Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Problems are solved through action, and I've got a hell of a lot of action to work through.

*cracks knuckles*

It's only four pages in the thread, you can probably handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I've always liked the idea that the pilot riding around inside the robot mirrors that of the soul riding around inside the body. In just about every mecha show there's a scene where the pilot opens the door to have a heart-to-hear conversation with another pilot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

My problem with mecha is that sometimes it fetishizes technology in a way that is almost spiritual, as if all we had to do is put our faith in technology progressing fast enough that it will somehow solve all of the world's problems. World hunger? Global warming? AIDS? Just throw enough nanobots at things and everything will solve itself! No, we don't need social reforms everything is fine just the way it is now let me tell you about the singularity.

Contrast this to something like Captain Planet in which technology is unquestionably evil and it is only magic that can save humanity, although I guess this gets you into Sufficiently Advanced territory if you ride it far enough.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit : nope

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just finished my first viewing of Big O. Wish I'd watched it sooner.

Gonna have to think about that ending a bit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

It could be any number of things, looking at it now.

Looks like a guy with curved sideburns looking toward the guy getting out of the car.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

Hoolllllyyyyy shiiiiiiittttt FMP! Season 4 is acutally happening

Oh yes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

article: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/72006

WHAT THE gently caress IS EVEN HAPPENING ANYMORE. THAT CONCEPT ART. ARGH

If you're worried about the image at the top it's the cover to the Ending Day By Day part 2 light novel, the second half of the Second Raid story.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ryand-Smith posted:

So if I got the 4chan announcement right (am on mobile so can't read threads) are we getting a new fmp season?

Look one page back.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Oh god i want it, probably not 130 dollars worth of want, but still...

http://www.hype.tokyo/products/supe...karu-ichijo-use

I have the Roy Fokker version of this when it came out 12 years ago. It's a nice figure.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Motto posted:

they're mainly a real estate business or something.

Yup, and somehow they were tied up with Italian scumbag Silvio Berlusconi.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

This may not be the best place, but does anyone have a US complete collection of EVA they'd want to part with? Im looking for a friend.

Bunch of them up for $50 on ebay, if that helps. I think the 3-disc sets are bootlegs but there are legit ones available for that price.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'd be amazed if Funi wasn't working on Blu-ray rights for it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

After you finish watch both episodes of Ideon/off. They're on YouTube, in two parts each.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Now Ideon/Off!

I/O Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QYEs1oRpk
I/O Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CkWIso34kw

I/O2: Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9S1kzu5lXM
I/O2: Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrmGiegNXok

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I didn't realize the voice of dub Domon had passed away.

https://twitter.com/hermitsherpa/status/805279848755122176

RIP.

Lucas has spread incorrect information before so look for other verification. I haven't found anything yet.

Edit: yup, it's more bullshit courtesy of Lucas.
https://mobile.twitter.com/hermitsherpa/status/805480574848638976

Midjack fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 4, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I mean... yeah? It's explicitly a slice-of-life comedy spin off of the actual FMP.

It's the comedy parts of the first four books and short story collection that didn't make it into the first season plus a couple of stories written for the TV show specifically.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

muike posted:

i really like fmp because of the cold war alternate history setting and technological aspect and characters and i love gates ok please stop causing me emotional distress

i got your back mang

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I read the various fan translations​ of the novels before Sigma caught up and Sigma's editing is waaaaaaay better.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

A lot of people on this forum seem really down on FMP but I like it, but it should be mentioned that the third season in particular has problems and the whole story hasn't been adapted into an anime yet. I'm reading the books right now and enjoying them quite a lot. Also yeah FMP has a pretty big comedy focus, the second season in particular is purely comedy and has no robofighting, but the comedy's funny so i don't really think that's a problem.

There are fanlations of all the light novels for FMP floating around, if you want more than the four books Tokyopop put out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

That's Tristan and Aeon, the male and female lead from the surprisingly great PS2 JRPG MS Saga(Gundam True Odyssey in Japan).

Frankly, I'm absolutely amazed that anyone else remembered that game existed.

I actually have a copy but have never played it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It's probably worth watching IBO if you expect a flawed show which isn't quite able to reach the depths it is trying to hit but has some individual extremely strong moments.

gundamshowreview.rtf

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

khy posted:

FMP ranks among the best shows I've seen and this and the new TV series is amazing news.

Since the LN Ended, I wonder where I can find spoilers. I'm genuinely curious how the love triangle was resolved.

The full translated text of all the light novels is floating around, but I can address your spoiler. Kaname and Souske get together. Tessa leaves with someone else.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's the worst transformation I've ever seen

It's better than Ideon but not by much.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Was this a good find?

I'm just going to go ahead and say yes to this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unmature posted:

So the movie isn't good?

I have basically no knowledge of Mazinger and thought it was a fine time. I think I would have gotten more payoff if I knew who anyone was going into it, but it's enjoyable even in a vacuum.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unmature posted:

Just saw the Mazinger movie in the theater with zero knowledge of the franchise and it did absolutely nothing for me. Some of the action was cool but with zero character context not much of it grabbed me. Since it's Go Nagai I expected it to be a bit more involved and not so surface punchy punchy robots. Felt like a regular-rear end robot anime and really nothing special. Didn't feel at all like a cinematic experience.

Nagai had nothing to do with this movie and it shows.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

Tekkaman Blade is cool, but I'm watching it alongside original 70s Tekkaman and holy poo poo 70s Tekkaman owns so hard.

The last episode I watched had Tekkaman have gay sex with a space bird to explode everything and save the world.

:parrot::birddrugs:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thanks, I'll give the novels a shot!

The first four were translated by Tokyopop, but after that you'll be in fanlations and some of them are rough. PM me if you need help tracking them down.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

The solution is Garzey's Wing

Please don't troll the mecha thread.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Watch it dubbed, for the best possible time

If you have to do it, this is the only way to do it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

...uh, will I need to have seen the rest of FMP before Invisible Victory? If so, better get on that.

Probably yes, given how the novels went.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I like the title Invisible Victory because it can be abbreviated as IV, and its the fourth FMP show.

And there's where the name came from. I was racking my memory trying to figure out what reference was and all I could come up with was some oblique ECS thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zore posted:

Also based on where the Novels/Manga go, this season should basically be just drama.

Especially since Fumoffu already adapted most of the later comedy scenes.

The Side Arms books had a number of light-hearted scenes while the main novels got more serious as it went, so there is still a decent amount of comedy to insert.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yes, Sigma didn't pull in anything from Side Arms 2 so it followed the more serious tone of the mainline novels. It followed them pretty closely, though, and the scanlations are a much easier read than some of the fanlated novels were.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Artum posted:

It's some primo-tier robot punching and has nothing as egregiously stupid as the analog/digital jaeger line from the first one, give it a go if your after a fix of mecha.

I feel like the diesel engine line was the more nonsensical Gipsy Danger accolade.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The beginning of the third trimester likely has special significance there so it's probably just chunky editing. But yeah, kinda silly without context.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I would buy it regardless of advertising or current political environment.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

How weird is it that I spilled my Alphabits this morning and they spelled out the full text of the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union guess I found the title for my new Armored Core dating sim

Yes hello I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oblique Angle posted:

holy gently caress

i need it

:yeah: