Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

There, I fixed the thread

gently caress 0-16 Watch. That's just for one season.

QB Watch: The Houston Texans starts now. What's your opinion on O/U of years it takes before they get a good one? I'm thinking 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

js86 posted:

Meanwhile in Baltimore, Marc Trestman is doing to Joe Flacco what he did to Jay Cutler. That man really is a QB guru.

0-16 Watch: The Baltimore Ravens starts Thursday night when Vick has an MVP game

pls kill me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Lions will beat the Bears both times. The only question is if they'll be beating Cutler both times, or Clausen to go 1-5 and then Cutler when it's meaningless in the second game and both teams have given up on playoff contention

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

enm

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 2, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lions, you're our only hope

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lions can easily lose at least 1 of those 3. 2 if Gabbert's playing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ESPNStatsInfo
The Lions have been the last remaining winless team in the NFL 8 times, the most of any team

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chump Farts posted:

i just want to see one super bowl before i die

i am 27 and statistically have 50-60 years left

i don't think it happens, guys

Don't have kids. If you do, the goal will become "maybe they'll see a Super Bowl before they die" and then the situation and realization that no they won't will be even sadder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This thread gets to last at least one more week :woop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A bright side has been reached: Dan Orlovsky throwing passes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

If the Lions manage to go 0-16 a second time in less than 10 years, Goodell should make one of those wildly overreaching moves he does from time to time and contract them from the NFL entirely.

Or at least be forced to trade or release Calvin Johnson. Grant him mercy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/653342291365507073

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sandman7773/status/653348475275493376

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Caldwell says he's not changing any coaches this week. Also Stafford's starting.

Things are looking good for this thread staying alive until at least Thanksgiving.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The tradition of firing people after London losses must be continued. Logically there's no way Reid or Smith are canned, so it only makes sense the Lions will lose and Lombardi's gone then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

If they blow it next week at home against Chicago I think there's a very real chance that they go winless. Caldwell and Lombardi have no idea what they're doing and I wouldn't be surprised if players have started checking out for the season. If Chicago beats them on their own turf then they'll definitely start checking out and the current regime won't be able to get them back. At this point I'd say their only winnable games are Chicago next week and hosting SF in Week 16. Saints fans would have you think otherwise but I don't think this Detroit team can win in NO. They even lost a winnable game through a freak accident that maybes comes up once in an entire season across all teams, just like in 2008!

I know I've been crowing about how I knew long before this season that Detroit's window was closed, and how no one should have any expectations for them this year, but even so they have looked completely awful. I'm honestly surprised at how far they've fallen but I know I shouldn't be.

One person stood up and talked to the locker room after the game reportedly.

That person?

Josh Bynes. Backup linebacker Josh Bynes.

Between that, their on-field performance, and a player comparing how he feels now to how he felt when someone he loved died, they've already checked out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol that anyone's still under the impression they could be saved

I'd say "someday, everyone will realize they won't see a Lions championship in their lifetime" but jesus christ. They had the best running back of all time and never even came close. They had the best receiver of all time and became the first team to go 0-16. Do they really need to also waste away the best quarterback of all time and the best coach of all time for people to comprehend this team is never achieving success?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Magicpants posted:

idgi, why would Brady and Belchick go the Lions?

Once they get 19-0, their only challenge left before retirement will be "Can we prove we can dominate on even the worst team?"

The answer will be a no, but it will lead to beautiful tantrum gifs, which will make it worthwhile

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

To be fair, Jahvid Best was great until his brain exploded.

Didn't that technically happen in college

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/revoke-detroit-lions-passports-once-they-arrive-london-november-2-2015-game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ShaneNFL
#Lions beat writer: "Why did you kick a field goal down 28 points in the fourth quarter?" Caldwell: "We'd already thrown in the towel."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they beat Green Bay with Rodgers playing, even if it's the one and only win they get all year, nobody will be fired because of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2959684&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11

Brings a tear to my eye re-reading :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1-15 Watch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

I stopped paying attention after the bears took the 4th quarter lead, why are you mad at them?

Massive holding on the big play that caused the Lions to get in gamewinning FG range

ed: Thought you meant the refs, oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Rename this Thread the Race for the Number One pick.

• Locked thread