Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Senior Pink fight was the best fight in the entire series so all is forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I hope the next arc involves Luffy fighting on a loving boat. I miss when water was a threat.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

KoB posted:

You mean like during the Fishmen Island arc? Where he was literally surrounded by water.

He had bubbles, and wasn't on a boat the water was never a real threat.

He owned Hodi through the loving water itself.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Brook stealing apples from a cow lol

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

No way a new sword the 3 have too much personality. At best they get explained better.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Problem is Aokiji needs to beat Akainu so I don't see Aka being the final boss, or hell a real boss for Luffy at all.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Cloks posted:

Crazy theory: The five giants leaving Buggy's crew are literal giants. They're joining up with the giants serving under Luffy.

I thought that was heavily implied not a theory?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

God Tier
Usopp

High Tier
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji

Mid Tier
Robin
Franky
Brook

Low Tier
Nami
Chopper

Law Tier
Law

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I somehow don't see Zoro owning the gently caress out of Kuina as a good final fight.

If it does happen though the sexism chat will, never, ever, loving end

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

[/quote]

That was fast.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

What if Big Mam promised Sanji she'd take him to all blue and he believed her. I mean why wouldn't he?!? :ohdear:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The new color spread is tits good

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

AtomikKrab posted:

Official translation is out, some key differences that helps explain a lot.

liiiiiiikkkkeeeeee....????

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I'm not a fan of how disoriented the poneglyphs are just throwing that out there. 4 are location ones and the others are just bullshit to speculate on forever basically?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

They're all indestructible information repositories containing great, important secrets. Four especially important ones point to the most vital, explosive piece of information of all.

There's a theme there.

You're just reiterating my point using big words. It's disorienting.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

There not random things, the Ponoglyphs are basically immortal tomes that chronicle big poo poo that matters to the world such as super weapons

And now that we've narrowed down that there are only 4 that matter in context to the story who really cares what the other ones said.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Asuron posted:

They matter for the history of the world.

Four point to Raftel yes, but that's not the only important thing in the story. They give us context as to what exactly the World Government was hiding and what could be hidden on Raftel. Plus they also store information on the goddamn super weapons and other important plot stuff, which also ties back into Robin's personal goal of knowing the full history of the world. Reaching Raftel without knowing all the other information first is pointless because you don't have the full view on things and can come to potentially false conclusions, which is exactly what Rayleigh told Robin.

The story doesn't stop at just knowing where Raftel is and reaching it, there's alot more going on than that.

Fine better question then is do you believe that we'll see anymore Ponyglyphs that aren't the road to Raftel ones?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Asuron posted:

Yes? I'm not sure how you could think otherwise if you've been reading One Piece all this time. It's tied to Robin's personal goal and the first mate of the Pirate Kings crew said she should do exactly that before knowing what the Rio Poneglyph says.

Now I get the feeling we'll find the other 3 and then find some more on Raftel itself but I have a strong feeling we won't be hearing from non raftel related ones for another decade.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

It's been a while why do the monkies and Mihawk have straw hats?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Basically one piece is 65% done and this is all we're getting

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-07-20/one-piece-manga-creator-eiichiro-oda-story-is-about-65-percent-finished/.104500

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I can't believe mangastream used the loving N word

Uhh i missed that one where did that happen?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I wonder what relation brook and the third eye have? Has that been brought up before?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Shoren posted:

I think it was Brook trying to protect her. He doesn't know she's betraying all of the Straw Hats and thus didn't want to blow it in front of Big Mom.

Ohhh yeah that happened.

gently caress that was like half a year ago wasn't it..

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Gumbercules posted:

The milk gag was pretty good by itself, but was ten times more hilarious after all the tooth-related speculation in this thread over the last few months.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

just the idea that someone with the power level of a new world yonkou couldn't just flex his arm and break all of the sea monsters teeth when it bit down is confounding to me

He literally scares the monster with a look yet you can't wrap it around your head that he "lost his arm to a powerful monster" not "he gave up his arm on purpose"

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I like how people are arguing the power level of cracker has anything to do with the big mom fight coming up.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The moment we lost all sense of "stealth" was the moment we knew Big mom would be punched in the face come on guys.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Moltrey posted:

Still reading Skypeia and yo what the gently caress

also I'll say I'm intensely dissapointed as to what a character named Big Mama looks like

There's a lot to unpack with that arc because it's so loving big. Have any of the priests gone down yet?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

drjuggalo posted:

what an amazing chapter

looks like i was wrong big time unless that last page leads to a fight but i doubt it with bege out now (lets go super tankman luffy)

Veskit posted:

The moment we lost all sense of "stealth" was the moment we knew Big mom would be punched in the face come on guys.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

people also said i was crazy when i predicted that carmel had big moms powers and big mom ate her to get them

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i still think big mom has 2 devil fruits, a weather control one (possibly obtained from Caramel somehow) and the soul soul one. the Zeus and Prometheus manifestations are combinations of the two fruit powers. her body constitution, like Blackbeards, likely allows for it and shes probably not even aware of it.

also she probably doesn't even understand why giants dont like her since she rampaged in her mindless state

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i was right tho?

:yikes:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

Zoro and Wiper helped Luffy get in the final hit against Enel by destroying the base of the beanstalk. Law badly injured Doflamingo with Gamma Knife, and a whole bunch of people held off Doflamingo during the post-Gear 4 cooldown.

Your point being?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

There might be another arc along the way? I can't remember. If it's what I was thinking of that will be the most decisive arc in all of over piece history, way now so over skypiea.

Also you didn't talk about enel face :colbert:

Silver2195 posted:

That there's no guarantee that Luffy will beat every Emperor "fairly."

Misread what you were getting at, my apologies!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Davy back was garbage except for the redo joke but that's only funny because if being resubjected to more garbage

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Bisse posted:

to be fair davy back was nice as a short lighthearted arc in-between to huge ones.

The fakehats were the example of that not the Davy back bullshit fights they were downright dumb especially since you knew what was going to happen the entire time

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Kaku for sure

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Doesn't Hina fit the bill?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

How in gods name do you remember that

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Big shoutout to all my fans who called me retarded when I said this wasn't going to be the arc where an Emperor went down, namasté

Thanks for mentioning me and how right I was to do so.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Does anyone have the same feeling with this arc as impel down????

If you answered yes you're dumb and if you answered no you should really understand how hard big mom is getting punched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

mabels big day posted:

Did anyone think luffy was gonna beat all the admirals and government at Marineford?

No because the objective was made so loving clear and the only objective made clear so far is kick mom's rear end. The escape is fake come on guys COME ON GUYS YOU KNOW IT"S TRUE