Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the lions response to this has been beyond pathetic and this is shaping up to be one hell of a lovely season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Dattserberg posted:

http://cbsloc.al/1LgiTaC

A good response from Mike Valenti on the organizations handling of the situation.

oh, i already heard it and agree with nearly every goddamn word

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

You're not going 0-16 this year. The Saints can lose to anyone.

We have been here before. This is what everyone said.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Valenti and Foster starting with circus music hahaha

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Bill Ford Jr's great accomplishments:

- Being born a Ford.
- Realizing he is so far out of his depth at fixing Ford he let someone competent take over.
- Acknowledging that Matt Millen sucks.

if he hired a gm as good at being a gm as mulally was at being a ceo, im down with this

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

@ShaneNFL
#Lions beat writer: "Why did you kick a field goal down 28 points in the fourth quarter?" Caldwell: "We'd already thrown in the towel."

kill me

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Besides next week hosting Chicago and week 16 hosting SF, what do you all think their best chance of winning is? Those are obviously the easy picks (but really, I'm of the opinion that if they're going to lose, lose them all and secure a top draft pick). Not saying they should tank, I really don't believe in that, but God drat something has to change.

i hope they go winless and it somehow leads to a GM change

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Filthy Casual posted:

2-14 with sweeping the Packers would also do that, and its the right thing to do.

"we felt there was no need to make sweeping changes in a panic. we really showed heart out there against one of the best teams in the league, and making rash decisions when all the pieces are there to succeed would be foolhardy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

nah, the victory will be hollow. i want to beat green bay in lambeau, and then see them miss the playoffs while we go in

• Locked thread