Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Making fun of the Lions just seems like piling on, though. I've never been able to hold any true animosity, especially since Suh left

It's like having a rivalry with Lil' BUB.

Except Lil' BUB fights through adversity and is lovable and the Lions are garbage in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hizawk posted:

So... I've watched every Lions game in my adult life, but, I dont know, poo poo, I'm really tempted to just watch red zone during Lions games now.

Do it, it's the best thing ever to only have to watch the Lions for a maximum of five minutes.

Also I am not a big fan of the incessant crowing of Packers fans in this thread.

This is a thread for losers and you are not welcome!!!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If the Lions manage to go 0-16 a second time in less than 10 years, Goodell should make one of those wildly overreaching moves he does from time to time and contract them from the NFL entirely.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chris James 2 posted:

Or at least be forced to trade or release Calvin Johnson. Grant him mercy.

Yes, it is not enough to just force them to become the London Lions or whatever. Calvin is now Barry Sanders. FREE HIM. FREE HIM, ROGER.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Bip Roberts posted:

Rodgers 2 Megatron.

Free him to any team except for the Packers, solely because of the smugness potential of their already sore winner fans :colbert:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chris James 2 posted:

Caldwell says he's not changing any coaches this week. Also Stafford's starting.

Things are looking good for this thread staying alive until at least Thanksgiving.

The Lions will lose on Thanksgiving, as is tradition

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Every loving thread regarding the NFL or a team in the NFL turns into Packers Chat. All of em.

Get out of here with your winning football team, you goddamn bullies! This is supposed to be a safe space for Lions Fans from their worthless franchise.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I watch college football to avoid the Lions, and Michigan just lost to Michigan State on the most Lions-est play you could ever imagine.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

By the end of the 0-16 season I had progressed beyond wanting them to go 0-16 to just simply not caring about them anymore.

And now that they're a legit threat to do it again I'm just happy I have NFL Red Zone so I'm only subjected to them being aggressively lovely for like 5 minutes tops.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The dream is over: The Lions are merely putrid instead of legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Excelzior posted:

also :laffo: at needing every last bit of effort to beat the Chicago Bears

just sayin'

that game was basically a cripple fight

Nobody is saying this was anything but a cripple fight.

• Locked thread