Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

PT6A posted:

Hence why I said "taxable income." There should be a basic personal exemption which would render the first $X not taxable.

If you can't understand how a function works, which is like 9th or 10th grade math at most, I don't think there's any workable tax system which will make sense to you. We're not asking people to derive it themselves, we're asking them to hypothetically press a few different buttons on the calculator.

Going to be honest, I was too emotionally hosed up in the latter years of highschool to remember a single thing about functions, but I can still easily figure out how to do basic multiplication and addition in our current system.

Most people don't use functions or log in their daily life and have completely forgotten that poo poo if they ever knew it at all. Just because something is easy for you I wouldn't assume it is for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread