Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

As for Mazinger Z?
Yeah I had similar feelings on the original Mazinger manga saga really. Tbh that's probably the main reason why I wasn't nearly as harsh on the Infinity movie as you either, since I was expecting something closer to the manga in terms of writing quality and not uh, something better.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

How could they not bring in Leopardon again

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've been watching Back Arrow too and have had similar feelings. Though even with the main plot going like nowhere, I could forgive that if the show was like at all interesting on an episode to episode basis whether in character or theme or even if just the fights were cool. But the fights suck, the characters are bland (And honestly it feels like there are too many), and thematically there's like nothing interesting going on.

Like it kind of reminds me of that really bad middle portion of Xabungle but somehow worse (And that show at least started strong and sort of picked back up eventually). I had hopes for Back Arrow considering the names involved but this is an astoundingly nothing show.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/macross-sequels-and-films-to-be-released-worldwide-by-big-west-and-harmony-gold-exclusive/

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Crossposting from the VN thread but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljulqkkw6Ik

I started the series a week or two ago and chugged all the way up to relatively early in Alternative, so I'm gonna have to finish it soon before I hear/see something from further in than I am.
I still can't believe they're just starting with Alternative.

Like even ignoring how that's easily the worst of the trilogy, its such a bad decision.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I saw someone online suggest the anime will be a Higurashi Gou style followup to Alternative and if that ends up being true I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think its just modernizing designs for trends of newer/younger audiences. Something like Kasumi's ribbon or Ciel's huge glasses might have appealed to moe feelings of audiences of 90's/early 2000's anime and related mediums, but well its not the 90's anymore and what grabs people isn't the same.

Like Ciel's huge glasses might seem offputtingly old-fashioned to people coming to Tsukihime Remake from FGO or whatever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Too much of the Muv in the world today, not enough of the Luv IMHO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I would watch Nadesico: The Return tbh.

Like maybe the show could be about some corporate villain reviving Gekiganger 3 as a cynical nostalgiabait cashgrab (Which would Idk maybe spark an intergalactic war or something) and now Akito "THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS" Tenkawa must return from the shadows for the sake of justice.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So did anyone else keep up with Back Arrow enough to see the ending? Because oh boy let me tell you it sure was dumb.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 18, 2021