Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why does the anti-UN robot flap it's wings? That is so dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Lol at the end of Macross Zero. "Take care of the Mayan people, Shin" *five years later they're all killed by the Zentraedi*

What a lovely, baffling show

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I liked Beast Machines

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

alcharagia posted:

Today I came to the realization, after several years of watching Go-Lion and related Voltron properties, that it is called Go-Lion because it is five lions put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope it's a sidestory OVA about the Jamming Birds

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Macross Delta is about an idol team, anime is saved

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Schwarzwald posted:

Macross has always been about idols, though.

They weren't the pilots before!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That was a rock band, not iodls

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Do any of those Super Robot games replace all the characters with Purus cosplaying as the other characters?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Dougram episode 66

It took literally arctic conditions, but the members of Fang of the Sun are finally wearing shirts under their overalls.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gyra_Solune posted:

Aquarion Logos has gone...weird...places. Fanfic places. Our hero gets an upgraded robot that looks exactly like his old one at a distance lol

That happens. If you showed me a picture of the Nirvash or the upgraded Nirvash, I couldn't tell you which one it was

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Man, Lecoque is an rear end in a top hat

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

a kitten posted:

No, this one.

What are they hoping to accomplish?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why does the girl in Dougram wear her parka under her overalls? That doesn't make any goddamn sense

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It goes to a kind of weird place in the last quarter

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pureauthor posted:

At least it's not Frontier.

Frontier was great

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

The second movie goes a long way towards improving some of the plot stuff in the latter parts of the tv series that felt half-baked.

I genuinely don't remember what the actual story was. Like, what the aliens were, evil lady's plan, Ranka's song significance, I got no clue. I just really liked the characters

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really like this Dougram mech.

The Small Zam

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I finished Dougram, and I have a question. So what's the deal with the first scene, where Canary comes across the ruined Dougram? Did she get lost camping or something?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Can we talk about how insane it is that Gundam got cancelled, Macross almost got cancelled, but Dougram, the most plodding, middle-aged men talking in board rooms mecha anime of all time, got seventy-five goddamn episodes?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Traveller posted:

What did you make of the ending?

It was good

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

tsob posted:

Isn't it like, 10 or 15 episodes before Crinn even gets in to the Dougram? Or has it just become exaggerated in my mind? I remember liking how long it took to build up to him becoming a pilot.

The first episode, as mentioned, is a sort of weird pilot that flashes forward. But yeah, he doesn't get the Dougram until episode 9. But he does start piloting regular Combat Armors in episode 3.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

But seriously though. It was really unexpected how long they keep fighting for nothing. The real strength of the show is how realistic it is, so seeing the soldiers keep on fighting like that, and being unsatisfied with an imperfect peace was great. I'm assuming that with LaCoque dead, Deloyer does end up getting a more favorable outcome, thhe control of the space port and the removal of federal troops. Which was basically what they wanted all along. So in the end, Carmel and loving Destin are the big heroes of the revolution. It's so wonderfully un-storybook.

I do wish there was a movie alternate ending, showing what would have happened if the attack on the North Pole space port had gone forward

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Mellowlink owns

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parallax posted:

Man, Votoms would be a better show without the three knuckleheads who follow Chirico everywhere

Don't you dare say poo poo about Coconna!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
is GR: Giant Robo any good?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

It's not subtitled beyond the first 2 episodes is what it is.

The third one's on youtube. But yeah I can't find any beyond that

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parallax posted:

Macross 7 is super frustrating!

more like super great

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
'cause Macross 7 is super great

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parallax posted:

I've liked parts of it so far, but it has a similar problem to the original in that the pacifist character seems ridiculous in the situation they're in

Yeah! I mean, spoiler alert, it turns out he's right, but the part before people realize that is great. The army guys are mad because he gets in their way, and the rest of Fire Bomber is mad cause he misses gigs. But Basara doesn't care, he just wants to move that mountain.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parallax posted:

I think he just comes off as an unlikable butt for the most part, though

Oh yeah, Basara's a kind of terrible guy.

SpikeMcclane posted:

7 is my second favorite Macross, but yeah, it would be better if it was shorter, the beginning is rough, and I don't remember when it went from a trudge to "I must binge this until the end."

It's a toss up to me whether the worst part early on is Basara or the fairly low number of songs constantly being repeated.

I love Totsugeki Love Heart, but if I never hear Planet Dance again in my life, I'd be cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine