Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Cooper's first NFL TD for those who missed it

http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/2/150920_bp_Carr_to_Cooper_td_298167_3200k.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

Volkerball would you rather have Carr+Cooper or Teddy+Leonard?

This isn't even close.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Yes. The real opportunity to have gotten Teddy was when the tradeup with the Seahawks was happening.

What did it cost the vikings?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

A 4th. It would've cost the Raiders the pick they used on Jelly.

So that makes it even more "not even close"

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Six is as high as I'll go-
CHI twice
NO
SF
OAK
STL

And even that's assuming quite a bit (Chicago and NO stay injured, Oakland can't cope with a 1 EST kickoff). Anything past that and you need to really convince me. Unless someone implodes hard, maybe bad Philly will show up for Thanksgiving.

Lol, the Raiders just won a game in that time zone.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

Possibly, you could be right. That's why I said "might not have been that special" instead of "wouldn't have been." I just have to wonder with how much stronger and faster every defender is if he'd be less effective. If you could bring the 85 Bears defense through a time machine to 2015, you'd probably rather have the scrubs the Bears have now. But who knows.

Those guys were products of their times, though. Luckman could have been one of the greats if he was born today because he'd have modern training techniques, not eating 5 packs of cigs and a fifth of JD a day for a part time job after spending four years fighting in the Pacific.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

Exactly, which is why I'm saying you have to judge them for the success they had in their era, not who would be the best nowadays. The answer to the second is almost invariably the player with the latest training techniques, most advanced diet, etc.

i.e., Luckman and Payton are the best QB and RB in Bears history, regardless of whether they'd be successful in this era on paper.

yeah, we're in total agreement but I've seen TFF basically discount anyone before certain dates because they don't measure up to today's athlete. Hell, you did it right here-

Nail Rat posted:

Walter Payton might not have been that special in today's NFL(and none of the 85 Bears defense guys would have, for sure)

We don't know that.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ya know, I've never actually blamed Brady or the Pats for this, it was a lovely interpretation of a bad rule, all on the loving refs.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

lol

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Bears actually have a pretty decent defense, at least better than the final scores indicate. If Cutler plays tomorrow and they can keep his pocket clean, it'll be a tough game for the Raiders who I still think are a 6-10/7-9 team. Oakland is getting Jelly Ellis(All Rookie team DL) back and the Bears are missing a couple o-linemen, including their LT, so Cutler needs to be at 100% or it's going to be a long day as the Raiders found their pass rush last week.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Niners are going to pick first overall in a year with a great QB prospect from Cal and get it right this time

If I keep saying it, it's gonna happen

It would be awesome if you guys get Goff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

i want to get goff

You're one of my favorite posters and your sports grief spurs your best work, you can't have nice things, sorry.

Also, don't die. goddammit.

• Locked thread