Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Baal posted:

Wait I lied I dislike Kuja Island and Marineford more than Fishman Island

I thought it wasn't possible to have wrong opinions but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
For the record, I do understand that opinions can't be wrong, but there's this thing called hyperbole I sometimes use. To help our literal-minded friend, I'll translate the conversation.

LMF: I didn't like Marinford.
Me: Tell us what you didn't like about it.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

burntpork posted:

New chapter is out. There are a lot of things to be excited about this week!

Mr. Prince?!

That's gotta be it. All those theories were true.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

lowercase16 posted:

We actually know very little about any of the Strawhats' backstories, aside from a single defining tragedy.

Zoro
Before Flashback - No parents. What happened to them? Was he living in that dojo? Actually, come to think of it, Zoro might have parents. It'd be a great gag later to find out that Zoro has a doting mother and father back home who just want their precious baby boy to be happy.
After Flashback - Zoro had to have some adventures on his own to have already made a name for himself as a bounty hunter. Who did he take down? Mightn't they want revenge?

Zoro might originally be from Water 7 and got lost all the way to East Blue. There's a panel during Franky's flashback that shows a young kid crying in Water 7 that looks suspiciously like Zoro.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Oda said that Luffy's mom had already appeared in the manga, and he even specified a volume. I'm sure the possibilities could be narrowed down to a tight list.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

RatHat posted:

You're gonna have to provide a source for this.

This has some theorizing on it, but the sbs part is at the top right.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I don't know what the original circler's point was, but it was probably something like "Look at the characters Oda consistently draws around Dragon. They're both probably important in some way."

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

NachtSieger posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that there aren't separated Sogeking and Usopp bounties. It was such a fun idea in my head.

Who says there aren't? Sogeking could have just not gotten updated since he's been mia since Enies Lobby.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Maybe someone brought it up, but is it possible that Shiki is the 7th shichibukai? There's a person with his hair grouped with the shichibukai, and he's supposed to be an old timer based on him having a connection with Zephyr, right? And isn't it about time Oda brought him into the story proper?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite panel in the manga.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

One Piece experiment: what happens if Brook's soul leaves his body, then Law puts someone else's spirit in there? Could Brook inhabit that person's spiritless body on his own? Could Brook go back into his own body with the other person's spirit in there? Would Brook be able to possess people who haven't had their spirit removed? If Law removed Brook's spirit and switched it with another person, would Brook be able to leave his new body on his own? If Brook is outside his own body, and someone puts seastone cuffs on him, what happens to his spirit? What if it's Blackbeard who is touching him instead of seastone? What if someone throws Brook's spiritless body into the sea?

Edit: more

Could Kuma push a person's spirit out of their body? Could he push a shadow?

d[-.-]b fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 26, 2015

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Kaido has the demon demon fruit.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I'm sure Blackbeard has a bounty by now.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Tolth posted:

Ogre Ogre/Oni Oni would be more appropriately Japanese and fits his look. He literally has Oni horns. I'd bet on that if I had to bet on anything. Actually, gently caress it, :toxx:

Isn't an oni just a demon in Japanese?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Is Brownbeard somehow related to the new shichibukai, his mom, and Lola? He has similar hair, and I think his jolly roger was very similar, too.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

ZiegeDame posted:

Something just occurred to me. Based on the already established naming theme, the new warlord's name is not Weeble, it's Weevil. As in the insect.

But Buggy is already a bug. And Law and Blackbeard never had one.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

The ninja is going to end up being some Naruto clone in an orange jumpsuit, isn't he.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I'm thinking that Kanjuro's drawings are like Mr. Meseeks from Rick and Morty. Existence is pain to them.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

In the latest chapter, Luffy calls out for Nami etc, but shouldn't he know they're not on the ship due to observation haki?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

One thing I just noticed. During Marinford, Buggy was treated as a kind of prophet or otherwise holy person by all of his new followers. And eventually, one of his followers became Hajrudin. During Dressrosa, the first person to call Usopp "God" was Hajrudin. So it's like he traded one deity for another by leaving Buggy and following the Straw Hats.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Just post it, who cares.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Space-Bird posted:

I'm going to pretend you are posting from an alternate dimension where One Piece is serious and Luffy is rational and calculating.

Maybe he is hoping that one of his crew mates can use observation Haki to hear them you crazy alien person.

poo poo, this isn't Earth-C137?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

bato.to has all the color scanlations, last I checked.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I still don't get how Oda gave Doflamingo the Thread Thread fruit and Leo the Sew Sew fruit but had them never interact with each other the entire time. Why introduce such similar fruits in the first place?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Nighthand posted:

It could be that there's a difference between the artificial devil fruits and the natural fruits, and that the ability to be transferred to a nearby fruit is a trait engineered into them by Caesar and/or Vegapunk or whoever was the progenitor of the Smile fruits. Of course I'm making that up based on no evidence.

I don't think the axolotl fruit was a smile.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Octopode posted:

It had the normal DF swirl pattern, rather than the SMILE polka-dot pattern.

Yes, hence what I said.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

"You're not the one...the man Roger was waiting for"

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

How did Law forget he had Bepo's vivre card when they used that card to navigate to Zou in the first place?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

It's Surume the kraken.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Lpzie posted:

Dunno how I feel about Luffy admitting he knows someone's name but prefers the nickname he gave them. I enjoyed thinking he couldn't be bothered to learn the names and so opted for the nicknames instead.

That bothered me, too. All the other times, like when he called Hancock "Hammock", it was pretty clear he just called people whatever he felt like.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

"We want him to be Impel Down's chef."

Oh poo poo, that could totally be it. I'm sure G5 filed an after-action report that included Sanji's amazing revitalizing soup, so the Marines should be aware of his abilities.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

tsob posted:

Would Crocus or Laboon even recognize him from a wanted poster? He doesn't really use his name or have recognizable features beyond his hair anymore so I imagine it'd be difficult to connect the dots from a photo.

Crocus knows his name, and he can tell Laboon. Besides, Laboon recognizing Brook from his afro is the entire point.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Chibs posted:

????

????!!!!

I'm equally confused.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Shoren posted:

The crew found another use for Caesar this chapter: buoyancy to lift them up to Zou. I love that they keep using him as a tool against his will. Penance for being such a jerk.

They already used him for that to get to Green Bit.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Thunderbro posted:

it's luffy is going to tame and pilot zou to go beat down big mam

If Luffy finds a way to pilot the elephant, can the new thread title be Zou Zou's Pedals?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

The more time spent in the world of One Piece, the better. You people who want it to end soon are crazy.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

tsob posted:

So should we expect a new chapter at some point in the next few days or is it on break again this week?

I think the chapter we got last week is the one we should have gotten this week, but early. So I don't think there should be a chapter this week since we already got it.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Crocodile also trained himself to turn into sand on impact. As Logia's can be hurt by anything if they are caught off guard.

He also made it so that it stopped raining in Alabasta, so much so that it instantly started raining as soon as he got knocked unconscious.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

I absolutely love that smirk Sanji has while writing the letter. And his focus on seeing the chick first before deciding whether or not to reject her is so in character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

Crazyeyes posted:

That seemingly pointless scene with bonny and Akainu is becoming a textbook "Chekhov's Gun" situation.

Speculation: Big Mom, still mad at Luffy for destroying her candy factory, has arranged a deal with the navy and is luring Luffy into a trap so Akainu can kill him. I'm betting Akainu may hold a particularly harsh view of Luffy considering the kid is son of Dragon, brother to Ace, and now one of the most well known and disruptive pirates in the world.

For the record, Luffy didn't destroy the candy factory.