Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

C-Euro posted:

How do you gently caress up typing "Indianapolis Colts" so badly, I expect a mod to have better typing skills :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GNU Order posted:

FUN THREAD CHALLENGE

try to name a single player on the bears defense without looking it up
Brian... Urlacher????

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

adaz posted:

Jaguars.

However it is closer than one would like
(wiggles hand) Eeeeeh.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

adaz posted:

I was really about the same but a healthy Jay Cutler puts the bears over the edge I think.

Ouch.
If we're playing the "if x is healthy" game, 30% of the Jaguar's roster is injured right now

That's not a made up number btw, literally 30%.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'll have you know that Blake Bortles is on pace to throw 3700 yards, 26 touchdowns and 16 interceptions!!!

hahahahaha

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Sorry, Jags are better. The Bears have a bunch of nobodies who suck. The Jags have a bunch of guys who are nobodies because they play in Jacksonville. Chris Clemmons, Paul Pos(sp), Odrick, and Eugene Monroe are all better than their Chicago counterparts, and that's just the players I can name.
In order: Old, not good anymore especially in today's NFL that is unforgiving against linebackers that suck against the pass, actually ok, plays for Baltimore now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Brannock posted:

In 2004 that would have been a pretty respectable stat line.
It'd be top-16 even last year.

Of course, the trick to the statline I just told you about is what I didn't say. His attempts are way up and his completion percentage is way down. Surprisingly, despite this his yards per attempt are still up.

This is all just through three games, of course, but if Bortles could get back to his near-60 completion percentage of last year and keep up roughly this pace it's an honest sign of improvement. Especially if he stops throwing so many devastating game-changing interceptions, as he has done twice this year.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Paragon8 posted:

The sad thing is that in 30 years Cutler is still going to be in the conversation for the best QB in Bears history.
He's already the best QB in Bears history.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Sid Luckman

I know it's a million years ago, but in his era he was the best, and Cutler's never been top five (even if there are a lot more teams)
Quarterback play has fundamentally improved since then though. Luckman might have been the best quarterback in the 40s, but I'd argue either of the McCown brothers are better quarterbacks.

It's like comparing the deadball era to modern pitching, you really just can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

When the Saints win, make it a 1-15 watch for the Jaguars

• Locked thread