Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I would gladly exchange a Lions win in Lambeau for a 1-15 season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I would gladly exchange a Lions win in Lambeau for a 1-15 season

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nah, the victory will be hollow. i want to beat green bay in lambeau, and then see them miss the playoffs while we go in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they beat Green Bay with Rodgers playing, even if it's the one and only win they get all year, nobody will be fired because of it

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Besides next week hosting Chicago and week 16 hosting SF, what do you all think their best chance of winning is? Those are obviously the easy picks (but really, I'm of the opinion that if they're going to lose, lose them all and secure a top draft pick). Not saying they should tank, I really don't believe in that, but God drat something has to change.

Honestly, I figure they'll win 4 out of the 6 remaining home games, the London game against Kansas City, and maybe an away game if something goes wrong for the other team during the season. I'm still convinced this will be just your Typical Lions-after-a-good-season Season. They'll win more games than you'd think at this point in the season, just to give the fans a fleeting sense of hope at the end, especially if they pull off some bullshit like win at Green Bay. They'll just fire Lombardi, most will think (or convince themselves) that will solve everything (it won't), cut to an 8-8 or 9-7 season next year because they get to play the AFC South, and the cycle goes on and on forever.

The Lions don't get to have an historically bad season; that'd result in too much of a net positive for the fans. Misery must continue.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2959684&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11

Brings a tear to my eye re-reading :unsmith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wasn't their last game against the Packers?

And didn't they almost win that game?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dexo posted:

Wasn't their last game against the Packers?

And didn't they almost win that game?

Yes.

No. It looked like they could after Rodgers went out after loving his calf up even more but Detroit was never in the lead all game.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
don't worry, the Lions will beat the Bears on Sunday and we'll have to wait another year to start a thread like this again. :smith:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

TubeStank posted:

Yes.

No. It looked like they could after Rodgers went out after loving his calf up even more but Detroit was never in the lead all game.

We were tied in the 2nd half!!!

That's a pretty big deal for the Lions playing at Green Bay.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Is it every NFC North Team's dream to sweep the Packers, even if it means they go 2-14?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

From that thread:

"Honestly, I think the Browns with Ken Dorsey at the helm can make a strong argument to be worse than the Lions. Orlovsky is better than Dorsey, Megatron is better than Braylon, Kevin Smith is better than Jamal Lewis."

Good god that was darker time than I remember.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Petite Dinklage posted:

Is it every NFC North Team's dream to sweep the Packers, even if it means they go 2-14?

Apparently.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Petite Dinklage posted:

Getting beat up on for drat near 25 years has a funny effect on your head. The Bears have beaten the Packers twice in one year only twice since Brett Favre showed up on the scene. I refuse to count how many times the Packers swept the Bears in that same time frame.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Same can be said for AFCE and the Pats, and AFCS and the Colts, etc.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Petite Dinklage posted:

It's pretty fantastic having the Lions, Bears and Vikings as divisional rivals.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Petite Dinklage posted:

I wouldn't be super thrilled with it, but if the vikes are gonna have a lovely season that would easily be the best outcome of it. It would be better than a generic 6-10 or whatever wet fart season.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Petite Dinklage posted:

the last time the Lions won in Wisconsin on the 15th December 1991. They drafted Jason Hanson the next year, which meant he went his entire career without beating the Packers on the road. There's 11 members of the current roster, including those on IR and the practice squad who weren't even born when the Lions last won in Wisconsin, including another 10 or so who were born that year. Just let us break the loving streak then we can concentrate on what we are, a thoroughly mediocre team who will do just enough to think that hope is around the corner

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Petite Dinklage posted:

I wouldn't go that far but we all hate Green Bay.

I can't put into words how loathesome Green Bay and their fans are.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
If you are a Packers + Brewers fan like many are, then you can surely loving understand why everyone hates us.

gently caress the Cardinals

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
This is the week that the Lions restore the roar

https://twitter.com/FascinatingVids/status/653490842062192640/video/1

:3:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

nerve posted:

If you are a Packers + Brewers fan like many are, then you can surely loving understand why everyone hates us.

Is it bad I want the Cubs to lose? Breaking the streak turned the Sox from lovable losers into another annoying Boston team

When the Cards win the SB I hope we don't become the next Seattle :(

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I wouldn't go that far but we all hate Green Bay.

I can't put into words how loathesome Green Bay and their fans are.

Sorry :(

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HEY HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE PACKERS IT'S TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE PACKERS DO YOU KNOW THE QUARTERBACK HAS A MUSTACHE IT'S TRUE HE SOMETIMES HAS A MUSTACHE HOW INCREDIBLE AND HILARIOUS HE ALSO HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE OFFENSIVE LINE THEY PLAY SETTLERS OF CATAN HOW ADORABLE THESE BIG STRONG FOOTBALL MEN PLAY A BOARD GAME INSTEAD OF TEARING APART LIVESTOCK FOR FUN THEY ALSO ENJOY MUSICAL MOVIES AND HAVE I GOT STARTED ON THE GUY WITH THE BLONDE HAIR WELL HE HAS BLONDE HAIR AND HE YELLS LIKE A COMPUTER GAME DEMON AFTER HE SACKS PEOPLE WHAT A WORLD

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
dude it's ok, the cubs are in the nlcs

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

HEY HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE PACKERS IT'S TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE PACKERS DO YOU KNOW THE QUARTERBACK HAS A MUSTACHE IT'S TRUE HE SOMETIMES HAS A MUSTACHE HOW INCREDIBLE AND HILARIOUS HE ALSO HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE OFFENSIVE LINE THEY PLAY SETTLERS OF CATAN HOW ADORABLE THESE BIG STRONG FOOTBALL MEN PLAY A BOARD GAME INSTEAD OF TEARING APART LIVESTOCK FOR FUN THEY ALSO ENJOY MUSICAL MOVIES AND HAVE I GOT STARTED ON THE GUY WITH THE BLONDE HAIR WELL HE HAS BLONDE HAIR AND HE YELLS LIKE A COMPUTER GAME DEMON AFTER HE SACKS PEOPLE WHAT A WORLD

did u know

that the linemen play a nerd board game

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rather have him on the OL than anyone else right now.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

This team sounds great. I would bet anyone who saw or heard about this team would love them!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

:frogon:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

nerve posted:

Why do people hate the Brewers?

In my travels intt Wisconsin I've found way more people who are Packers / Twin fans. Truly the most insufferable.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

commieB posted:

This team sounds great. I would bet anyone who saw or heard about this team would love them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFVksXMbVHw

Bonus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH75PmAabIE

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

OSheaman posted:

dude it's ok, the cubs are in the nlcs

I personally hope the Cubs win it all imo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

does Clay Matthews really yell "NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME" when he sacks someone

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Every loving thread regarding the NFL or a team in the NFL turns into Packers Chat. All of em.

Get out of here with your winning football team, you goddamn bullies! This is supposed to be a safe space for Lions Fans from their worthless franchise.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
gently caress the Cubs imo

White Sox own

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
No space is safe for Lions fans. :unsmigghh:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

OxySnake posted:

In my travels intt Wisconsin I've found way more people who are Packers / Twin fans. Truly the most insufferable.

No, the point is that the Packers are the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL.

So the feelings, as a theoretical Brewers fan, that you have towards the "best fans in baseball", whose team "plays the right way"? That's how people see the packers and their goddamn insufferable fanbase+unending run of success.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
This Tight End, Mike. This Guy. Used to play basketball in college. He's a big, physical guy, he can go up and bring you down some of those rebounds. When he got drafted into the National Football League, Coach said "Hey, use those big hands of yours and catch some oblate spheroids at the Tight End Position." This kid is a big fan of anime, Mike. He taught me words like desu and hentai. We watched a film together, Mike. Called it Ghost. In. The. Shell. I learned some things, Mike. Get this, the mind exists on a plane outside the physical world. Your consciousness depends on your ability to question your own consciousness. I'm talking about. Robots. With Human. Souls. Mike. I'm talking about grappling with the nature of your own existence. What are you in that interstitial space between Man and Machine, Mike? Ha, I'll tell ya, tackling with that can be tougher than tackling this big Fullback. It is Fascinating Stuff. Mike.

Mike: And the pass is over to the fullback for a short gain, looks to be good enough for a First before he's brought down.

That was a very hentai Catch, Mike.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

OxySnake posted:

Ryan Braun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

GeneX posted:

No, the point is that the Packers are the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL.

So the feelings, as a theoretical Brewers fan, that you have towards the "best fans in baseball", whose team "plays the right way"? That's how people see the packers and their goddamn insufferable fanbase+unending run of success.
Yeah, this is what I meant.

So when people say they hate the Packers and the troves of garbage fans, I get it, since I hate the St Louis Cardinals and theirs

• Locked thread