Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Relin posted:

studio 4c is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

studio 4c is going to go bankrupt cause they allied themselves with the megaman dude, owned

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Haruhi rules. Also, a question I asked in the Simulwatch thread that went unanswered regarding the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya:

So, Yuki steals Haruhi's power to remake the world, setting off the events of the film. ...Is that just a thing she's always been able to do? Or was Haruhi somehow made vulnerable to Power-theft leading up to the events of Disappearance?

Curious about this as well. It doesn't make sense for her to always have been able to do that, because surely her bosses would have done so already if they could, right? They'd take Haruhi's power so they could control it, instead of having to play such a dangerous game with a high school student.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think you have to just sort of wave your hands and pretend it makes sense.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

im the guy who wants long winded, boring, dumb as hell sci-fi explanations for why poo poo happens in harhi

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

VostokProgram posted:

Curious about this as well. It doesn't make sense for her to always have been able to do that, because surely her bosses would have done so already if they could, right? They'd take Haruhi's power so they could control it, instead of having to play such a dangerous game with a high school student.

Obviously it took 595 years for Yuki to figure out how to do it herself.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Haruhi rules. Also, a question I asked in the Simulwatch thread that went unanswered regarding the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya:

So, Yuki steals Haruhi's power to remake the world, setting off the events of the film. ...Is that just a thing she's always been able to do? Or was Haruhi somehow made vulnerable to Power-theft leading up to the events of Disappearance?

I always just assumed that the idse could take the power if they wanted to, but it wouldn't serve their purpose. they don't know how to use it to cause "autoevolution"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

VostokProgram posted:

I think this is one of the things that go in favour of Kyon being the real God instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm surprised we made it two pages wth no Huge Kyon.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the idol ep in BtB is legit amazing. i wish all the episodes were that much fun.

small detail i appreciated: mirai wipes her glasses when she gets nervous. she gets nervous in the shower and starts doing the wiping motion despite not having her glasses on. it's adorable

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

I think this is one of the things that go in favour of Kyon being the real God instead.

...Oh yeah. I meant to ask about that. I heard some folks talking about it behind spoiler tags back when the simulwatch was still young, and I assumed the show would start dropping some obvious hints, but I never caught any. Can we talk about that? Because I don't know that I get it.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

the idol ep in BtB is legit amazing. i wish all the episodes were that much fun.

small detail i appreciated: mirai wipes her glasses when she gets nervous. she gets nervous in the shower and starts doing the wiping motion despite not having her glasses on. it's adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5xUSgx25EQ

here is the full length like music video of the song that came with the I'll be Here blu ray version of the show.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Oh yeah. I meant to ask about that. I heard some folks talking about it behind spoiler tags back when the simulwatch was still young, and I assumed the show would start dropping some obvious hints, but I never caught any. Can we talk about that? Because I don't know that I get it.

It's a long and persistent crazy wacky theory/perfectly valid interpretation of Haruhi. That we will probably never get a confirmation, or a wholesale rejection of. I mean there isn't really a ton of evidence for it, but it would be kind of thematically neat given how the series opens.

There's like a website for it and everything.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

kyo ani is really good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

everything about the festival arc in hyouka is great. The trading sequence. The saturn head. Chitanda getting distracted running around the festival. The mystery. it's top notch

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 22, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kyon being the real god would be a cool theory if the author hadn't just stopped working on poo poo like all great artists do

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:eyepop:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:heysexy:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

There's no real obvious hints about it, it's more just the unanswered question of why Kyon is in the SOS Brigade outside of being Haruhi's crush. The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina could be interpreted to be about Kyon too since Haruhi subconsciously figured out that Mikuru was a time traveler and Yuki was an alien, and that whole plot-line has parallels with Kyon's relationship with Mikuru and Yuki. Koizumi breaks character in the middle of it too when he starts thinking about it too which was fun. We also don't know Kyon's real name, which is another one of those odd quirks which people like to speculate about. I don't fully think Kyon is God either, but he's no simple everyman character either. The first time Haruhi ever exhibited any power was when she met John Smith 3 years ago, and I still think that's true for the most part. Her mood swings are almost always related to Kyon in some manner, and Yuki's actions were all connected to Kyon as well. Course, Koizumi outright speculates about it in front of Kyon in Intrigues, but Kyon doesn't pick up on it.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I did not make it through episode 1 of Beyond the Boundry but those gifs look sweet as hell and makes me want to give it another shot to see if I can make it to the cool scenes.

Kyoani makes the prettiest anime. Hyouka is still probably the best looking anime TV series I've seen even 3 years later.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Also everyone should watch K-On!

and K-On!!

and the K-On! movie

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

kyo ani is really good

maybe I should just watch all the shows. I've only seen Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Euphonium.

What should I go to next, KyoAni thread? I'll take the first suggestion.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hyouka or k-on

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Agronox posted:

maybe I should just watch all the shows. I've only seen Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Euphonium.

What should I go to next, KyoAni thread? I'll take the first suggestion.

Try Sound Euphonium

edit: Hyouka is good too

also

arisu posted:

and K-On!!

and the K-On! movie

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Overall, there's just so many little things that happen in Haruhi that happen for Kyon's benefit and Kyon's benefit alone.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

arisu posted:

and K-On!!

and the K-On! movie

also K-On!: Ura-On! and K-On!!: Ura-On!!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

hyouka or k-on

Hyouka it is, thanks!

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

wrong thread..

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Budget Prefuse posted:

nonon is extremely my type of girl despite the fact that shes still in highschool for some reason? u 18 girl....go to the music conservatorium with nodame

you posted this in the wrong thread!!!!

i have captured your shame!!

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

why are you in such a rush to point that out lol

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

it's weird when people do that to be honest

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Namtab posted:

You can't ever see k-on enough times, and I hope you are hype for the simul

i watched ti for the first time like 6 weeks ago, but hell, i'll watch it again

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

you posted this in the wrong thread!!!!

i have captured your shame!!

owned

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

the movie is a materpiece

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Budget Prefuse posted:

why are you in such a rush to point that out lol

Budget Prefuse posted:

it's weird when people do that to be honest

I'm making you pay for liking Beyond the Boundary

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

KyoAni please give us a Hyouka film that's just an hour and a half of the second ending, thanks.

i thought i wanted a second season but i want this instead

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

i thought i wanted a second season but i want this instead

i want both

• Locked thread