Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
a wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
stack overflow-style question and answer section, but for e/n

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Just move it to Usenet

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

also ban .webm

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

gamification with bonus points for biometric info

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

biometric info

make this necessary and bam anyone over a certain bmi. it should easily eliminate most of tflc

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Implement meow meow beans

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

don't forget to release it on steam op

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

i want to have it highlight posts from my steam friends

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

i should be able to login to the forums using my apple id

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imagiune google wave but google wave2.0

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

imagiune google wave but google wave2.0

the wave of the future

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
a portal with curated content for kids

weekly "crayon fridays" where children draw their own twists on their favorite franchises, like disney and slenderman [CHECK with lawyers]

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
we need lots of blogposts about bitfields

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

lol why loving bother

no one in charge would actually be willing to put forth the effort to save the forums. that, and the only people they'll listen to are FYAD/helldump posters who made the forum poo poo to begin with

a guy asks for a 6hr probie

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

there are no ironic posts itt

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

keep the forums as they are and just silently redirect all gbs/fyad/helldump posts to 4chan

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

top suggestion ap - it may be downvoted by helldump posters tho

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
add tinder to the forums. i will swipe u all in a direction

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
search

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bobbilljim posted:

add tinder to the forums. i will swipe u all in a direction

This has potential

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone's already wrote a JS library for Tinder style web apps, but I can't code it up on an iPad

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

it's not enough to just be able to engage with brands. posters need a way to broadcast their brand identities. outdated avatar mechanics give way to an organic, people first, democratic brand identity where posters construct their own brand collage. brand ambassadors can give out brand icons and badges to add to your collage of course, but the power of the community that gave us hits like slenderman and low carb can be unleashed for dynamic, user driven brand inspired art.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

echinopsis posted:

the entire forum is a single stream but you can isolate down to sub forum, sub sub forum and even thread level with heiraical hashtages
that is/was real, can't remember the name but there was a custom banner ad for it here a while back, it was also anonymous "to avoid drama"

ffffffuck why can't i remember what it was called

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Best Friends posted:

it's not enough to just be able to engage with brands. posters need a way to broadcast their brand identities. outdated avatar mechanics give way to an organic, people first, democratic brand identity where posters construct their own brand collage. brand ambassadors can give out brand icons and badges to add to your collage of course, but the power of the community that gave us hits like slenderman and low carb can be unleashed for dynamic, user driven brand inspired art.

This is 100% dead on -- we need an influencer campaign. Free accounts and perks given to powerful, high-reach individuals who we can turn into brandvangelists. Why don't we start with Wil Wheaton????

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

that is/was real, can't remember the name but there was a custom banner ad for it here a while back, it was also anonymous "to avoid drama"

ffffffuck why can't i remember what it was called

owns

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
how about a rule where people can't be rude or mean

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

how about a rule where qntm shuts the gently caress up euhhehehehehehehehehe

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
:(

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
verified accounts

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
that can wait until sa 3.0 imo, there's too many other good ideas itt

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

brands should get free accounts, and every post is stickied

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pay real money to buy pretend clothes for the anime character in your avatar

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
armor for your posting horse

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

The Management posted:

guys (and ladies, but let's be honest), we just got word from the exec team that they're accepting proposals for a total refresh of the SA site. we're starting from scratch on the front and backend. So let's have it, what are your best new ideas? what technologies should we use? what features do we need? what technical debt do we need to address?

I'll collate your best ideas and submit them as a blueprint for the E-team

redirect to http://forums.somethingawful.com

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

accounts cost $2/yr and the steady income stream is used to maintain the forum. lowtax won't do it because he couldn't find a payment processor who would handle it last time he looked in 2007

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

Destroy Mother Base

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sweevo posted:

accounts cost $2/yr and the steady income stream is used to maintain the forum. lowtax won't do it because he couldn't find a payment processor who would handle it last time he looked in 2007

this but with "official" apps and in-app purchases/subscriptions

no need for a payment processor other than the platform vendor in TYOOL 2015

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah or just delete thr forums and corral all posters into a giant grinding machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Sweevo posted:

pay real money to buy pretend clothes for the anime character in your avatar
tbf you can already do that now with :5bux: and a cracked copy of photoshop

• Locked thread