Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I watched Lelouche of the Re;Surrection over the weekend, and it’s so funny that my girlfriend and I went from watching the series of Code Geass to Jojo, because there’s so much Jojo DNA in the former. Re;Surrection’s villain’s power is just a couple tweaks away from Bites the Dust from JJBA Part 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
R2 gets kinda messy in the middle, but it’s a fun ride to remember some of the wacked-out poo poo. Remember the One Million Zeros scene?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Lelouch of the Re;surrection had the really funny reveal that the villain’s Geass was basically Killer Queen’s Bites The Dust from Diamond is Unbreakable.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The laser prism of shooting everyone at once was stupid and rad, I liked that.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
American mecha fans, tickets are now live for showings of the Gurren Lagan movies in January via Fathom, including English dubs for the first time ever.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

drrockso20 posted:

Also while they did up the scale for the movie's version of the final battle

I haven’t seen the movies yet, so I’m very confused how they could pull this off. I’m excited as hell!!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

wdarkk posted:

Does the original Wataru hold up? SRW X has me kind of interested in it.

I’ve been playing through SRW X and I’m curious to try out some of the shows. Does anyone have any SRW X shows outside of Gundam, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, and Nadia they’d recommend? I was already planning on Dunbine at some point, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Colonel posted:

dunbine is kinda zeta gundam but honestly even more weird and bleak... while being a lot jokier and more colorful. frankly i like it more. beware neo dunbine though, tomino wasn't involved and while it has some cool art its animation is an inconsistent mess and the ending has the absolute worst flashing lights i've ever seen in something from that era, like i don't normally have trouble with that stuff and it still caused me physical discomfort to look at. it's only tangentially connected to the original show also, i'm really not sure what anything about neo dunbine was going for, people make fun of garzey but frankly i'd put neo dunbine below it if i had to rank all the byston well stuff

cross ange's opening is weird and sets up an entirely different tone to what it actually ends up going for, it's not perfect but once it gets going it has some pretty fun characters and unique ideas. there's a few bits where it dips back into sexual subjects in ways that may or may not work for you but largely the tone of the show is the same as all the goofier bullshit those characters get into in srw

I don’t know if it can have worse flashing lights than GaoGaiGar. I’m only 3 episodes in, but the sequence where the four kings introduce themselves was loving painful.

And Cross Ange I was interested in, aside from the outfits of a bunch of teenagers. I know it comes with the territory of female mecha pilots, but it seems a little excessive.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I caught the first episode of Bang Bravern this morning and I’m all in.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I really liked everyone getting their own Tengen Toppa Gunmen for the final fight, it gives them all more to do so it doesn’t just feel like the Simon show. I think the wedding scene plays out better as well, since Nia is no longer just a damsel in distress who gets saved, and gets her own time to shine. The last change I really liked, was keeping Jorgen and Ballinbo alive. Love those two goofballs.

ninjewtsu posted:

(lord genome hacking sequence is a true work of art)

This got the biggest pop in my theater, incredible moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
A ton of Macross is coming to Disney+ globally. Take three guess if you think it’s going to include SDF Macross or Do You Remember Love?