Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how would that work for patlabor, though? there would be a revolver, a shotgun and the ammo. patlabors are never more heavily armed than that and even the shotgun is used sparingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
arc doesn't follow from any of the ovas but even the basic premise is heavily dependent on what happened at the end of the getter robo go manga. so, some setup is required. i'm just surprised they are going through that much effort since, you know, getter continuity. however, an extended flashback allows ryouma to show up when otherwise he'd be entirely absent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

That made me realize that I genuinely can't remember what the main singer lady's deal was. I remember it was a mystery, she was an enigmatic character, but I straight up have zero memory of what was eventually revealed about her. And seeing her as a weird cyber lady in that promo jogs no memories.

1. giant amazing hair
2. made in a lab, is actually only a few years old

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you probably don't remember the back half of delta because it was terrible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Siegkrow posted:

Okay but if the (WORLD GOVERNMENT!) is evil, who do you trust to account the PMCs?

that's easy. idols!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's true of a lot of shows

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i don't really get j-decker.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Droyer posted:

What's to get? It's a boy solving crime with his best friend, who happens to be a giant robot.

i'm used to there being even a flimsy, lazy excuse for why a kid has to go on dangerous adventures. usually it is a secret and/or the kid is special in some way. in j-decker it is just some random mundane kid that every single adult decided should go hang around fights between robots and madmen for no particular reason. he almost dies almost every episode!

i know it is wish fulfillment in a children's show but it all seems so deranged.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in pokemon every child leaves home for the life of a vagrant animal trainer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Droyer posted:

He's the impetus for Deckerd becoming sentient and he showed both incredible bravery and good situational awareness before he was made a police officer. Seems good enough for a kid's show to me.

that'd be a good reason for them to remain friends and spend time together. you could make a show out of that premise, easy. instead they let a small child be in charge. it's a children's super robot show, but it simply goes too far for suspension of disbelief. this just isn't for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's more that there isn't a culture or reason around the reckless child endangerment. it's just this one perfectly normal boy that everyone has decided to use as the obvious glowing weak point for the hero robot squad. there were a lot of opportunities in the first few episodes to make the kid somehow irreplaceable to the entire process but instead it was always a deliberate choice to include him. at any point they could replace him with an adult or even leave the robots to act autonomously, but instead they let the bratty child arrest people.

mamoru in ggg was pretty annoying a lot of the time, but at least he had a reason to be there!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not watching it anymore. i was asked what my problem was with it, then i explained that, then i explained it further when people were incredulous that i had that particular problem with it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would not call dorothy a self-insert unless that self is an amazing deranged lesbian.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the goat legs

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the robot fights are by far the least interesting part of braiger.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hated basara from the first episode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol this mf'er thinks madoka invented dark magical girls.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
devilman, obviously.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the main mech looks pretty rad

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you shouldn't judge fictions by their fandom because every fandom is terrible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the animation is, uh, adequate most of the time. everything else is great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everyone wants a piece of japan's rich natural resources, such as

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kyoukai senki might go real hard into right wing nationalism, i dunno. but i also don't care because the show is boring.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
star driver was all style and no substance but it still compares favorably to shows that didn't have either.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i gave up on the entire franchise halfway through ao. what a loving dogshit show that was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you meet a retcon on the road, kill it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
patlabor 3 is mostly kind of pointless.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
making it a patlabor film removes any teeth it might have had. it is two cops investigating a giant monster, and oh no! regular cops can't do anything about giant monsters. but oh right it is patlabor so you can just call in the police mecha unit to handle that sort of thing. problem solved!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you didn't like the first episode of delta then you won't like the rest of it. it's all downhill from there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i noticed that psybuster was on crunchyroll, so i was like "oh, i like that recurring srw character so i'll try watching it." i regret my hasty actions and will endeavor to do better in the future.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think i could have accepted all the other problems if they hadn't ditched the tactical jetpack idol concert concept. oh, so it isn't practical while a bunch of fashy bishies were trying to kill them, so what? who gives a poo poo about practicality in a show about the inherent space magic of idols?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
forgetting argevollen is what argevollen is for, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
did they at least invent some natural resource that would make all the hassle worth it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao at buying into us propaganda. they aren't even good at it any more.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still think the crude early cg in vandread looks good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that sounds more like reverse ibo, where everyone except the mc gets royally hosed up by piloting. getting hosed up by losing while piloting is a whole other issue.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
s1: real robots vs. overpowered super robots
s2: everyone has super robots, and also the robots are boring

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the usual problem with planned multimedia projects is that the anime the rest is all based around loving sucks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's simple, really. pacifism is what you do when your assassination attempt against your father's killer fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
flag was really goofy and dumb despite trying to be a serious war drama.