Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

That loving Sned posted:

Hopefully there's still a chance of a new Capcom-made DMC game in the future. I think the old team were involved with Dragon's Dogma, but with the online version still in development and most likely needing a lot of post-release content and support, it might be a while before we see a new game.

I was still pleasantly surprised by DmC, although the original release did have a lot of problems. Playing without lock-on felt really clumsy, especially against flying enemies, and the terrible devil trigger sending all the enemies up into the air didn't help this.

Dragon's Dogma is coming out on PC, which I never saw coming because I thought it was going to be the Japanese equivalent of Red Dead Redemption.

New thread, new hope :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Zelder posted:

I think Devil May Cry 3 is better than 4, am I wrong

Nah, I agree. DMC4SE Vergil is king poo poo of the playable characters though, with all-styles-anytime Uncle Dante second because his moveset is lamer compared to DMC3 Dante's moveset.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Fereydun posted:

p.s. here's some unused content in dmc4se
why is it unused? who knows

Hey, that's the final part of DMC3 Vergil's standard Force Edge combo.

TBH there's some move variations from DMC3 I would've preferred over what Vergil got in DMC4:SE, but oh well

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Fereydun posted:

it looks cool as gently caress though and makes me wish he just had a summon sword force edge 100% of the time instead of the actual one.
like he just summons it for the attack and it breaks on every attack ender or whatever

i ended up making a bunch because i get bored of vanilla colors quickly

Red Yamato looks badass as gently caress; reminds me of Sam in Revengeance. I think I'll get this mod...

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

No worries, let's see how the PC version of Dragon's Dogma does first before we expect Capcom to make plans for a character-action game again.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Baal you really need to curb your enthusiasm for Reuben Langdon. He's an awesome actor for sure, but he's also a crazy person that believes in crystal healing and UFO conspiracies.

It's cool with me man, as long as he's not a racist or some other hosed up thing he can believe what he wants

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

poo poo, I'm still trying to muster the will to push on and finish DMD on all characters in 4SE. I've technically finished the campaign like 10 times now, and how much of a bummer 4's campaign is compared to 3's really shows.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Motherfucker

I'm getting back into DMC4:SE for my DMD run with all characters, and I finally managed to S-rank my white whale of a boss fight with everyone: Mission 6. I surprisingly got Nero in one run, considering I never beat that boss without popping items in vanilla DMC4 way back when; Lady was the toughest since she has no emergency DT and I got lucky with green orb drops, and Vergil took me the longest since it took 3 runs to put together my strategy of "maintain max Concentration, throw Force Edge to deflect swords at boss, spam Judgement Cuts" for the victory.

And then I stumble on this video, with Vergil just loving destroying this lovely "boss" fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV7hA-s6rZE&t=200s

This game rules, Vergil rules, give his son his moveset in the next game pls

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Fereydun posted:

haha holy poo poo that is insane
like geez that is clever to use the round trip as a method of holding the swords in place so you can deflect them a million times with DT lunar phase

Nah man, it's Round Trip trapping the swords between it and the window so they just bounce back and forth for the duration. DT Lunar Phase was the cherry on top of the "gently caress your window" sundae

It's like the spinny top things catching a Blitz or whatever in the corner of that one room with the display cases and just murdering it

You were right, Round Trip is hilariously broken in all the right ways

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dare i dream???

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Rescue mission to save Vergil

apparently in project x zone 2 (giant capcom crossover srpg, it's not really good for anything but fanservice), vergil features there as dante's tag team partner because instead of getting turned into mundus' bitch at the end of dmc3, he either gets lost for like 3 days in the demon world and gets bored before returning, or wins against not-satan

then time travel bullshit happens, he encounters dante fighting nelo angelo, and realizes that he's already at his most powerful so his ambitions have been technically fulfilled, and joins in fighting his evil self

what im getting at is that i want to play vergil in dmc5 no matter how stupid the justification is

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
MOTHERFUCKER IT STILL HURTS AFTER HAVING A NIGHT'S REST, TECH

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yo Fereydun, your Vergil recolor/retro effects mod is stylish as all hell. You did a great job, duder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
this is just some chinese mobile game ripoff fyi

look onwards to tgs as the final stand of dmc

• Locked thread