Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is there a worse roster in the NFL than the Bears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

JT Jag posted:

I'll have you know that Blake Bortles is on pace to throw 3700 yards, 26 touchdowns and 16 interceptions!!!

hahahahaha

In 2004 that would have been a pretty respectable stat line.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Geaux Lions

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

computer parts posted:

I wish their uniforms were a slightly darker shade of blue, because it's almost perfect but as it stands now it's just bad.

Which I guess sums up the franchise as a whole.

I wish they didn't have the staggeringly stupid-looking sweat patches on their uniforms.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fenrir posted:

Nah. If all else fails the Lions will beat the Packers in Detroit. They've done that pretty reliably over the past few years.

3-2 in the current decade (4-6 for the past ten years) isn't really all that reliable, and the Lions of 2013 and 2014 were significantly better than the 2015 Lions.

I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility, mind you.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Ted Thompson shrewdly offers a 5th round pick for Calvin "Megatron" Johnson. He wipes his brow of stress perspiration. Such value, put all on the line...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

Caldwell says he's not changing any coaches this week. Also Stafford's starting.

Things are looking good for this thread staying alive until at least Thanksgiving.

vs Bears, vs Vikings, London Chiefs, bye, Doom, vs Raiders, vs Eagles on Thanksgiving.

I feel the Lions will sneak at least one or two of those games. If Jamaal Charles has an ACL, then the KC could be ripe for picking.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

computer parts posted:

Their defense is fine, it seems like their offense is the main issue, and of that the main problem is the line and the running game (which might also be the line).

Stafford's probably not ideal but he's better than anyone who's coming up in the draft and/or free agency.

With Andy Dalton's ascension I think we may need to rename it the Stafford Line.

He still has an unreal arm and Calvin Johnson, the Lions just need to bring someone in to unfuck him. Too bad Arians got snapped up by Arizona.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

Mike Sullivan ‏@MikeSullivan

Golden Tate on fans: "I felt like at times our fan base turned their back on us. We expect them to be w/ us better next week. We need them."

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Since 2010, the Lions are the only team in the NFL to spend three first- or second-round picks on running backs (Jahvid Best first round in 2010, Mikel Leshoure second round in ’11, Ameer Abdullah second round in ’15).

From 2010 to ’14, the Lions have finished 23rd, 29th, 23rd, 17th and 28th in rushing.

Four games into this season, they’re dead last with 47.0 yards per game and 2.7 yards per carry.

Time to look at the GM?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Volkerball posted:

if you were a fan of a good team i would just assume you were a naive dumbass, but..what

Better to be memorably bad than just low-grade depressively and forgettably bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/655755229334376448

Andrew Siciliano Verified account
‏@AndrewSiciliano
Matthew Stafford has a passer rating of 0.5 when targeting Calvin Johnson on passes of 15+ yards this year. In 2014 that rating was 82.9.

• Locked thread