Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Code Geass and Gundam 00 are both shows that are better if you ignore the existence of their post season 1 content, though that's easier to do with the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Someday we'll get an anime adaptation of Nightmare of Nunnaly and I will be a very happy camper because that manga is bugnuts in all the best ways

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ed, Edd, n Eddy would be another good trio to stick in the Getter, a lot of Ishikawa's more goofy faces end up being pretty similar in style to that show anyways

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

They even perfectly fit the usual Getter Trio, you have the angry hot-blooded leader (Eddy), the intelligent one that has to deal with the rest's poo poo (Edd) and the dumb but kind one that serves as the moral compass of the rest (Ed).

You could even get some alternate pilot sets out of the other kids though at that point you get more into Aquarion territory

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

wdarkk posted:

Is there any place to stream Xabungle with english subs? HIDIVE used to have it but doesn't seem to?

Think you'll have to engage in piracy nowadays

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

About the only major weakness they have is that they really should have been three movies instead of just two, this results in some awkward abridging being done in both movies

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

On the other hand the second movie rightfully ditches what the show did with killing off most of Team Dai-Gurren on the approach to the Anti-Spiral as that always made things a bit too dour and also undermined both Kittan's sacrifice and even Nia's death to an extent as being important

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also while they did up the scale for the movie's version of the final battle it still ultimately all comes down to Simon and the Anti-Spiral beating the absolute poo poo out of each other in fisticuffs

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sounds to me like a show that will end up shining if it ever gets into a SRW game then

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also Albegas, Medarot Damashii(which had been previously announced but had to be delayed for a while because they realized it had never been given an official English title separate from just being season three of the dubbed version, so they had to get an approved English name, which is Medabots Spirit), and the remaining seasons of Sgt Frog

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Tranzor Z was my first giant robot thing ever but I've never really ventured into the series proper aside from seeing the Mazinger movie when it came to theaters here some years ago.

Both the Mazinkaiser OVA and Shin Mazinger are really good

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

SKL is also really good but like God Mazinger it is only loosely connected to the wider franchise

Seemlar posted:

Mazinkaiser is terrific in that it's really a "what your brain remembers Mazinger Z being, not what Mazinger Z actually was" show, and Shin is great other than how a whole lot of people seemingly bounced off the in media res opening back in it's day

Yeah I still kind of waffle back and forth on whether to suggest skipping over episode 1 and just watching it at the very end of the show after the final episode or not, cause it can't really be skipped over entirely(there's a couple bits missing if you do) and if you do watch it as the first episode it spoils a lot of things and kind of ruins a lot of the twists and mysteries of the show not to mention even though it's obviously meant to be so it is just a confusing mess that is more likely to make someone not want to watch the show more than anything

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Like I said it's probably best to just skip episode one and watch it at the very end

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Discotek gets to Jeeg eventually

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bravern is the most chunni sentient robot in fiction I have ever seen and I am all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Just got out from seeing Gurren Lagann movie 2, was obviously really good seeing it in a proper movie theater and the dub was actually pretty decent, funny thing is I noticed one very specific change from the original release of the film, they swapped out the Gaiking Gunman at the beginning for a more generic design, guess someone at Toei finally noticed that one and told them to change it(since unlike the homage designs in Lordgenome's flashback it was basically just an SD version of Gaiking without the top head)