Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
You stupid mother fuckers, the Raiders will probably win at least 3 games this year. maybe 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't I tell you Raiders fans that Derek Carr is a bad motherfucker?

Pretty sure I told you he's a bad motherfucker.

Derek owns.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

Nope you are wrong. Cutler was playing on a torn acl for a large portion of that game. Didn't get pulled til after the first Drive in the third, then todd collins came in and sucked it up, then Caleb threw a pick 6 to a effing nose tackle.

And Raji almost pulled a Leon Lett with it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Todd Collins is one of those guys that you can't help but wonder how in the hell he got a job in the NFL that wasn't as a ball boy.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Cutler has bigger numbers but in terms of impact? No way. He is easily the best Bears QB since Luckman, though.

Nail Rat posted:

Walter Payton might not have been that special in today's NFL(and none of the 85 Bears defense guys would have, for sure), but they're not going to start listing Matt Forte as the greatest Bears running back of all time.
I don't know, man. Some guys I feel like, they could play in any era. Sweetness is one of those guys.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Nail Rat posted:

Possibly, you could be right. That's why I said "might not have been that special" instead of "wouldn't have been." I just have to wonder with how much stronger and faster every defender is if he'd be less effective. If you could bring the 85 Bears defense through a time machine to 2015, you'd probably rather have the scrubs the Bears have now. But who knows.

Right, but if Payton was 23 and alive right now, with his raw athleticism and vision combined with modern athletics... poo poo dude. Imagine a less physical but more shifty peak Adrian Peterson.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well, today's athlete is definitely bigger, stronger and faster. But if you take some of those guys who were superior athletes back in the day, and transpose them into now, I bet you'd still get elite results.

For example, imagine Bo Jackson born in 1990. Without that necrotic hip thing. He'd destroy the NFL.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Knyteguy posted:

* hot takes * from facebook

Easy enough right guys?

Yeah man, guys like Rodgers and Peyton are totally easy to find, why are 20+ teams starting mediocre-to-bad QBs, y'all are so dumb :derp:

And the Bears are bad but they're not 0-16 bad. They'll find 3 games to win somewhere, at least. They have to play the Lions twice.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I guess we just have to clone Rodgers.

Wait. Nevermind, gently caress that.

Unless the secret is something only known by the Packers front office, and no one else figures it out.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Magicpants posted:

the dumbest thing she said was giving Peyton Manning as an example of a QB that can run and pass

I mean, c'mon, Peyton can't pass anymore

:laffo:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
As bad as the Bears are, I don't think they're bad enough to even go 2-14. In fact, I don't think anyone will this year. The worst record will be at least 3-4 wins unless something horrible happens. Like, more horrible than the Cutler injury.

Now if Forte were to also get hurt while Cutler's still out, yeah the Bears could lose 14 games. Other than that, uh. I mean maybe the Bucs? That team is hot garbage and could still win 3 or 4 more games and end up at least 5-11. In fact, I think 5-11 was my prediction for them this year.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 3, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pron on VHS posted:

yeah he was definitely great at Arkansas, don't know what happened to him in the NFL. Injuries probably. Has he ever topped 800 yards rushing?

He could have run for 10k yards in the NFL if his body wasn't literally made of loving glass.

The guy just can't stay healthy. It never helped that he's just too tall and lanky to be a NFL RB, and he runs upright at 6'2, so his legs are always getting destroyed.

Basically he's the Chad Pennington of running backs. Could have been incredible, made of loving glass.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 3, 2015

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

he was averaging drat near 200 total yards a game in 2009 and 2010. Never came close to staying healthy for a full season though.

Yeah the closest he got was 2010.

In only 13 games he had 1600 yards from scrimmage and 10 TDs. Imagine that kind of pace if he could have ever stayed healthy...

He could have been amazing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the lions response to this has been beyond pathetic and this is shaping up to be one hell of a lovely season

I'm fine with that, because gently caress the Lions.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Petite Dinklage posted:

Making fun of the Lions just seems like piling on, though. I've never been able to hold any true animosity, especially since Suh left

Eh, yeah... I don't have any real animosity there either anymore, but gently caress 'em anyway because they're in our division.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Knyteguy posted:

Football is bad. Lions aren't going 0-16 though.

Nah. If all else fails the Lions will beat the Packers in Detroit. They've done that pretty reliably over the past few years.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

LabyaMynora posted:

Meh, after their 0-16 season I felt bad for them and thought, "wouldn't it be great if they won just one season?" but then there was Jim Schwartz and Suh stomping on a center's chest on Thanksgiving Day and I've learned my lesson; gently caress mercy, gently caress pity, and gently caress the Lions forever.

I like you, let's be friends.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

Rodgers 2 Megatron.
Oh god yes.
:fap: :circlefap: :flashfap:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Does this mean the Packers are the Autobots? I'm guessing Rodgers is Optimus Prime, Clay Matthews is Grimlock, Lacy is Ironhide.

Randall Cobb is Jazz

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yes: Manning, Eli

:boom:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Petite Dinklage posted:

Is it every NFC North Team's dream to sweep the Packers, even if it means they go 2-14?

Apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Magicpants posted:

This Tight End, Mike. This Guy. Used to play basketball in college. He's a big, physical guy, he can go up and bring you down some of those rebounds. When he got drafted into the National Football League, Coach said "Hey, use those big hands of yours and catch some oblate spheroids at the Tight End Position." This kid is a big fan of anime, Mike. He taught me words like desu and hentai. We watched a film together, Mike. Called it Ghost. In. The. Shell. I learned some things, Mike. Get this, the mind exists on a plane outside the physical world. Your consciousness depends on your ability to question your own consciousness. I'm talking about. Robots. With Human. Souls. Mike. I'm talking about grappling with the nature of your own existence. What are you in that interstitial space between Man and Machine, Mike? Ha, I'll tell ya, tackling with that can be tougher than tackling this big Fullback. It is Fascinating Stuff. Mike.

Mike: And the pass is over to the fullback for a short gain, looks to be good enough for a First before he's brought down.

That was a very hentai Catch, Mike.

I love everything about this post :allears:

• Locked thread