Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
look if the Lions could set the longest road losing streak in the league history, and then not only match it and then break it by 2 games in a ten season span, there is no reason why we can't achieve two 0-16 seasons within a similar time frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I remember going to Detroit all the way from England 2 years ago for the Thanksgiving double header of home games against The Bays. The game against Tampa was loving wretched and I was getting quite exasperated at a) how poo poo the Lions were and b) how I was the only one in my section that seemed to feel that way. Even the Tampa fans in the section seemed to be embarrassed at how meh everyone was

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

No... Calvin is the starscream to Tate's Megatron. ODB would be one of those little animal things or whatever that are sort of part of starscream.

Good god man, it's Soundwave who has the animal cassette minions not Starscream don't you know anything urgh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

gobots were better

If you mean "a knock off of a far superior product" then yes, the Lions are GoBots

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Gobots came out first.

:colbert:

Depends on whether you call the Diaclone/Takara toys that were released in Japan the year before GoBots which were released a year after GoBots as Transformers as "first" and good lord the Lions being so loving terrible has made me start slapfights over 30 year old toys

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Filthy Casual posted:

Was Starscream truly the abject fuckup? Megatron made a ton of boneheaded calls over the course of the TV show. Starscream was certainly reckless, but its hard to fault him vying for leadership when Megatron loses basically every time.

Nah, Megatron was a relatively coherent military strategist undermined by the fact his charges were by and large usurping fuckwits, idiots or unable to think for themselves. Which makes every lions coach Megatron, and Calvin and Barry Shockwave. Either way, the Lions are terrible and deserve to go 0-16 again this year because it may just finally try and not look on the team as anything other than a cash cow.... Bwahahahahahahaha, I almost said that with a straight face too

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I would gladly exchange a Lions win in Lambeau for a 1-15 season

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Petite Dinklage posted:

Is it every NFC North Team's dream to sweep the Packers, even if it means they go 2-14?

the last time the Lions won in Wisconsin on the 15th December 1991. They drafted Jason Hanson the next year, which meant he went his entire career without beating the Packers on the road. There's 11 members of the current roster, including those on IR and the practice squad who weren't even born when the Lions last won in Wisconsin, including another 10 or so who were born that year. Just let us break the loving streak then we can concentrate on what we are, a thoroughly mediocre team who will do just enough to think that hope is around the corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Meet again next year? Pretty sure the Lions will be at it again

• Locked thread