Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'd not really noticed blackbeards flag before. Ate there any theories to go with that? Other than the cerberus DF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Are we on break this week or are the chapters coming out a little later now?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah the last few episodes I've seen were just terrible. Some of the worst pacing I've seen, it's at half a chapter/episode sometimes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah we're getting something like 38 chapters a year.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

dazoner posted:

Here's to hoping team Luffy bumps into Jinbei

I think this is a given. I hope at least, didn't Jinbei say he owed big mom? This would be the perfect opportunity to bring him back, last time we saw him he was floating around in a boat.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is this the off week for the month?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I think Kaidou is when Luffy will be forced by necessity to Awaken his Devil Fruit powers and use it to... I dunno, vibrate the cells of Kaidou's body until he explodes or something. Or maybe make a pseudo Quake-fruit attack with vibrating shockwaves through the air similar to how Luffy emulates Ace's fire powers with his Red Hawk attack.

I just kind of figured he'd turn the area around him into rubber, isn't that sort of what Doflamingo's did (but with string buildings)?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

oddium posted:

i'm hastily reading on my phone at work but it looks like sanji's sister is a monarch butterfly zoan or something maybe

Which goes great with their eyebrow gimmick.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So wait, Does the baker they just met look like Sanji's betrothed? I'd have to look it up again but she seems very similar.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Julias posted:

You're right. Also, Kotaku articles are (generally) awful.

Yeah no kidding. Especially since This has been the release method for at least a year (probably longer?) with 3 weeks on 1 week off. Unless I'm missing something, there is absolutely no reason to JUST NOW think "Oh my god they're going monthly!"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Only if it's the last face he hits after going through his brothers.

Edit: in descending order.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

In reference to the earlier post about post timeskip Blackbeard, we have seen him talking through a den den. That gave us at least an impression of his new beard.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That water color at the end was pretty cool. Nice chapter, glad to see things keep moving along. Although, I am starting to get that itch of wanting to see Sanji unleash foot power on his family.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

Is there a chapter next week, or are we off again?

I think we're back on the regular 3 on 1 off schedule.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Meant to marry white beard and you've really got something.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Haha yeah ryota yamasato. He occasionally name drops oda on the show and it's awesome.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Caramel looks like Jessica Lange.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So what are the theories for luffy's awakened power? Doflamingo turned everything around him into string (right?) and choppers monster form is the awakened zoan right? Will luffy just make his surroundings into a bouncy castle?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Pudding looks like she'll have sort of a lunch from dragon ball type thing going on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

https://twitter.com/mstreamteam/status/910868725380808704

Back to the way things were in the 2000s... So nostalgic...

I kind of forgot we used to flip when chapters were out "early" on Thursdays.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This seems like a perfect opportunity for Luffy to use his idiot mode like he did with Enel. Part of the problem with dogtooth is he's seeing Luffy's moves before he makes them, right? So just go to stupid mode again and there you have it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

Maybe he'll have an actual beard.

His den den mushi looked like he had a full beard after the time skip.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I really enjoyed log horizon because it went into such detail about things needing to get done in a virtual world.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

tsob posted:

stab wound from Squardo.

Excuse me I believe you mean "power up".

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This may have been covered already but in that haki shot in last chapter you can actually see the two conqueror's haki bubbles meeting in the center.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I believe we are, yes. Golden week is typically a month away yet.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

Addicts never work about their next fix, just their current one.

New thread title?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

My friend is anime only and they just did the big mom flashback. I can't remember, but is it ever clearly stated she ate all those people as a kid? Or just implied?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Isn't ryuma's sword Supreme? Or just ghost sword level?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So the first thing I thought of when Tama talks about ace, this is where ace learned to make Oars Jr's big hat right?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i want fisher tiger’s t-shirt

I think someone in the thread made a few back then. I have one but I don't know where it is.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is it possible ryuuma could be one of the 9?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Cat Machine posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the "feed prisoners poisonous fish to break their spirit" bit is gonna be important to the escape. Since Luffy's immune to the poison, Kaido's goons are essentially helping him out without realising it.

I think it's just for that specific prisoner, I'm a little confused if the fish spitter was kidd or not. If it wasn't kidd, my guess might be the ex warden of impel?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't get it, help.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So Is kawamatsu supposed to be that mystery character in the cover arcs? That wouldn't match up with the time spent in prison but from memory they did look similar.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Don't remember if this was mentioned but attention Nintendo switch owners! Pirate warriors 3 deluxe edition is on sale for 12 loving dollars. Guess I can't ignore the game any longer!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

On a random note I finally started pirate warriors 3 and oh my God why can't all warriors games be like this? Going after coins is crazy addicting I want to 100 every stage before moving on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Huh, well looks like I learned something today!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Do they say anything else beyond that convo? I'm not connecting living in the north with not sleeping. Is it just so dangerous you can't fall asleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The reaction images are the best part of this post.