Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

NC-17 posted:

gobots were better

If you mean "a knock off of a far superior product" then yes, the Lions are GoBots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Gobots came out first.

:colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Gobots came out first.

:colbert:

Depends on whether you call the Diaclone/Takara toys that were released in Japan the year before GoBots which were released a year after GoBots as Transformers as "first" and good lord the Lions being so loving terrible has made me start slapfights over 30 year old toys

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
good lord you nerds when has accuracy ever been a requirement for a ballin'-rear end nickname?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Was Starscream truly the abject fuckup? Megatron made a ton of boneheaded calls over the course of the TV show. Starscream was certainly reckless, but its hard to fault him vying for leadership when Megatron loses basically every time.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Does this mean the Packers are the Autobots? I'm guessing Rodgers is Optimus Prime, Clay Matthews is Grimlock, Lacy is Ironhide.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Filthy Casual posted:

Was Starscream truly the abject fuckup? Megatron made a ton of boneheaded calls over the course of the TV show. Starscream was certainly reckless, but its hard to fault him vying for leadership when Megatron loses basically every time.

:goonsay: well in the comic books :suicide:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

BGrifter posted:

Does this mean the Packers are the Autobots? I'm guessing Rodgers is Optimus Prime, Clay Matthews is Grimlock, Lacy is Ironhide.

The Transformers are cool and fun to root for, so the Packers can be Bots Master or something, idk.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

gtkor posted:

Aaron Donald might not have been a bad choice with the 10 pick in that draft. Ya know, if you were going to let Fairley go, and not fork over Suh money. I am sure whoever the GM is in STL probably sends Mayhew a Christmas Card every year over that one.

I was so happy the Rams didn't let the Bears get Donald.

Nov 6, 2002

The Browns are the Trainbots.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Randall Cobb is Jazz

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
https://www.reddit.com/r/detroitlions/comments/3omxap/i_am_caraun_reid_defensive_tackle_for_the_detroit/

"I am Caraun Reid, Defensive Tackle for the Detroit Lions. AMA."

Just started 5 minutes ago.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hand Row posted:

I was so happy the Rams didn't let the Bears get Donald.

I convinced myself the rams wouldn't take another d lineman and was super pissed off and rightfully so it turns out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Filthy Casual posted:

Nah, Megatron was a relatively coherent military strategist undermined by the fact his charges were by and large usurping fuckwits, idiots or unable to think for themselves. Which makes every lions coach Megatron, and Calvin and Barry Shockwave. Either way, the Lions are terrible and deserve to go 0-16 again this year because it may just finally try and not look on the team as anything other than a cash cow.... Bwahahahahahahaha, I almost said that with a straight face too

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Knyteguy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/detroitlions/comments/3omxap/i_am_caraun_reid_defensive_tackle_for_the_detroit/

"I am Caraun Reid, Defensive Tackle for the Detroit Lions. AMA."

Just started 5 minutes ago.

quote:

I love coming over there to play. I want to say something in British phrasing. Bloke. Whatever they say in Harry Potter.
owns

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

NC-17 posted:

The Browns are the Trainbots.

Well the Patriots are the cheaterbots!

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Which makes every lions coach Megatron, and Calvin and Barry Shockwave.

Soundwave was pretty a'ight too, though I'm not sure who would be who in this example.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yahoo Sports gets it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BGrifter posted:

Yahoo Sports gets it.

Rodgers is clearly Rodiumus Prime, not Optimus.

Look at him about to lay down an epic discount doublecheck

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Signed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Azhais posted:

Rodgers is clearly Rodiumus Prime, not Optimus.

Look at him about to lay down an epic discount doublecheck

Or goatse himself.

Nov 6, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Yahoo Sports gets it.

Hmm, red, blue and grey color scheme? I think we know who would be Optimus.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

NC-17 posted:

Hmm, red, blue and grey color scheme? I think we know who would be Optimus.

Yes: Manning, Eli

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Levy probably done for the year with Hip Surgery on the way. Doesn't help an already crap defense very much.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

:negative:

At least we might get to keep Austin.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cruel and Unusual posted:

:negative:

At least we might get to keep Austin.

Not if he gets shitcanned with the rest of the coaching staff!

Is it too early to start dreaming about the Saints dropping Sean Payton and Detroit picking him up as HC? If he can fix noted Garbage Time QB Drew Brees then surely he can fix Stafford.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

You'd wonder if that would mean keeping Lombardi in that scenario though, given the history with the two in New Orleans.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
How much play calling did Lombardi handle in NO? I wouldn't imagine very much

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

There was one Twitter observer who didn't like the Lombardi hire because the year Payton was suspended the Saints offense was bad. He was so right.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

:boom:

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
Besides next week hosting Chicago and week 16 hosting SF, what do you all think their best chance of winning is? Those are obviously the easy picks (but really, I'm of the opinion that if they're going to lose, lose them all and secure a top draft pick). Not saying they should tank, I really don't believe in that, but God drat something has to change.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Besides next week hosting Chicago and week 16 hosting SF, what do you all think their best chance of winning is? Those are obviously the easy picks (but really, I'm of the opinion that if they're going to lose, lose them all and secure a top draft pick). Not saying they should tank, I really don't believe in that, but God drat something has to change.

Either the Raiders or the Thanksgiving game I think. Not that either is necessarily likely, just that those are probably the best ones, especially if Chip Kelly's Wild Ride breaks down again. Maybe @Saints but that's an even longer shot.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

i hope they go winless and it somehow leads to a GM change

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope they go 1-15 and beat the Packers

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

I hope they go 1-15 and beat the Packers

...at Lambeau ...and somehow injure Rodgers in the process. This would be a freak thing, and I don't WISH him harm or anything, I'm just saying that would provide the maximum comedy rating.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope they go winless and it somehow leads to a GM change

2-14 with sweeping the Packers would also do that, and its the right thing to do.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Filthy Casual posted:

2-14 with sweeping the Packers would also do that, and its the right thing to do.

"we felt there was no need to make sweeping changes in a panic. we really showed heart out there against one of the best teams in the league, and making rash decisions when all the pieces are there to succeed would be foolhardy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Chilichimp posted:

...at Lambeau ...and somehow injure Rodgers in the process. This would be a freak thing, and I don't WISH him harm or anything, I'm just saying that would provide the maximum comedy rating.

Don't injure him. Have him be 100% healthy and get pick-sixed 3 times, fumble-sixed twice, and also toss in an Orlovsky safety. That's comedy.

• Locked thread