himself, have not been relevant in a long time so having him and Carrot operate as a kind of duo might be fun.

Luffy's crew also needs a jester, praying that Buggy gets chased out of his fleet when they realize he's a scrub and he becomes the lowest ranking member of Luffy's crew like he was on Roger's.