Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KILLMECHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Watch enough mecha and youll develop the The notion that theres a mecha series youre sure exists that will satisfy a dream list of things.

Like a recent super robot show that isnt getter arc or dynazeon

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Justin_Brett posted:

For Super Robots, Rumble Garandoll was 2021, and 2019 had Granbelm if you still consider that 'recent'. There's also Megaton Musashi, though I've seen nothing of that.

weird otaku Idol anime with mechs, dark Magical girl anime with mechs, trite effort at a multimedia franchise, respectively.

Granbelm was probably the closest to what i want but dark magical girl was a tired premise for me the moment madoka magica launched a billion imitators.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Super robot shows have always been efforts at multimedia franchises, it's just that instead of phone apps the other media were die-cast and soft vinyl.

Seriously though, genre labels are inherently subjective and there's no way to argue someone out of "that's not what I want". Personally from what I've seen of Granbelm I couldn't argue it's not a super robot show without disqualifying the likes of Star Driver (which is absolutely a super robot show).

As far as full-on classic super robot shows go, we can't forget Shinkalion and Shinkalion Z, aimed at kids with long runs and a movie, they seem like the biggest success of that kind of show in many years.

No i mean Megaton Musashi was explicitly made to be multimedia, theres a kind of focus tested sterility about it.
It wouldve released a little more briskly had it not been for covid but the game was a flop and the anime seems by the numbers. Level-5's best work this is not.

And im not arguing granbelm isnt a super robot show but it adopts a premise that i find extremely tiresome.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 8, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm a amused by this since I remember an old Nanoha / Zeorymer crossover video that seems to have been taken off of youtube.

lmao i must see this

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Heavy Metal posted:

I really liked and beat Armored Core: For Answer, and happy they're making AC6. I'll probably wait a bit to try it, hopefully it's not too difficult, despite their recent reputation with the Souls games. Hope they aren't peer pressured into making this too hardcore or something. I actually like my games like I like my coffee, sweet and uh smooth. And hot. Is there a romance in this game? I want a romance in the Fires of Rubicon.

It looks to be a return to be close to 1-3. They said mech speeds can be built from about that level of speed all the way up to 4's. (but maybe not as fast as builds people played in competitive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKbBfT30AM0)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nuebot posted:

But if I get into megadebt they'll replace me with a better me.

Armored core did Cruelty Squad before cruelty squad :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Any cockpit where the pilot flicks on several switches then dramatically pushes a comically long throttle lever

Megas XLR for its infinitely variable buttons, levers, switches, doodads and geegaws

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blockhouse posted:

https://youtu.be/Xt5uJ7fLqUQ

so it looks like bang bravern's whole deal is that it's a gritty real robot series but the protagonist is basically american weeb gai daigoji

has to be a crime to have brave in the title twice and have that logo and not be a brave show.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cross ange is trash and srw does a lot to hide that by dint of its format.

Its just more unfocused Fukuda writing, before you get to its aesthetics and character design.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 16, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSs4mBRy7nk&t=106

Timestamped to a thread relevant bit.
But the video is a debut showcase for the studio and a 25th anniversary thing for yugioh.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 3, 2024

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Justin_Brett posted:

The stinger feels like they're implying they'll make something mecha-adjacent soon, but not Zone of the Enders.

The stinger is for a series of cards called sky striker, based heavily on mecha-musume stuff, think strike witches.

They were pushed hard to move product at a time when the game was struggling. So it was extremely powerful and simple to play, got shitloads of support cards, got kid gloves when it came to banlist time so itd stay on top (its been 5 years and they still show up in the meta, in a game with extreme powerceeep), and just recently just finished a tie-in manga for their storyline (and was the first in a series of card storyline tie-ins).

Theyre extremely popular and annoying to play against and I hate them

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blaze Dragon posted:

Big revelations in this week's Bravern. Smith is completely waxed.

How else can you be completely smooth in a full body skin tight suit