Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's basically a new engine CS with 5 man teams and destructible environments and tools. It's not really a "Rainbow Six" title in the truest sense. It's fun, I've been playing it a bit, but it's certainly not in line with the 'franchise.'

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I didn't use the SWAT analogy lightly, it kinda does feel like a more lethal version of that to me at times. But even then, it is more of a game of just "cool moments" than original R6 was. Busting through a wall and having your teammates clear a room is an awesome feeling, but there is just so drat much waiting for it to happen with the overlong setup period and such

I guess it is a lot like SWAT, but I enjoyed and played the living gently caress out of SWAT4 and don't get the same :feels: as that gave me, just based on the pacing and ability to less lethal/arrest. It was more "challenging" in SWAT I guess.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Except you don't really need to find the bombs, just kill dudes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I shot a shield dude 8 times in the back, and because they are up armored alongside lovely hitboxes and netcodes they never die. Made me ragequit. I've noticed in kill cams that a lot of the time a dude shoots nowhere near me and still manages to hit, or I get shot through an impenetrable wall. Also playing 2v4 and having the newest join stack the other team to 5 is hilariously bad. The matchmaking system is so poo poo in it's current state. It also seems I'm stuck playing the bomb mode only now and not the single device mode, which is kind of annoying as I prefer the latter. Not being able to vote on mode/map is a pretty terrible oversight.

I realize it's a tech test/beta, but there's a lot of things that are going to stop me from purchasing the real deal unless they address them, and I'm 99% certain a lot of this was brought to their attention during Alpha.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 23, 2015

• Locked thread