Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Gyra_Solune posted:

you can't really count Gundam because basically all of those mechs ever are designed primarily to work in space and the legs are some scientific thing for inertial control that just happen to work okay at stomping about on land

I don't think this is a fair criticism to apply to 08th MS Team since 1) it's one of the shows that uses its environment really, really well and 2) all the units are specifically tuned for ground combat and would not, in fact, work in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

I saw a clip of Mazinkaiser SKL, and it looked like stupid edgelord garbage. Confirm/deny?

Should I watch it anyway? Y/N?

Confirm, and Y

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Droyer posted:

It's very good. The OVAs not so much, except Mellowlink

Eh, they're hit-and-miss. Pailsen Files is probably my #1 favorite piece of animated work right now, and the other ones that take place before the show are pretty good, but I haven't really been able to get into most of the post-show ones.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Frontier was great

Frontier was alright, but it's far from perfect. There's definitely a lot more otaku pandering in it than any other Macross show (like the character that turns into a loli), and they tossed out the franchise's unique melee attacks (Pinpoint Barrier Punch) for boring old beam knives.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
As someone who also wasn't a big fan of Gurren Lagann, I recommend Shin Mazinger, that was 2009.

Also, you could try the GL movies. They condense GL in a much more watchable way, like the original Gundam movies do for that series.