Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
People are making GBS threads from the mouth about nakama, of course it's on break for a week, Jose-peng you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Monet, despite being fine in the end was at one point slashed into a nightmarish mismatched hash of arms and legs and shoggoth piss.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Yeah it hasn't come up in a while because everyone is all nice and established with your log poses and your magic the gathering cards, but it doesn't matter if you can punch a mountain if you end up starving to death in the middle of the tractless sea.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Phone posted:

Cross posting from D&D

quote:

Paul Ryan is changing his job title. He’s changing his office. And he’s even changing his name.

From today on, the Wisconsin Republican would like to be known – in official capacities, anyway – as Paul D. Ryan.

The Ways and Means chairman asked the Clerk of the House Karen Hass to officially change his name to include the middle initial on all official documents and offices – just one day before Ryan is set to be elected speaker.

Ryan’s middle name is Davis.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

I hope Ryan-sempai notices me ~ <3

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

The Night King's name is Nekomamushi.

Neko = Cat

Mamushi = Viper

So a ferret then.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

One of the best scenes recently hit the anime, in case anyone missed it you should definitely watch zoro fight a mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-tDHF5hNn8&t=1372s

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

The New World Davy Back Fight thing they just did "Nebulandia" was pretty great. But Foxy is always great.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

I swear to god if you fuckers drop that seastone spear in there one more time I'm going to lock you up in the anus.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's kind of a suspension of belief, but maybe the air for Gear 3 is super condensed so it actually increases density to be more like an actual giant's fist.

Basketballs are filled with air and I wouldn't want to get hit in the face with one.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

I still think you guys have this "getting hit in the face with a big rubber object" thing all wrong.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Parrotine posted:

Hey now, Garp's been using Haki since the end of Water 7, it just didn't have the trademark black coating shorthand

That's when the audience developed observation haki and could finally see it.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I predict Pedro will die in the battle part of the arc giving Carrot her sad backstory/motivation to be a Strawhat

Oh poo poo, we're in the back story.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

A squirrel Zoan fruit would probably make you a lot quicker and agile.

Or the most powerful being in the universe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Isn't Squirrel Girl meant to be a parody, though? That's like saying Garp's Fist of Love or Nami's slaps are the most powerful things in One Piece.

Who are you to argue with Uatu the Watcher?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Elfgames posted:

the vivre card isn't magic(other than burning when someone's dying and pointing their location) it's a symbol of connection to big mom

I assume Ace's card burned because he was a fire man.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Again, I can totally see them escaping so there can be a massive multi-Emperor scrap, but Luffy should absolutely have the strength to take on an Emperor, even if he gets clowned and has to try a different tactic or push himself further the next time, as I suspect will happen with Kaidou. Imagine Gear Four Luffy or Zoro cutting mountains if they'd been at Marineford - do they really seem that outclassed now?

I dunno man, they're pretty powerful but do you really think that they're as powerful as some guy with a gun?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

As far as wondering why kizarus fruit isn't stronger you could play this game and kind of see where he's coming from:

http://gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/

Imagine trying to hit people while dealing with the effects of relativity.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Is there a chapter next week, or are we off again?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Exciting stuff!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Radish posted:

lol

Also Sanji obliterating that guard because he touched that food was kinda rude.

Guard? That was One of big Mom's crew

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

anime was right posted:

yo guys wait for the arc to end. you get better jokes that way.

The current title is not necessarily from this arc though.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Sanji dodging the noted badass dude's bullet is amazing. And him going "well gently caress, this is going to get bad"

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Silver2195 posted:

My pet theory is that after the previous disaster with the portrait, Big Mom had a copy made and brought it out instead of the real one.

Yeah, except if she didn't need it out for some reason, she would never have brought the real one out in the first place.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

So both?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Cuchulain posted:

No chapter this week?

Seems like there's spoilers about so... there's probably a chapter. It'd be out tomorrow though, usually.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

Gonna go through the flashback chapters with a fine-toothed comb when I get home tonight and look for the bird in Big Mom's childhood who grew up to become :bignews:.

It's obviously the kid with the crown, who at the bird bird fruit model: big.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

I assume all those marines who got swapped around at Sabondy just got punched by garp or something and hakihamon fixed it all.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

In Taiwan at rechao you get all kinds of grilled fish. You just like eat them because they're just fish. They go really well with small glasses of Taiwan beer.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

GodFish posted:

What about the bones though?

Little fish generally have small enough or soft enough bones that you can just eat the whole thing. The bigger ones you can just pull the meat off with your teeth like some kind of fish Popsicle. Sometimes they have like eggs inside or something which is also pretty tasty. Certain times of the year you can also order these crabs that are full of crab roe and it's basically like the crab went to the trouble of fixing you an omelette inside of itself before you cooked it.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

Pacific saury can be eaten whole, bones and all.

Aw yeah those little dudes are tasty. Those are the ones they usually serve at rechao, all breaded up and fried.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Fish chat aside, there is going to be a chapter this week right?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Larryb posted:

Avoid the manga at least, but the Boruto anime has been pretty good so far and reminds me a lot of pre-timeskip Naruto.

It suffers in comparison because early Naruto was about children being thrust into the very adult field of war and death, and Boruto so far is mostly about children in a relatively boring normal high school defeating highly trained murderers and city eating demons with the power of friendship.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Angry Lobster posted:

Maybe we should start the nano-machine theory debate again.

If devil fruits are nano-machines and you can make inanimate objects eat devil fruits, could you make one of the nano-machines eat a devil fruit?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

feed it a version of the human fruit and turn the earth into ego the living planet

Human Human fruit. Model: Sweet Goatee

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Star Platinum posted:

Maybe this is supposed to be her as a young teenager and she decided to get swole later

Retcon or no, making her hot in her 20s is a very Oda thing to do

I mean it's basically the meme about asian ladies aging, which doesn't cover the age of six, so who knows?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

wait... is there no chapter this week?

Edit: A gently caress there's not.

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 3, 2017

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Prometheus and Zeus have Mama's soul in them, but the other homies like Kingbaum have other rando's souls in them. That's why they do the soul collection thing, because she needs their souls to create homies. So defeating her might kill the big three homies, but not the other ones.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

I kind of feel like Carrot should be the one to defeat Katakuri because rabbits pound mochi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Hate-Senpai posted:

WHAT THE gently caress.

What? There's a guy with mochi superpowers, there's a humanoid rabbit, mid autumn festival is in like 2 weeks.