Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIVlYOx49sE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-FKpWiHijo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Raiders play the Browns next, so they could realistically be 2-1 and have a winning record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh look. the mod took my thread about the oakland football raiders and tried to make it about his dumb team. make no mistake, this is still the raiders, bitch thread. defy unjust laws

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GNU Order posted:

FUN THREAD CHALLENGE

try to name a single player on the bears defense without looking it up

bostick or something like that? linebacker who's been in the league for maybe 2 years now?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

I dunno, the bears being a team of literal retards and the oakland defense being retarded might mean it's close.

The Raiders defense is bad, but I can't see the Bears offense scoring 49 points on them, which is probably what it's going to take.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Volkerball would you rather have Carr+Cooper or Teddy+Leonard?

If it was me drafting at the time, we'd have Teddy and Leonard, but in hindsight I'm pretty happy with what we've got. I was 100% in on Cooper until Williams fell and then I was kind of iffy on him, but he's way better than I expected. He's 2nd in NFL history in yards per game receiving as a rookie, and if you take out ODB's crazy season, he's 1st by a mile. That's ridiculous. And Carr has outperformed Bridgewater so far.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

Out of curiosity in this hypothetical world would the Raiders still have mack if they got teddy?

Yes. The real opportunity to have gotten Teddy was when the tradeup with the Seahawks was happening.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

What did it cost the vikings?

A 4th. It would've cost the Raiders the pick they used on Jelly.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

Even Pickles is better than Caleb loving Hanie.

Remember that time hanie outplayed Cutler lmao

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

No. When was this so I can laugh at you and tell you how wrong you are.

NFC championship game against the Packers iirc.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tavarin posted:

Nah, Hanie was better than the immortal Todd Collins in that game.

And better than Cutler.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Unless you really think Caleb scoring against a vanilla defense that's giving you yards is impressive

Cutler was 6/14 for piss in that game, then Hanie came in and the offense showed some life. I thought Cutler was healthy until he got hurt in that one.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, it's a straight up fire sale.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how much do you want for the rights to jay cutler. i need a dishwasher.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You have to measure players relative to their era. Jim Otto was 6'2" 250, but he's still the greatest center of all time because of the impact he had on the game. 50 years from now, when they look back at Tom Brady, given the Super Bowls, the pro bowls, and all the other accolades, he'll be a cheater then just like he is now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I only know vlasic

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ArgaWarga posted:

I think Fangio is p good but on the other hand

whats the context of this play

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GNU Order posted:

2nd and 6, 5:13 in the first quarter

huh.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the oakland raiders are favorites for the first time in 27 games.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

Great RBs like McFadden, yes.

for two years he was great

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

yeah he was definitely great at Arkansas, don't know what happened to him in the NFL. Injuries probably. Has he ever topped 800 yards rushing?

he was averaging drat near 200 total yards a game in 2009 and 2010. Never came close to staying healthy for a full season though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

Niners are going to pick first overall in a year with a great QB prospect from Cal and get it right this time

If I keep saying it, it's gonna happen

You'll pick the QB from Utah instead.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

Speaking for a team known for their humiliating fuckups, this makes me way more nervous than it should

same, and with how this thread was born, we're asking to get blown out.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Emanuel Collective posted:

lol @ all the gamblers who put money on Oakland before finding out Cutler would start

cutler sucks

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

In rural alaska you take whatever has legs and wont eat your kayak.

confirmed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Lions are a much better team than the Raiders were last year, and I'd expect them to at least sneak out 3-5 wins. Might even surprise some people, but who knows. They've already surprised me because I didn't expect them to be last winless team bad by any means.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

It could be. As I said before, if the Lions are going to be bad I want them to be epically bad.

if you were a fan of a good team i would just assume you were a naive dumbass, but..what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Brannock posted:

Better to be memorably bad than just low-grade depressively and forgettably bad?

Having been in both situations, no. Getting blown the gently caress up every week just makes poo poo horrible to bear. At least if you're competitive, there's a reason to watch most games. If you've got an offense putting up 70 yards a game and a defense that makes Chad Henne look like Peyton Manning, what's the consolation? Oh cool. We broke the record for most penalty yards in a season. How funny. Those years are by far the most boring. Bad teams aren't entertaining. They just do nothing. It's like watching a scrimmage, or Alabama playing St. Peters Barbers College.

• Locked thread