Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Dexo posted:

Bring back Todd Collins.

That's possibly the only backup Clausen has outplayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Rookie: What about that shadowy place?

Cutler: That's the Super Bowl, you will never go there.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Dexo posted:

Tim Tebow low key would have been an amazing QB to have with the offense they decided to run this past game.

The Bears literally ran the Wildcat on Sunday.

Yeah, if they weren't going to throw more than 15 times anyway, at least have a guy who can run for a first. Instead, we have a guy that slides after 2 yards and pops up to talk poo poo to their D-line.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

warcrimes posted:

Those guys were products of their times, though. Luckman could have been one of the greats if he was born today because he'd have modern training techniques, not eating 5 packs of cigs and a fifth of JD a day for a part time job after spending four years fighting in the Pacific.

poo poo, Kyle Orton does that and he turned out OK.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

That's a shame that Gruden would be enough of a poo poo to do that.

Being anti-Cutler isn't a particularly bold stance in the national media. Just look at all the shots the ugly NFL.com writers take. Weird that its usually guys like Schein, La Canfora and Orr.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Parmesan Basil posted:

Boff for Goff, if you ask me

Goof for Goff.

His O-line can be the Goff Trough.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Pernell McPhee balls, y'all. Defense is not the dumpster fire GB and Clausen starting made them look.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Knyteguy posted:

Well Martha Ford is a Firestone right?

Didn't they have an issue with their tires basically exploding about a decade back? Should be good practice.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Was Starscream truly the abject fuckup? Megatron made a ton of boneheaded calls over the course of the TV show. Starscream was certainly reckless, but its hard to fault him vying for leadership when Megatron loses basically every time.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

BGrifter posted:

Does this mean the Packers are the Autobots? I'm guessing Rodgers is Optimus Prime, Clay Matthews is Grimlock, Lacy is Ironhide.

The Transformers are cool and fun to root for, so the Packers can be Bots Master or something, idk.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Which makes every lions coach Megatron, and Calvin and Barry Shockwave.

Soundwave was pretty a'ight too, though I'm not sure who would be who in this example.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope they go winless and it somehow leads to a GM change

2-14 with sweeping the Packers would also do that, and its the right thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Magicpants posted:

This Tight End, Mike. This Guy. Used to play basketball in college. He's a big, physical guy, he can go up and bring you down some of those rebounds. When he got drafted into the National Football League, Coach said "Hey, use those big hands of yours and catch some oblate spheroids at the Tight End Position." This kid is a big fan of anime, Mike. He taught me words like desu and hentai. We watched a film together, Mike. Called it Ghost. In. The. Shell. I learned some things, Mike. Get this, the mind exists on a plane outside the physical world. Your consciousness depends on your ability to question your own consciousness. I'm talking about. Robots. With Human. Souls. Mike. I'm talking about grappling with the nature of your own existence. What are you in that interstitial space between Man and Machine, Mike? Ha, I'll tell ya, tackling with that can be tougher than tackling this big Fullback. It is Fascinating Stuff. Mike.

Mike: And the pass is over to the fullback for a short gain, looks to be good enough for a First before he's brought down.

That was a very hentai Catch, Mike.

• Locked thread