Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GNU Order posted:

FUN THREAD CHALLENGE

try to name a single player on the bears defense without looking it up

I remember Pernell McPhee and Shea McClellin because they were the guys that Gronk was embarrassing over and over again last year.

... I think you also have that old Cowboys DT... Jay Ratliff right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait wait, Pernell McPhee was the guy who they signed from the Ravens right?

Damnit, I listen to way too much of the Grantland NFL podcast. Poor Robert Mays and his hapless Bears.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Crow_Robot posted:

Why is the Bears' roster so empty of talent?

Cheap ownership/bad GM/what?

Well, their first round pick is the guy who was to replace Brandon Marshall who they shipped out, but he's injured.

Looking at (relevant) players from their drafts:

2014:
1- CB Kyle Fuller
2- DT Ego Ferguson
3- DT Will Sutton
4- CB BRock Vereen

2013:
1- G Kyle Long
2- LB JOnathan Bostic
4- LB Khaseem Greene

2012:
1- DE Shea McCLellin
2- WR ALshon Jeffery
3- DB Brandon Hardin
4- TE Evan Rodriguez

2011:
1- T Gabe Carimi
2- DT Stephen Paea
3- DB Chris Conte

2010:
3- DB Major Wright
4- DE Corey Wootton

2009:
3- DT Jarron Gilbert
3- WR Juaquin Iglesias
4- DE Henry Melton
4- DB DJ MOore

So this should be the core of their team. 2009 and 10 first rounders were for Jay Cutler, which makes sense.

And I don't recognize a lot of these guys (which tells you a lot right there), and basically it looks like they've thrown a ton of picks at trying to fix their OL, DL and secondary and not really hit on anywhere enough of those guys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fox was brought on to fix the defense, which is so devoid of talent it needs a few drafts worth of guys to fix. The offense was supposed to be what it was supposed to be last year. A good enough QB throwing to two good WR's, a really good running back and solid enough other weapons. But instead, both WR's are hurt, the QB got injured and the offense is hosed.

• Locked thread