Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Athanatos posted:

They'll beat the 49ers, the Redskins and the Bucs

Watching Niners Bears is going to be like what I imagine hell is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Kawalimus posted:

No way--they could beat Oakland, Minnesota, SF, Washington, or Tampa. Also don't underestimate Detroit's ability to piss away games late in the season so i'd put them on it too.

It depends on when Cutler gets back. If Clausen starts next weekend against Oakland, there is no way they win. With Clausen out there they are the worst offense in the league.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

GNU Order posted:

he got cut and followed Lovie to TB

I defended Lovie until the bitter end in Chicago and predicted good things for the Bucs when they hired him.

Man am I eating crow on that one.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Crow_Robot posted:

Why is the Bears' roster so empty of talent?

Cheap ownership/bad GM/what?

"The McCaskeys are cheap!" is tired old bullshit. It has purely been bad GMs. The Bears drafts the last decade have been awful. The only team competing for the bad drafting crown over that time span is the Jaguars.

Edit: Fixing the Bears roster is going to take at least three years of quality drafting. This is not going to be a quick turn around.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 28, 2015

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
None of those dudes from 2009, 2010, or 2011 are on the team anymore. Of the the latter three years, only Long and Jeffery look like NFL players. Of those two players, one is changing positions and the other is perpetually injured. To say they have a dearth of talent is an understatement.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
So did John Fox not do his homework before ageeing to this head coaching gig? He doesnt strike me as a guy who, at least at this point in his career, would sign on for a long term rebuild. If he spent more than 5 minutes looking at the roster he would have realized he was not pulling a one year turnaround like he did in Carolina. Fox will not be in Chicago the next time they are ready to compete and I would bet this is his last stint as a HC.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Do you have a link for that? I swear I have heard diffetent numbers from different sources and the salary cap is inscrutable voodoo to me.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Dave Toub is that one girl you dated senior year who you broke up with just before leaving for college who you cant stop thinking about twenty years later while writing an alimony check to that bitch you just got out of a messy divorce with.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
While eating dinner with my family tonight, the first thing my dad says when the Bears game comes up is how Cutler tried so hard to throw the game away. The first thing I hear when I turn on sports talk is Ed Obradovich bitching about Cutler.

Why? Why are peoples' memories so short. JUST LAST WEEK YOU SAW WHAT QB HELL LOOKS LIKE! This dumb city deserves the never ending QB carousel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Petite Dinklage posted:

Is it every NFC North Team's dream to sweep the Packers, even if it means they go 2-14?

Getting beat up on for drat near 25 years has a funny effect on your head. The Bears have beaten the Packers twice in one year only twice since Brett Favre showed up on the scene. I refuse to count how many times the Packers swept the Bears in that same time frame.

• Locked thread