Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Prison Warden posted:

I don't have my manga copy to hand, but basically Ussop is just talking about Afros in reference to some old famous Japanese boxer. There's no racial element at all and that "power of the blacks" thing is just some loving bizarre-rear end fan translation thing.

i don't have the raws but i think they translated "afros" as "blacks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sanji is the prince of the Wayside Kingdom, a country for nerds who couldn't keep up with franky and brook and jinbei

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

some colors are just soothing to look at. some other colors make you very angry

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Veskit posted:

No way a new sword the 3 have too much personality. At best they get explained better.

i would guess the loguetown sword becomes meito

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i miss jinbei

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

people like characters who are "just strong" because of american exceptionalism and bootstrapping. it's really dumb

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Tolth posted:

It's tremendously lacking in self-awareness to assume that everyone you're talking to is from the US while bitching about american exceptionalism on the internet.

ah sorry i'll be more inclusive with my jokes during a discussion about why doing superhuman feats without having "superpowers" is objectively cooler than doing them with superpowers, On The Internet, next time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the photographer got a picture of chopper eating cotton candy at some point and that's all there is to it :shrug:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tane

oddium fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 20, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tane

oddium fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 20, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tane

oddium fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 20, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Parrotine posted:

If he can make it work, do it Oda.

I'd rather have him than Jinbei, the most boring character in recent memory. That's right you wolves, I'll fight every last one of you over my words, don't hold back now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Gyges posted:

I'm looking forward to Weeble getting destroyed by someone. Not a fan of dumb poo poo Lennies being controlled by their rear end in a top hat moms.

Hands down the worst part of the Adams Family movie.

"look at this"
"what's that, a mirror ??"
"it's a picture of whitebeard"
"ah, i thought it was a mirror"

was pretty funny though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="451004638"]
But Buggy is already a bug. And Law and Blackbeard never had one.

um hello Blackbeard the Cerberus. and uh law the... panther maybe

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bisse posted:

I can't find his bathroom no, but man, look at that loving shark tank. Who puts a toilet in a shark tank? A crazy person, that's who.

a man who smiles at death... Eiichiroo D. A

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

robin franky jinbei zoro luffy and brook are my ideal crew. sorry nami. sorry chopper kind of. not sorry sanji

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

here's an article about why scanlations are bad (saved you a click: it's because of swears and shichibukai/nakama/yonkou). the most interesting part is the difference in visual quality between official and scanlations:

also the article writer uses bartolomeo in like 3/4ths of the "excessive swears" category uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i just wanted to discuss the visual quality of scanlations and a guy who doesn't understand bartolomeo's character :negative:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

F. Lobot posted:

That's how I feel when I see Japanese sound effects, nakama, schichibukai, den den mushi, yonkou, gorosei, 'eh' instead of 'what' or 'huh', hakabushiki haki, untranslated Devil Fruit no mi, Kumacy and pointless honorifics. There's no way to read One Piece without doing mental gymnastics, but the Viz version has significantly less of that.

naaaaaaaaaaaaaan ??

AnonSpore posted:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

yosh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

devil fruits are the souls of the original superhumans what had powers, and then you put the devil fruit inside the medabot and fight with them and uh wait hang on

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm 90% positive vegapunk will explain devil fruits through wavelengths or something

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if a random fruit in the world turned into a devil fruit instead of a near-by fruit it would be 1000x better. i don't know why though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Space-Bird posted:

You are wrong and bad. The whole point of this is the Blackbeard pirates figured out how to 'game the system'...and that's why they're freaking everyone out. It thematically fits within One Piece, actually.

yeah it fits one piece's theme of mysteries being disappointing once they're explained

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i haven't seen most of the filler but there's one where a giant ate the mini mini fruit and that sounds like a neat concept

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

robin continues to own forever

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tbp posted:

who the hell is jack.

bandana-ed lady in charge of special unit calls out for jack hmm......

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't know what's happening at all in this chapter

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

RC Cola posted:

I'm watching the anime for the first time and got to Brook's backstory. It's so sad :(

quartet ...... trio ......

duet .....

solo ..........

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this chapter owns, one piece owns

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Baal posted:

I mean everyone else in the crew with the exception of Franky has features that make them very attractive and sexy

every girl crazy 'bout a skeleton man

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Baal posted:

The skeleton is secondary to the suit and the 'fro

speak for yourself

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

forget it dude, he's not going to give you her number !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I think I like Perona's look the best, because it does the greatest job of hiding Oda's deficiencies for women's bodies, so she almost looks human

i like perona's best because perona owns, and i hope she and zoro are friends

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

give me the spinoff manga of two years at Gloom Island with zoro + mihawk + perona !! also robin and brook are there for some reason

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

why is that on the be- :stare:

where else would you charge your phone, the couch ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

All the characters in the mangas is more than 18 years of age. They are professionally hired legally mature actors and the age appearance is due to the settings in the manga, the support of computer graphic, and SFX make-ups.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Sure as hell didn't reassembled all the marines he butchered. One guys just a head on a foot now

for life

i'm sure they know they risks when they join the marines. there's probably a devil fruit that does that anyway

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think the cat lost an arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Crazyeyes posted:

So if Jack has a bounty of 1Billion, why has no one ever mentioned him before? Seems like a (hopefully) pretty unique distinction. Can't be a whole lot of pirates in that class, I would think.

O: guess they forgot. don~~ !!