Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Looks like the Lions have the yearly thread back again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Here's a fun idea when Caldwell gets fired after London: one-game interim coaches!

How much more fun would it be to have, for one week only, the return of WAYNE FONTES? Would the Week 16 home game against San Francisco be more fun with four-day interim head coach Jim Harbaugh going against the 49ers?

This is a great idea, and the Lions should absolutely do it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

NC-17 posted:

They have two this year! What the lack in wins they make up for in threads.

There's a second Lions thread?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C-Euro posted:

I still wonder why he didn't land somewhere last offseason, and whether or not other teams predicted what was going to happen to the D this year. If Caldwell ends up getting the boot during the season I'd be curious to see how Austin would handle things.

Mayhew won't be fired because look how long Millen was here and look at what he "accomplished". It's been a rough couple of seasons for him as of late, but I doubt Martha Ford cares so long as the Lions continue to not have cheerleaders. If Millen got eight years to be bad I would think Mayhew gets just as long to be mediocre, and if you get rid of him who do you bring in? Who was that dude in the Lions FO that people were talking about as maybe going to GM somewhere else last offseason?

The Lions have unofficial cheerleaders that Martha hates. One of them could probably be the GM, let's try and find out.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
From Detroit sports media gadfly Jeff Moss...

http://detroitsportsrag.net/who-is-running-the-lions-and-why-did-luis-perez-resign/

Martha Ford and her two daughters are running the team as something to do, Bill Ford Jr. is out of the organization.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rjmccall posted:

Can you believe the nerve of this elderly woman to not cede all control over the billion dollar organization that she owns to her son, who has extensive other responsibilities and who has admittedly shown very poor judgment when put in a similar position in the past? Surely this elderly woman is the source of our problems.

Actually, Bill Ford Jr. did do a great job at Ford, and hasn't had full control over the Lions before.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Filthy Casual posted:

Didn't they have an issue with their tires basically exploding about a decade back? Should be good practice.

The tires that they provided to Ford exploded, yes.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Do you think the Lions will turn round and realize "We spent all that effort...to beat the Other Worst Team in the League."

They then march, one by one, into Lake St Clair.

Beating the other worst team in the league doesn't happen until Week 16, against San Francisco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dexo posted:

I don't complain about refs usually but that was the worst officiated game I have ever loving seen.

Like Scab Refs level.

It's not as bad when you're at Michigan/Michigan State yesterday, and the ref calls a penalty on the wrong team, has his mic on as the coach tells him it was the wrong team, then the call gets reversed with no explanation.

The refereeing in football is getting worse than ever.

• Locked thread