Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Eonwe posted:

perfect, I think I get a copy with my 980 TI so I don't even need to install it

unless there is some miracle launch patch

hit me up on steam eonwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Favorite bugs so far..

leaving my xbox controller plugged in caused me to randomly start firing for one round..with no rhyme or reason when..at least until I figured out that must be the culprit and unplugged it. nothing like running around like a maniac pointing at the floors and ceilings while firing full auto until the mags out...

when someone can't turn off their open mic

phasing into some debris which caused me to become one with the wall. could still aim and fire though.

watching a team mate get downed on the stairs and then sink into said stairs so everyone could see him waiting to be healed but no one could do poo poo about it but watch him die slowly inside concrete steps.

How is this game coming out on the 1st??

Oh and when repels don't take so people hilariously fall to their death off roofs. I'm actually kinda jazzed to see what kinda dumb rear end death fail youtube videos come out of this game.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 29, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's unpolished as poo poo, but the core gameplay is solid! - every Ubisoft game ever made

This one really is fun if you have a good team. Pretty painful otherwise.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Vengarr posted:

It's unpolished as poo poo, but the core gameplay is solid! - every Ubisoft game ever made

This one really is fun if you have a good team. Pretty painful otherwise.

Seconded.

The games tick rate, similar to what they did to Battlefield 4 is much too low and needs to be dramatically increased.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I am goddamn terrible with the shields, someone advise me.

I was just on Montagne and had a perfect opportunity to kill a guy, I broke a window and he came over to fix it, I started shooting him but my mag went dry and I couldn't reload without lowering my shield, he wasn't dead because I didn't aim down the sights because that would have lowered my shield, he ended up chasing me outside as I backed away and he killed me.

How do I shield

Orv
May 4, 2011
The short answer is you don't anymore.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
If anybody has an open mic, tell them to press their PTT key. If they have voice disabled, tell them to enable PTT and then press the key. Pressing the key once in a while fixes it, but only if PTT is enabled. Yes it's stupid but that's the easy fix. If they don't comply, just mute them.

Keshik posted:

I am goddamn terrible with the shields, someone advise me.

I was just on Montagne and had a perfect opportunity to kill a guy, I broke a window and he came over to fix it, I started shooting him but my mag went dry and I couldn't reload without lowering my shield, he wasn't dead because I didn't aim down the sights because that would have lowered my shield, he ended up chasing me outside as I backed away and he killed me.

How do I shield

Sounds like you got unlucky with the hipfiring accuracy, it happens. With Blitz (I hate Montagne), I try to save like 5 bullets in the mag in case the guy doesn't die, and wait for an opportunity to aim down sights and get a guaranteed kill.

Shields are very easy to deal with for good players, so I try to not rely on it too much. Lowering your shield to aim down sights is still the equivalent to having cover in front of you, exposing only your head and some of your upper body, which is quite useful.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 29, 2015

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Liberatore posted:

If anybody has an open mic, tell them to press their PTT key. If they have voice disabled, tell them to enable PTT and then press the key. Pressing the key once in a while fixes it, but only if PTT is enabled. Yes it's stupid but that's the easy fix. If they don't comply, just mute them.

It took me and my friend way too long to figure this out, it felt like poo poo having several matches of either of us broadcasting our skype call to the rest of the match unsolicited. I never like to be "that guy" but we were both totally being that guy when we did not want to at all, and holy gently caress are those menus buggy.

And turning down your voice record volume just turns down your system's voice record volume, so if you want to be quieter ingame but keep your volume where it was on skype then tough luck shitbird. Also love when voice thresholds apply to PTT for no reason and there's no indicator of what the threshold actually does.

Otherwise, fun game. Don't care about PVP but surprisingly enjoyed the one TH mode they gave us, I just hope there's a bit more complexity to the AI behavior in the classic mode, including getting rid of dumb spawn triggers because we're not in loving 2005 anymore why are there arbitrary spawn triggers, in a game like this no less. There's a decent mechanics set here, Ubi, don't piss all over it with those few apparently-omnipresent lead designers you keep letting inject archaic unfun bullshit into your games.

Also the full game is somehow already on :filez: sites. Apparently you can currently only play PVP over LAN and the ten "situation" SP/Co-op maps, which rings of the new Battlefront's training maps (i.e, probably nothing more than little demos for mechanics and tech), but the principle of the thing is still baffling. What PC game even leaks ahead of time anymore? Ubisoft's not that averse to using Steam for a bunch of stuff, just use Steam encryption and you'll be fine and dandy.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 29, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I believe they just don't care. Ubisoft has used their own encryption in the past, but this game's main draw is the competitive MP mode and if they allow LAN play at all, it was inevitable that some people would pirate it for that.

It's not like there's much to reveal about the game other than the design of the maps we haven't played.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The situations are solo versions of T-Hunt missions with easier objectives, each played in a different map with a different operator, except the first three which are played as a recruit.

The important bit is that each situation has three bonus objectives. Each rewards 200 renown. They also reward renown at the end based on your score and the difficulty you selected. By doing all of them and the tutorials, I think you will end up with at least 7500 renown before you set foot in a MP match. That's enough renown for up to 10 operators.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
AAaaaaand i think its over?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Keket posted:

AAaaaaand i think its over?

Shouldnt be?

Just connected to a match

Edit: We should really start a new thread

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I don't mind making a new one if someone can think of a good title.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I was going to remake the OP for launch but if someone else wants to take over a new thread I don't have an issue with that

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Keket posted:

I don't mind making a new one if someone can think of a good title.

Rainbow Six Siege This Thread is Better Than The Last Thread

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I was going to remake the OP for launch but if someone else wants to take over a new thread I don't have an issue with that

No offense, but your OP is quite literally, "This game sucks" and it turns away anyone from potentially playing with those of us that do play it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dead Like Rev posted:

Rainbow Six Siege This Thread is Better Than The Last Thread

No offense, but your OP is quite literally, "This game sucks" and it turns away anyone from potentially playing with those of us that do play it.

Hah yeah, I understand that. When I originally wrote it the game was a joke that no one was going to play, now that it actually has a following it deserves a non-joke OP

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I'd be able to throw it up tomorrow morning, keep the title suggestions going and ill grab whatever when I'm done writing the op.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anyone up for some games before the beta Ends?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Rainbow Six: Siege - Friendly Fire Isn't

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Liberatore posted:

Shields are very easy to deal with for good players, so I try to not rely on it too much. Lowering your shield to aim down sights is still the equivalent to having cover in front of you, exposing only your head and some of your upper body, which is quite useful.

Find a solid object, stand to the right of it, ADS and lean left. You now have a small V-shaped slot of an opening with your face barely exposed and only your legs are particularly shootable.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Rainbow Six, Siege: Tactical Pink Sneakers

Rainbow Six, Siege: We have guns but they have plywood

Rainbow Six, Siege: Roller Drone Voyeur Simulator

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Rainbow Six Siege: Upskirt Simulator
Rainbow Six Siege: Future Phalanx Tactics
Rainbow Six Siege: Drone Rodeo

Also what the gently caress is this, http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/whiteboard/landing.aspx

EDIT:
rainbow six siege: paris simulator

Keket fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 29, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rainbow 6: Siege - Competitive multiplayer drywall simulator

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Rainbow Six Siege: "Breaching now- AGHH THEY'RE ALL IN HERE"

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Server tick tick boom

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Eonwe posted:

someone tell me why this game is great

also someone tell me why nobody will play it in a week

i want to get the full range of experiences here

Reasons for why this is a better game than say, Star Citizen

Answer: it is a game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

Reasons for why this is a better game than say, Star Citizen

Answer: it is a game

every game is better than star citizen

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yep rip servers. See you guys on Wednesday!

Eonwe posted:

every game is better than star citizen

Even no game is better than Star Citizen because not making a game doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The name should clearly be

Rainbow Six: Siege-Great Game if it worked

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yep rip servers. See you guys on Wednesday!

Even no game is better than Star Citizen because not making a game doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars

We're still playing?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Looks like Xbone and PS4 are having issues, PC is fine

Also just ACED a round, 5 kills

Edit: Just did it again hahahaha

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 29, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Idris Elba wants you to SIEGE THE DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=554XiLSZZeA

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

We have our own channel on CTS!

Rainbow Six: Siege

Thanks Doot!

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The Chalet map is interesting; it's a no rappelling map. You can still breach through the second floor, but you have to climb ladders to do it. On the other hand, the snow outside makes your footsteps much quieter than normal, and the inside of the Chalet is loving massive.

I love the design of Kafe Dostoyevsky and Club House, which is a biker club in Hannover.

Also, when you guys get a chance, watch the operator videos. They're short and loving awesome. "If there's one thing I'm sure, it's that a six-inch blade never loses reception."

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 29, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I found most of the operator videos to be pretty bad. Blitz's especially is like a Call of Duty frag montage, dubstep and all.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rPawMWlzpA

As requested, I've uploaded.
A bit long maybe.

Sorry about me being loud and having my mic broadcast constantly.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Dezztroy posted:

I found most of the operator videos to be pretty bad. Blitz's especially is like a Call of Duty frag montage, dubstep and all.

Blitz's is pretty bad. I don't mind the dubstep but the video itself is badly edited. I like most of the others though, especially Sledge's, Thatcher's and Kapkan's.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So is this worth a buying at full price? I'm in Australia so I doubt I'll get much of a chance to play with US goons.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Raged posted:

So is this worth a buying at full price? I'm in Australia so I doubt I'll get much of a chance to play with US goons.

Go buy an nvidia code or get it off greenman for like $30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Raged posted:

Unless you have a group of 3-4 other people who you know will be available to play with often, almost certainly not.

• Locked thread