Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I really want a pet bird but I know I'm not responsible enough to care for one or wealthy enough to buy one, and this thread is not helping. :smith:

Austin has been developing wild populations of what I now suspect are monk parakeets aka Quaker parrots for the last few years at least, and they seem to be spreading. Has anybody else in the area seen them? They're super pretty. :3:

I was leaving the HEB over on Riverside probably 5 or 6 years ago when I noticed that the grass was moving on an otherwise windless day. I took a closer look and the entire patch was covered in these little dudes. I've lived here my entire life and that was the first time I'd seen (or at least noticed) them, but apparently they've been around since the 70s when a few caged ones escaped. The climate is right for them and there really aren't any predators so their population has grown quite large and are apparently now on the official list of accepted Texas bird species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread