Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Volkerball posted:

bostick or something like that? linebacker who's been in the league for maybe 2 years now?

I suppose Jon Bostic is technically on the roster, but he is always injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Bears do have a tight end on the field. The Bears strategy is to not let Pickles do anything, however. This raises the question of why they extended him when they know he's not capable.

Probably because they thought Clausen was so bad that no one on Chicago Sports Radio would ever demand that the Bears bench Cutler for him.

But they didn't know the true pain of Chicago Sports Radio.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Do the Bears have any decent defensive backs they can trade to the Patriots for peanuts for no good reason? That seems like the next logical step to the "gently caress it we give up" plan.

:lol: The Bears pretty much have no decent members in their secondary.

Amos might not be terrible, but he's nothing special yet as a rookie.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Volkerball posted:

NFC championship game against the Packers iirc.

Nah, Hanie was better than the immortal Todd Collins in that game.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Cutler was 6/14 for piss in that game, then Hanie came in and the offense showed some life. I thought Cutler was healthy until he got hurt in that one.

Nah, he was hobbling around the entire game. Hanie showed life when the Green Bay D was in a prevent to start the 4th, then threw a pick to Raji when they actually decided to play D again.

Although both of them looked like Aaron Rodgers compared to Todd Collins, who couldn't even complete a pass.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Catfish Stevens posted:

What's Curtis Painter doing these days?

If the Bears are going to get any other QBs in 2015, it better be Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton. :colbert:

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

GNU Order posted:

2nd and 6, 5:13 in the first quarter

Nah, that's at the end of the 1st half, less than a minute to go.

But it was still a real dumb mistake anyway. I think I heard that Fox and Fangio got mixed up on either the time to play or how many timeouts the Seahawks had left.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

All of Chicago rallies around its hero quarterback, bravely coming back from injury to lead the Bears to victory against the feared Oakland Raiders.

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/650780817766002688

quote:

Martellus Bennett said of Jay Cutler criticism: "They threw stones at Jesus, and Jesus was an excellent guy who did a lot of awesome stuff."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is a very likable poo poo bears team

Except for Jimmy Clausen.

• Locked thread